Registering BeoCom 6000

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 5 Replies | 2 Followers

londonman
Not Ranked
3 Posts
Bronze Member
londonman posted on Fri, Feb 10 2017 9:08 AM

I wanted to change the handset name on my elderly BeoCom 6000 and so reset the handset.  Now I cannot register it to the base. It tries...Search Base but then ends up saying Not registered.

All the searches I come up with regarding this issue always talk about hitting a reset button.  However I do not have a reset button on either the base that the handset sits in (No button in between the power pins) or on the actual base station that connects to the phone line.  

Would be very grateful for any help or suggestions.

I get a No Signal message on the handset.  Has the phone line base station failed ?

TIA

All Replies

beowild
Top 500 Contributor
48 Posts
Silver Member

Hi Tia

Just disconnect the basestation for two minutes from the mains. After reconnecting, the BeoCom 6000 can register to the base.

By the way you possibly don't have to reset the handset to change its name but i don't have the manual at hand.

Good luck

David

londonman
Not Ranked
3 Posts
Bronze Member

Hi David

Many thanks for the quick reply.

That was one of the recommendations I found during my search but tried it without success.

"Not registered.  No signal"

I'm wondering if the phone line base end has died. 

Guy
Top 75 Contributor
Bucharest, Romania
903 Posts
Gold Member
Guy replied on Fri, Feb 10 2017 11:01 AM

If it's an early (Mk1) Beocom 6000 then the handset is more likely to fail than the base.  There's a known fault with the RF chip and it is not repairable (unless you replace the motherboard).

However, Beocom 6000 can be temperamental, so persevere - you may have to try several times before you can get it to connect.

From your description it seems that the 'base that the handset sits in' is simply a charging base, so there can be no issues with that.  What type of 'phone line base station' do you have?  Is it the older PSTN, like this: https://www.beoworld.org/prod_details.asp?pid=1234???

londonman
Not Ranked
3 Posts
Bronze Member

Hi Guy, you're spot on. It is the older one that you linked to.

Any idea as to how to prove the motherboard is OK ?  Or are they available as a spare ? (an optimistic question!)

Guy
Top 75 Contributor
Bucharest, Romania
903 Posts
Gold Member
Guy replied on Fri, Feb 10 2017 11:17 AM

With that PSTN there is a hole (or is it a button) in the back:

Anyway, press and hold for at least 4 seconds to open the base for handset registration.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS