rated by 0 users
Answered (Verified) This post has 1 verified answer | 3 Replies | 1 Follower

beoaus
Top 500 Contributor
51 Posts
Founder
beoaus posted on Mon, Mar 27 2017 11:40 AM

Hi All,

I have Beolab 2000 that sounds rather distorted. I suspect water damage, Is anyone familiar with removing the speaker grills safely so I can inspect inside?

BTW. I did download the service manual, though, a disassembly process is presumed rather than explained.

Thanks beoaus.

Answered (Verified) Verified Answer

Stoobietoo
Top 500 Contributor
Exeter, Devon, UK
205 Posts
Gold Member
Verified by beoaus

It is really easy. They slide up and off by sliding them up from the bottom. Carefully slide a credit card in between the bottom of the grille and the grey plastic case. Wiggle it up and down and the grille will start to slide up a little. Once you you have loosened it it will slide right up and off.

Stoobie 

All Replies

Stoobietoo
Top 500 Contributor
Exeter, Devon, UK
205 Posts
Gold Member
Verified by beoaus

It is really easy. They slide up and off by sliding them up from the bottom. Carefully slide a credit card in between the bottom of the grille and the grey plastic case. Wiggle it up and down and the grille will start to slide up a little. Once you you have loosened it it will slide right up and off.

Stoobie 

beoaus
Top 500 Contributor
51 Posts
Founder
beoaus replied on Wed, Mar 29 2017 10:20 AM

Very easy, once you know.

Thank you, beoaus

Stoobietoo
Top 500 Contributor
Exeter, Devon, UK
205 Posts
Gold Member

beoaus:

Very easy, once you know.

Sorry if I made it sound so easy you should be able to work it out yourself. I only know to my cost as I dented one​ grille trying to get mine off. 

I was so surprised at the ease they​ came off when I knew how. 

Stoobie

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS