rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 16 Replies | 0 Followers

steven87
Not Ranked
4 Posts
Bronze Member
steven87 posted on Wed, Apr 19 2017 10:25 PM

Hi guys,

I want to buy a portable bluetooth speaker. My purpose is to mostly listen inside, and sometimes outside (but not often). Now I am thinking to take one of these speakers with price like this: Beolay A2 (199€) vs Beolay A2 active (369€)  vs Beolit 15 (350€).

Do you think which one is good for a long-term investment Hmm? Thank you Big Smile

All Replies

leogoeswild
Top 50 Contributor
Helsinki, Finland
1,376 Posts
Bronze Member
If mostly indoors, BL15. It is rather big to drag around, but if that is no issue you should get that one.
Peter
Top 10 Contributor
Earsdon
11,435 Posts
Founder
Peter replied on Thu, Apr 20 2017 9:19 AM

Go and listen to them first - also don't discount the A1 - ridiculously good for the size and very portable.

Peter

moxxey
Top 25 Contributor
South West, UK
4,160 Posts
Bronze Member
moxxey replied on Thu, Apr 20 2017 10:06 AM

steven87:

I want to buy a portable bluetooth speaker. My purpose is to mostly listen inside, and sometimes outside (but not often). Now I am thinking to take one of these speakers with price like this: Beolay A2 (199€) vs Beolay A2 active (369€)  vs Beolit 15 (350€).

Believe it or not, I have all the portable speakers (various reasons, but I work in tech) including those from B&O's rivals.

I'm actually a big fan of my A1. It's tiny, very portable, decent battery (seems to last ages) and great sound. If you're looking for a great portable speaker you can truly pack in your suitcase, this is my recommendation.

If you're seeking a high quality speaker (for the size) which you can move room to room, then the Beolit 15 is my choice.

Chris Townsend
Top 50 Contributor
Corbridge, UK
2,931 Posts
Gold Member
I also have the A1, A2 and Beloit 15. Obviously the A1 is the most portable, and the Beolit offers the best sound.

I'm away at the moment and didn't want to lug the Beolit around, but wished I'd bought another A1 and linked them. Is that a good option? I wander how that dual A1 sound compares to the Beolit? Come on Manchester, knock us up a video.Yes - thumbs up

Beovision 7-55 Mk2, Avant RF 28, Beolab 9,  Beolit 15,  Beoplay A1/A2, Beocom 2, Beotime, H3 ANC/H8/H6/H2, Form 2, Beoplay A3, Beovision 5-42 connected to a DVD1

moxxey
Top 25 Contributor
South West, UK
4,160 Posts
Bronze Member
moxxey replied on Thu, Apr 20 2017 10:30 AM

Chris Townsend:
I'm away at the moment and didn't want to lug the Beolit around, but wished I'd bought another A1 and linked them. Is that a good option? I wander how that dual A1 sound compares to the Beolit? Come on Manchester, knock us up a video.Yes - thumbs up

I have two A1's Chris (a black and moss green). Connecting them sounds a bit better, but what's the point (you have the same output from both, it's not suddenly going to rival an A9, as you buy two)? The reason for having the A1 is the true portability of the device - I often pop it in my suitcase, when travelling, as an example.

moxxey
Top 25 Contributor
South West, UK
4,160 Posts
Bronze Member
moxxey replied on Thu, Apr 20 2017 12:30 PM

Just for you Chris.

Single A1 (Moss Green): mono.m4v

Dual A1 (Black & Moss Green): stereo.m4v

Hope this works - really not much difference. Not worth getting another A1 for this.

leogoeswild
Top 50 Contributor
Helsinki, Finland
1,376 Posts
Bronze Member
A1 is strictly for portable and maybe in office.

At home it is worthless. I just laugh when I listen to it at home after using my BL15.

You don't get close to the 15 by using two a1's.
AnalogPlanet
Top 150 Contributor
Zagreb, Croatia
354 Posts
Gold Member

moxxey:
I'm actually a big fan of my A1. It's tiny, very portable, decent battery (seems to last ages) and great sound.

Couldn't agree more. I travel quite a lot and A1 is perfectly convenient plus it sounds really great for a hotel-room travel speaker. Decent bass, clear highs and midrange and more than okay battery life.

steven87
Not Ranked
4 Posts
Bronze Member

Do you think 2 Beoplay A2 can catch up 1 Beolit 15? Big Smile

steven87
Not Ranked
4 Posts
Bronze Member

leogoeswild:
A1 is strictly for portable and maybe in office.

At home it is worthless. I just laugh when I listen to it at home after using my BL15.

You don't get close to the 15 by using two a1's.

Do you think 2 Beoplay A2 can catch up 1 Beolit 15? Big Smile

moxxey
Top 25 Contributor
South West, UK
4,160 Posts
Bronze Member
moxxey replied on Thu, Apr 20 2017 2:18 PM

steven87:

No! Just adding a second speaker of the same device, doesn't make it sound a tonne better. It just gives a stereo rather than mono output. Same sound though. I'm confused why people think adding a second device, of the same unit, makes the sound "more powerful"?

You can see from my demo above, the sound isn't very different at all - quieter if anything.

steven87
Not Ranked
4 Posts
Bronze Member

moxxey:

steven87:

No! Just adding a second speaker of the same device, doesn't make it sound a tonne better. It just gives a stereo rather than mono output. Same sound though. I'm confused why people think adding a second device, of the same unit, makes the sound "more powerful"?

You can see from my demo above, the sound isn't very different at all - quieter if anything.

Ok, now I end up with two choices:  Beoplay A2  for a bargain (199€) (I will skip Beolay A1 because it also costs 199€ and its sound is not as good as Beolay A2, which is enough portable Cool )   or  Beolit 15 for better sound (350€)  Stick out tongue. The question is it is worth to add extra 150€ for a better sound of Beolit 15, although I think Beoplay A2  has a quite good sound too Geeked?

egges
Top 200 Contributor
germoney
236 Posts
Silver Member
egges replied on Thu, Apr 20 2017 3:36 PM

i've had an beolit 15 and it sounds bombastic 👌🏻

Wohnzimmer: BeoVision Avant 55", BeoLab 11, 12-2 und 12-3 für 5.1-Sound + amazonFireTV, appleTV (4th. gen.) und Samsung BluRay-Player; BeoSound 2 (drahtlos), BeoSound 3000 (fast nur noch Deko)////Schlafzimmer: BeoEssence MkII, BeoLab 4000 + Samsung 46"-TV////Büro: BLC NL/ML, BeoSound 35, Thorens TD320MkII, Samsung 32"-TV, WesternDigital 4TB-Server////Bad: BeoLab 2000; alles CAT7 verkabelt////Küche: M5 (drahtlos) plus diverse apple-Geräte (macmini, macbook, ipads, iphones) und als Frühstücksradio gewissermaßen: A6 oxidised brass SE

BeoGreg
Top 75 Contributor
South of France
1,174 Posts
Gold Member
If it's for going from room to room or from room to the garden = Beolit 15.

If it's for going from room to outside the house = Beoplay A2.

I chose Beolit 15 because it was more powerfull than A2, more bassy (i had distorsions at high volume with A2).

Beolit 15 was too bassy untill we got the app with the settings.

It's now great (but I suspect that A2 with the app settings is better now also !).

I also have A1 and even if it's very good for the size it can't compete with the Beolit 15. The latter is much warmer, fills the room.
Page 1 of 2 (17 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS