rated by 0 users
This post has 2 Replies | 1 Follower

beojeff
Top 75 Contributor
USA
Posts 1,012
Bronze Member
beojeff Posted: Sun, Apr 9 2017 5:56 PM

I thought this might be some useful info regarding the BeoSound 5 cables.

I recently got a 2nd BeoSound 5. The lazy person who removed if from the wall for the former owner cut all of the 3 cables. *GASP!* The horror!

As I was quoted $325 from B&O for 4.5 meter replacement cables, I though I would try some generic cables from Amazon.  I got a 3 meter mini-HDMI to DVI-D cable and a 10-foot USB to mini-USB cable all for less than $20 USD. I still needed get the third cable, the 4-pin power cable made by B&O, for $100. The generic DVI and USB cables worked just fine. While they may be a little too short for a wall installation, they work just fine for me for table-top use. I was able to save over $200 USD.

9 LEE
Top 10 Contributor
Eastbourne, UK
Posts 6,688
Founder
9 LEE replied on Sun, Apr 9 2017 8:53 PM

Totally agree!  Save your money people..

We get a lot of BeoSound 5's in where the previous owner has chopped the cables (in fairness, they're not always lazy - sometimes they're plastered into walls or under floorboards).  We use high quality non-B&O cables, which still work out a fraction of the price of genuine B&O and have never had a single problem in all the years we've been selling them.

As beojeff mentioned though, nobody else makes the power cable which is B&O specific.

Lee

beojeff
Top 75 Contributor
USA
Posts 1,012
Bronze Member
beojeff replied on Sun, Apr 9 2017 9:54 PM

9 LEE:

Totally agree!  Save your money people..

We get a lot of BeoSound 5's in where the previous owner has chopped the cables (in fairness, they're not always lazy - sometimes they're plastered into walls or under floorboards).  We use high quality non-B&O cables, which still work out a fraction of the price of genuine B&O and have never had a single problem in all the years we've been selling them.

As beojeff mentioned though, nobody else makes the power cable which is B&O specific.

Lee

It's great to know that you offer those, Lee! If I ever need longer lengths for a wall installation, I'll be contacting you!

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS