any rumours about other products?

Answered (Verified) Verified Answer

Chris Townsend
Top 50 Contributor
Corbridge, UK
2,954 Posts
Gold Member
Esax:

My dealer said the new oled tv should have a price reduction of about 30% against avant. And a new speaker with beolab 90 technology coming in at 50% above beolab 5.

I heard exactly the same thing. The LGs will be surprisingly better value for money than current sets.....relatively Yes - thumbs up

Beovision 7-55 Mk2, Avant RF 28, Beolab 5,  Beolit 15,  Beoplay A1/A2, Beocom 2, Beotime, H3 ANC/H8/H6/H2, Form 2, Beoplay A3, Beovision 5-42 connected to a DVD1

All Replies

moxxey
Top 25 Contributor
South West, UK
4,174 Posts
Bronze Member
moxxey replied on Mon, Feb 13 2017 11:46 AM

Aussie Michael:

Any rumours of when the BS1 and BS2 will come in a variety of different colours?

The BS2 isn't even out in the brass yet Michael :)

koning
Top 25 Contributor
holland
3,948 Posts
Bronze Member
koning replied on Mon, Feb 13 2017 2:45 PM

No new beosounds??

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
9,142 Posts
Bronze Member

They just launched two!

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

Chris Townsend
Top 50 Contributor
Corbridge, UK
2,954 Posts
Gold Member
moxxey:

30% is still a lot Chris. The Avant 75 is something like £15,000!

Not sure he was talking about the big screens to be honest. We are moving in may/June time to slightly smaller house, so HMS 7-55 would look out of place.

Beovision 7-55 Mk2, Avant RF 28, Beolab 5,  Beolit 15,  Beoplay A1/A2, Beocom 2, Beotime, H3 ANC/H8/H6/H2, Form 2, Beoplay A3, Beovision 5-42 connected to a DVD1

moxxey
Top 25 Contributor
South West, UK
4,174 Posts
Bronze Member
moxxey replied on Mon, Feb 13 2017 3:27 PM

Chris Townsend:
[Not sure he was talking about the big screens to be honest. We are moving in may/June time to slightly smaller house, so HMS 7-55 would look out of place.

I'm not sure it's worth having OLED in less than a 55"? Even my BV11-40 in SD looks as good (in SD) as my BV12-65 does showing HD. You don't really need OLED if you wanted, say, a 40" panel. Just overkill.

Besides, I don't see OLED TVs smaller than 55" (http://www.lg.com/uk/oled-tvs)? The are all 55/65/75. If the TVs don't exist, B&O can't make them. With that in mind, any OLED B&O is going to compete more against the Avant than the Horizon.

Sandyb
Top 150 Contributor
371 Posts
Bronze Member
Sandyb replied on Mon, Feb 13 2017 5:08 PM

yes definitely new speakers to replace the BL5....think they're called the BL45s....uses some of the same technology as in the BL90,supposed to be around 30K.......apparently also some enhancements to the multi-room functionality, ability to set more complex scenarios, for example the ability to set the TV and sound system to come on and off and programmed times / intervals.....what i was told anyway, dont shoot the messenger......

Sandyb
Top 150 Contributor
371 Posts
Bronze Member
Sandyb replied on Mon, Feb 13 2017 5:11 PM

i think a key factor will also be the upscaling.....much as the LG's were very well reviewed, from looking at regular SD and HD content on the E6, the high end Sony's and Panasonic's did a slightly better job in that regard......awesome with 4K/HDR of course......

Mr 10Percent
Top 200 Contributor
Way Out West
244 Posts
Bronze Member

Sandyb:

yes definitely new speakers to replace the BL5....think they're called the BL45s....uses some of the same technology as in the BL90,supposed to be around 30K.......apparently also some enhancements to the multi-room functionality, ability to set more complex scenarios, for example the ability to set the TV and sound system to come on and off and programmed times / intervals.....what i was told anyway, dont shoot the messenger......

I'd be really surprised if they did this. I mean, allegedly, the BL5s sold but not in huge numbers. Making something in the GBP20-30k and more costly than the BL5's......... It is a very competitive market.

So while the rest of you speculate on the technicals of LG OLEDS which will be enabled on a new Beovision (but not HDR1.1 or 1.3 and thus immediately useless and out of date whereas Argos is doing the latest hottest tech at GBP299), I'll have a punt and suggest that if there is a BL90 trickle-down product, I'll bet it looks something like this......

moxxey
Top 25 Contributor
South West, UK
4,174 Posts
Bronze Member
moxxey replied on Mon, Feb 13 2017 6:08 PM

Mr 10Percent:

So while the rest of you speculate on the technicals of LG OLEDS which will be enabled on a new Beovision (but not HDR1.1 or 1.3 and thus immediately useless

I disagree with this. I think we'll see a change with these OLED TVs. They are going to be much more "LG" than we realise, I think. They'll use a lot of their technology and B&O will focus on improving the picture processing and sound system, plus a unique case. But the innards, software/OS and connections will be all LG and whatever LG supports.

I think B&O learned a lesson with the Horizon and BV14. They won't make the same mistake with these LG-partnered OLED TVs.

Chris Townsend
Top 50 Contributor
Corbridge, UK
2,954 Posts
Gold Member
Agreed 100%

mr_anders_son
Top 50 Contributor
sweden
1,457 Posts
Founder
moxxey:

I disagree with this. I think we'll see a change with these OLED TVs. They are going to be much more "LG" than we realise, I think. They'll use a lot of their technology and B&O will focus on improving the picture processing and sound system, plus a unique case. But the innards, software/OS and connections will be all LG and whatever LG supports.

I think B&O learned a lesson with the Horizon and BV14. They won't make the same mistake with these LG-partnered OLED TVs.

So how we know that a LG based BV will be better than BV14??

BeoVision 14-55 oak...BeoLab 8002 as FRONT....BeoLab 4000 as REAR....BL19 SUB copper 90's edt....BV5 2xHDMI....BV7-32 MK3....BC6-26....Beosound 9000....BeoRemote One BT....Beo6....Beo4....Beo4 Cinema....BeoLink 7000....Serene....H8....H6 90´s Rose Gold edt....Form 1....U70...A2 Black Copper Special Edt

Sandyb
Top 150 Contributor
371 Posts
Bronze Member
Sandyb replied on Mon, Feb 13 2017 8:47 PM
Of course no one knows for sure, but an LG OLED panel is generally regarded as better more modern technology than the panel in the BV14......I'm not biased against the 14, I have one and the picture quality has become really good after the software update.....whether the new TVs have a nice design like the 11 /14 we will have to wait and see
Sandyb
Top 150 Contributor
371 Posts
Bronze Member
Sandyb replied on Mon, Feb 13 2017 8:50 PM
Yes that's a high price (30k), but that's what is coming from what I was told.....
mr_anders_son
Top 50 Contributor
sweden
1,457 Posts
Founder

Sandyb:
Of course no one knows for sure, but an LG OLED panel is generally regarded as better more modern technology than the panel in the BV14......I'm not biased against the 14, I have one and the picture quality has become really good after the software update.....whether the new TVs have a nice design like the 11 /14 we will have to wait and see

But I am talking about the system not the panel. The problem is the platform between B&O and Android.

I dont see why that will be better with LGs platform!?

BeoVision 14-55 oak...BeoLab 8002 as FRONT....BeoLab 4000 as REAR....BL19 SUB copper 90's edt....BV5 2xHDMI....BV7-32 MK3....BC6-26....Beosound 9000....BeoRemote One BT....Beo6....Beo4....Beo4 Cinema....BeoLink 7000....Serene....H8....H6 90´s Rose Gold edt....Form 1....U70...A2 Black Copper Special Edt

Sandyb
Top 150 Contributor
371 Posts
Bronze Member
Sandyb replied on Mon, Feb 13 2017 10:20 PM

Yes, very fair point.......though webOS has in general been well reviewed, whereas Android TV, even on other brands (Sony) has always been seen as not mature / buggy........though i expect Android TV to improve...........but yes, there are many aspects to get right (design, audio, picture quality, interface etc), so there's plenty of scope for the very highest expectations to be disappointed......

Page 2 of 4 (60 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next > | RSS