rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 96 Replies | 0 Followers

Craig
Top 150 Contributor
Yarm, United Kingdom
378 Posts
Silver Member
Craig posted on Sat, Apr 15 2017 4:40 PM

Finally getting around to this machine, now I have enough speakers to connect to it! I already had a good look at it cosmetically when it was kindly gifted to me by Peter....looked good then and still does.

All Replies

Craig
Top 150 Contributor
Yarm, United Kingdom
378 Posts
Silver Member

There are a couple of minor scratches/marks here and there however I feel I can polish most of them away.

Craig
Top 150 Contributor
Yarm, United Kingdom
378 Posts
Silver Member

Overall it looks in pretty good shape for such an old girl

Craig
Top 150 Contributor
Yarm, United Kingdom
378 Posts
Silver Member

Opened her up for a quick look around

Craig
Top 150 Contributor
Yarm, United Kingdom
378 Posts
Silver Member

Quite a lot of dust around in here (Peter...shame on you) but nothing looks amiss, not that I have ever seen inside one before, so I powered her up to see if all the lamps worked. 

Craig
Top 150 Contributor
Yarm, United Kingdom
378 Posts
Silver Member

Every lamp works fine, all of the pushbuttons function nicely too, the volume/bass/treble and both balance lights are a little dull but work none the less, I'm wondering if Rudy does a LED replacement for these lamps. Had to connect a speaker and try the radio....

Craig
Top 150 Contributor
Yarm, United Kingdom
378 Posts
Silver Member

Works an absolute treat.......sound is pretty good too, tried the aux input with my ipad and was rewarded with more good sounding playback

Craig
Top 150 Contributor
Yarm, United Kingdom
378 Posts
Silver Member

Tried the one speaker around all four outputs and all work fine. The on/off switch fell apart when I removed it to dismantle the grill and one of the speaker output sockets is a bit wobbly....outside of those minor issues I have a fully functioning 6000. So that established I need to make a decision on a full recap and trimmer change for this unit, the new belts Martin supplied will go in, the movement of the indicator ribbons is a little sluggish, maybe down to slipping belts, I know this wont be easy from reading the posts others have shared........

Martin......I don't suppose you do a capacitor kit for this machine?

Peter
Top 10 Contributor
Earsdon
11,478 Posts
Founder
Peter replied on Sat, Apr 15 2017 10:55 PM

It had lived under out bed for the last three years - so dust probably a given! The bulbs probably would be best replaced - Tim serviced this some time ago but he didn't have the correct bulbs so some were brighter than they should have been.

I didn't leave a small white box with you, did I? I have put it somewhere and have no idea where - it has a number of cartridges in it!! Probably somewhere stupid here but thought it worth asking!

Have to check what else is under the bed - a couple of VCRs I think, some speakers and maybe another receiver.

Peter

Craig
Top 150 Contributor
Yarm, United Kingdom
378 Posts
Silver Member
Craig replied on Tue, Apr 18 2017 8:06 AM

Peter

I have had a good look around for your missing white box but found nothing, I seem to recall you fishing out the cartridge for the "4001" from a grey box when you dropped it off last year but don't think I can remember seeing a white one. However should it surface I will know where it belongs ;¬) 

Peter
Top 10 Contributor
Earsdon
11,478 Posts
Founder
Peter replied on Tue, Apr 18 2017 5:56 PM

I didn't expect you had it - just wracking my brain as where I have put them!! Dementia is clearly galloping on!

Peter

Craig
Top 150 Contributor
Yarm, United Kingdom
378 Posts
Silver Member
Craig replied on Tue, Apr 18 2017 7:41 PM

Hey........what a shame it never kicked in early enough for you to forget where you you left your BM4401 and the two Beograms :-)

Peter
Top 10 Contributor
Earsdon
11,478 Posts
Founder
Peter replied on Wed, Apr 19 2017 8:53 AM

If you would like the loan of a Beogram on a long term basis, just tell me. I only use one or two so have 2 spare 400X decks. No quad module anymore though. I think I gave away my quad records but will check - I may have some SQ ones somewhere and the B&O CD4 Mahler. I do keep finding things that I forgot that I ever had!!

Peter

Craig
Top 150 Contributor
Yarm, United Kingdom
378 Posts
Silver Member

Took her down a little further today as I finished a little early, and I have to say the dust isn't as bad as one would expect for years under Peters bed!

Craig
Top 150 Contributor
Yarm, United Kingdom
378 Posts
Silver Member

Mercifully the tuner pully wheel came apart nicely and I wasn't left with the problem that Rudi had with the bearing re assembly and re thread of the cord.

Page 1 of 7 (97 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS