Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Click here to tell us about your new email address

New colors: Replacement parts for Beoplay A1 and A2?

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 4 Replies | 1 Follower

TWG
Top 75 Contributor
1,008 Posts
Gold Member
TWG posted on Thu, Mar 16 2017 9:13 AM

Hi,

as the colors are getting better I want to know if the dealers can order replacement parts for those speakers?

I currently have an A1 in black and I like the charcoal sand more! But I don't want to buy a new speaker only because of the color. :-)

And I want to paint my A2, too. But I need a spare part BEFORE experimenting Big Smile

So, can I buy that removable aluminium part from B&O?

All Replies

Duels
Top 75 Contributor
England
1,139 Posts
Gold Member
Duels replied on Thu, Mar 16 2017 10:08 AM
I'd be very surprised if they can.
TWG
Top 75 Contributor
1,008 Posts
Gold Member
TWG replied on Mon, Mar 20 2017 9:39 AM

But does anybody know for sure if these parts are available? Is a Beoplay product just a disposable article?
I thought it should be possible to replace the speaker covers as I won't be the only person on earth that want to exchange it!? :-)

Does it mean that I even can't replace the earpads of my H6 if they are worn out?

moxxey
Top 25 Contributor
South West, UK
4,143 Posts
Bronze Member
moxxey replied on Mon, Mar 20 2017 10:38 AM

TWG:

But does anybody know for sure if these parts are available? Is a Beoplay product just a disposable article?

It's a £199 item, in regards to an A1. Even my TV speaker is more expensive. I'd very much doubt dealers can or are even interested in buying BeoPlay plastic parts - my dealer barely cares about BeoPlay products at all, never mind parts.

Maybe just sell yours to someone else and buy a new one in the colour you want?

Earle
Top 500 Contributor
120 Posts
Bronze Member
Earle replied on Mon, Mar 20 2017 7:02 PM

I'm sure a part number is available, and therefore order-able.

Whether dealers care about BeoPlay products is irrelevant. Form 2 foam covers are replaceable, S3 covers are replaceable, and even [OEM] replacement wires exist for Earphones (Earset 3i) . If a part number exists, a dealer can order it for you (pending physical availability, of course)... best to just call your local shop. I've even gotten part numbers directly from B&O via a quick e-mail.

Personally, I think I would want the part numbers for my H8/H9 earpads as you also mentioned.

But as moxxey suggests, it can also just be a question of opportunity cost - is $50(USD) really worth it to replace the cover of a $250 item? Depends, I guess.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS