Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 5 Replies | 1 Follower

ALF
Top 150 Contributor
AUS
439 Posts
Silver Member
ALF posted on Fri, Apr 14 2017 1:24 PM

hi all,

the other day I encountered an unusual problem with one of my Beogram 4000 table:

a rattling - or perhaps bettter juddering - solenoid, preventing the arm from lowering ?!!!

the table eventually switches itself off.

Beolover has a short video that demonstrates this issue:

http://beolover.blogspot.com/2015/08/beogram-4000-arrives-from-uk-solenoid-oscillation.html

in his case it was a detached wire - not in my case !

could some of our BG4000 experts give me a clue what else might cause that problem ??

yes, I checked the SM, circuit diagram and fault flow chart but........???

thank you if you have an idea, suggestion etc

cheers

ALF

All Replies

beo3000
Top 500 Contributor
66 Posts
Gold Member

Not sure it's unusual I have come across it twice and have only 5 first time I think it was something to do with the switches on switch PCB on the arm I can't remember exactly (is the light on the arm lighting up?), the next time I don't have an image to hand but you should see a bear copper wire going close to the dampened arm lower mech it had bent down a little and was shorting I added some heat shrink to avoid further problems in the future Good luck 

Dillen
Top 10 Contributor
Copenhagen / Denmark
9,316 Posts
Founder
Dillen replied on Fri, Apr 14 2017 1:49 PM

Badly adjusted contacts
Heavily oxidated contacts
Broken wires.
Bad power resistor
Weak voltage regulator circuit.
Any combination of the above.

Martin

ALF
Top 150 Contributor
AUS
439 Posts
Silver Member
ALF replied on Sat, Apr 15 2017 11:49 AM

Hi Martin,

thanks for the pointers.

would you care to be a bit more specific ? Which voltage regulator circuit and power resistor am I looking at in particular ?

I did check the wiring- so far nothing suspicious has been discovered as well as the muting and current limiter contacts.

that would leave the spring-leave contacts of the control board and the nipple-switch contacts the get activated by the carriage moving over them....

or do I see that the wrong way ?

thanks - ALF

ALF
Top 150 Contributor
AUS
439 Posts
Silver Member
ALF replied on Sat, Apr 15 2017 11:49 AM

Hi Martin,

thanks for the pointers.

would you care to be a bit more specific ? Which voltage regulator circuit and power resistor am I looking at in particular ?

I did check the wiring- so far nothing suspicious has been discovered as well as the muting and current limiter contacts.

that would leave the spring-leave contacts of the control board and the nipple-switch contacts the get activated by the carriage moving over them....

or do I see that the wrong way ?

thanks - ALF

Dillen
Top 10 Contributor
Copenhagen / Denmark
9,316 Posts
Founder
Dillen replied on Sat, Apr 15 2017 11:56 AM

ALF:

There's only one of each with relation to the soleniod circuit.

Martin

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS