rated by 0 users
Answered (Verified) This post has 1 verified answer | 279 Replies | 8 Followers

andersenpost
Not Ranked
18 Posts
Bronze Member
andersenpost posted on Mon, Jan 2 2017 2:44 PM

Hi,

I have bought the beovision 14 55" 3 weeks ago - and i love it!

.. but some things is really bothering me:

1) after I added a HDD, then its not possible to get an alert when a specific tv-show is on - this due to that the new "record" option replaced to old "plan" option - can I get i back somehow?

2) The tv guide keeps crashing - do you know when the next software upgrade is planned?

3) Chromecast streaming keeps crashing - it worked smoothly on my old beo11

4) when I power on my tv to radio it often turns on normal tv and vice versa - have you experienced the same?

5) can I add spotify as an option directly on the remote?

thx

Answered (Verified) Verified Answer

BartS
Top 500 Contributor
87 Posts
Bronze Member
Answered (Verified) BartS replied on Fri, Jul 14 2017 10:25 AM
Verified by frank50

Thanks! Let's  hope it is not delayed again.

All Replies

Chris Townsend
Top 50 Contributor
Badsey, UK
3,079 Posts
Gold Member
Sandyb:

are Android phones this unstable ?

They used to be. My S7 Edge is by a large margin the best phone I've ever used. The software is much more simple and stable now.

Can any of these programmes just be deleted?

Beovision 7-55 Mk2, Avant RF 28, Beolab 5,  Beolit 15,  Beoplay A1/A2, Beocom 2, Beotime, H3 ANC/H8/H6/H2, Form 2, Beoplay A3, Beovision 5-42 connected to a DVD1

moxxey
Top 25 Contributor
South West, UK
4,412 Posts
Bronze Member

Seanie_230:

How this can be such a mess is beyond me.

It is a mess - but they've been there before. BV7-40 SW issues.

My local dealer told me not to go near the BV14 until the next major software update at the earliest. A B&O dealer, warning a customer not to buy one of the products in the range! How crazy is that? But good to hear their honesty.

peterafox
Not Ranked
32 Posts
Bronze Member
The Android TV remote app works and gives you voice search capability as well.
Sandyb
Top 100 Contributor
690 Posts
Bronze Member

its interesting that, on the BV14 at least, if you look into the Android settings on the TV, there are an enormous number of apps open and running......npot sure exactly how significant that is, but many of them seem utterly irrelevant (judging by their names).........

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
9,816 Posts
Bronze Member

Just by interest - can you run these BV's without having a Google account?

Can you delete app's without the account.

How far 'google-free' can they be used?

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

BAND'OH!
Top 150 Contributor
501 Posts
Bronze Member

moxxey:

Seanie_230:

How this can be such a mess is beyond me.

It is a mess - but they've been there before. BV7-40 SW issues.

My local dealer told me not to go near the BV14 until the next major software update at the earliest. A B&O dealer, warning a customer not to buy one of the products in the range! How crazy is that? But good to hear their honesty.

LOL! I had exactly the same thing said to me Chris by a different dealer in a "not too distant land" from our happy neighbourhood!!! It is quite bizarre I agree.

BartS
Top 500 Contributor
87 Posts
Bronze Member
BartS replied on Wed, Feb 8 2017 6:13 AM

Millemissen:

Just by interest - can you run these BV's without having a Google account?

Can you delete app's without the account.

How far 'google-free' can they be used?

MM

You do not have to login on a Google account to use the BV's. I think Androïd is to "deep" in the system and that deleting system apps (if possible) will cause even more problems. Not only Android is the problem. The audio engine - which is B&O as far as I am aware of - also has bugs.

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
9,816 Posts
Bronze Member

Thanks BartS

Just thinking how far can you go without Google - and if deleting apps would help.

But you are probably right - it is the integration of the AdroidTV engine and the B&O elements (including the audio engine) that is the problem.

I fear that they - with the LG/B&O tv's just around the corner - will never succeed in repairing this 'freak'!

MM

TWG
Top 75 Contributor
1,149 Posts
Gold Member
TWG replied on Wed, Feb 8 2017 11:36 AM

B&O just dressed up a chinese crap platform... sorry to say that, but the only "innovation" is the wood front, the rest is a big step down. If it was the original Hisense TV it would be okay, but not with the Bang & Olufsen text on the device.

Bang & Olufsen takes us customers for a ride with these devices! That shows the decision quality of the top management, too. Yes, hate me for that, but it's true. I love Bang & Olufsen but it hurts to see what they are doing and how lousy...

I should stockpile another few Beovision 11 as a backup if my TV dies some day. Smile

ThatGuyFromDenmark
Not Ranked
46 Posts
Bronze Member

While the problem are annoying (I have them myself), your analysis is too simple to be useful.

You are ignoring the picture processing engine, the sound configuration, the integration to other products and the other stuff that also goes into a B&O television.

Some elements are lacking and it is disappointing that a TV with so fundamental problems was released, nobody is disagreeing on that. But to say they just dressed up a Chinese TV is ignorant at best.

Guy
Top 75 Contributor
Bucharest, Romania
1,115 Posts
Gold Member
Guy replied on Wed, Feb 8 2017 12:49 PM

ThatGuyFromDenmark:

While the problem are annoying (I have them myself), your analysis is too simple to be useful.

As a (former) prospective purchaser, I find it very useful!

TWG
Top 75 Contributor
1,149 Posts
Gold Member
TWG replied on Wed, Feb 8 2017 1:09 PM

ThatGuyFromDenmark:

You are ignoring the picture processing engine, the sound configuration, the integration to other products and the other stuff that also goes into a B&O television.

Some elements are lacking and it is disappointing that a TV with so fundamental problems was released, nobody is disagreeing on that. But to say they just dressed up a Chinese TV is ignorant at best.

That may fit to older Beovisions but not for this silly Android platform. According to some infos on the forum it is based on a chinese manufactures platform.

You can't build a great high standard house when the foundation is lousy. That's what B&O tried here with this cheapo thingy. I'm glad to read about the issues here, it just confirms, that it still is a wise decision to better buy a Beovision 11 or the Avant.

The perfomance of the Beovision 14 (and some other B&O products) is inacceptable. If it was sold for e.g. 2000 Euro okay, than it would be just okay and the typical issues of nowadays crappy cheapo products, but if you adorn yourself with buzzwords like luxury, high quality craftsmanship, high end etc. you HAVE to deliver to be taken serious.
They've clearly lost the track and they seem to work very hard to convince people "Oh yes, Bang & Olufsen, isn't this the overpriced designer stuff that sucks and only looks good?". I don' think that this is the right way a reputation should be targeted at...

For all Beovision 14 customers I hope that B&O will fix it to have them satisfied with their purchases!

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
9,816 Posts
Bronze Member

ThatGuyFromDenmark:

I agree with you on that.

The biggest problem, that I see, is that the guys in Struer already must be deeply involved in the getting the new (LG/B&O-) tv working.

How much time will these few guys have to 'repair' the current platform?

Some of them are still (and thanks for that) working on the BV11 etc platform.

My guess - after the big update in March we won't see much work on the AndroidTV platform (?).

Hopefuly that update will be sufficient for those to be ok.

MM

ThatGuyFromDenmark
Not Ranked
46 Posts
Bronze Member

Guy:

As a (former) prospective purchaser, I find it very useful!

I hope your analysis is not based on his opening statement that B&O is basically rebranded Chinese televisions. That would be far from the truth.

Michael
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
1,955 Posts
Bronze Member
ThatGuyFromDenmark:

I hope your analysis is not based on his opening statement that B&O is basically rebranded Chinese televisions. That would be far from the truth.

Software wise it actually seems true. The Chinese sets usually work.
Page 5 of 19 (280 items) « First ... < Previous 3 4 5 6 7 Next > ... Last » | RSS