rated by 0 users
Answered (Verified) This post has 1 verified answer | 279 Replies | 8 Followers

andersenpost
Not Ranked
18 Posts
Bronze Member
andersenpost posted on Mon, Jan 2 2017 2:44 PM

Hi,

I have bought the beovision 14 55" 3 weeks ago - and i love it!

.. but some things is really bothering me:

1) after I added a HDD, then its not possible to get an alert when a specific tv-show is on - this due to that the new "record" option replaced to old "plan" option - can I get i back somehow?

2) The tv guide keeps crashing - do you know when the next software upgrade is planned?

3) Chromecast streaming keeps crashing - it worked smoothly on my old beo11

4) when I power on my tv to radio it often turns on normal tv and vice versa - have you experienced the same?

5) can I add spotify as an option directly on the remote?

thx

Answered (Verified) Verified Answer

BartS
Top 500 Contributor
87 Posts
Bronze Member
Answered (Verified) BartS replied on Fri, Jul 14 2017 10:25 AM
Verified by frank50

Thanks! Let's  hope it is not delayed again.

All Replies

Alexwebb
Not Ranked
20 Posts
Bronze Member

Update went smoothly on my 14. Picture seems sharper. 

Not aware of any bass issues with the TV speakers. 

What are the symptoms? 

kuyttendaele
Top 200 Contributor
323 Posts
Founder

BL8000 & BL11 connected to the TV.

Have 2 speaker groups. Start-up and Audio.

Start-up: "surround", all speakers configured

Audio: "stereo" only BL8000 and BL11; internal speakers disabled; used for radio, BeoGram and Apple TV music streaming.

When switching to Audio through the remote the music sound flat; lack of bass; only when selecting the Audio speaker group a second time the bass kicks in.

Will need to do testing for the Start-up group this weekend.

Karel.

BartS
Top 500 Contributor
87 Posts
Bronze Member
BartS replied on Wed, Feb 1 2017 10:33 AM

Combination BL 8000 & Beolab 11. The bass management settings in the speaker menu are switched off every time the BV is switched on. The Beovision does not remember its settings. You have to dig deep into the speaker menu and activate the bass management settings again and again.

I can also subscribe the remark by Kuyttendaele about having to press a speaker setting on the remote twice to add bass to the sound. 

andersenpost
Not Ranked
18 Posts
Bronze Member

One thing I still missing is this:

1) after I added a HDD, then its not possible to get an alert when a specific tv-show is on - this due to that the new "record" option replaced to old "plan" option - can I get i back somehow?

Can you guys help me with a trick or?

Sandyb
Top 100 Contributor
690 Posts
Bronze Member

tentative thumbs up so far....managed to connect matrix properly now, and control all sources...hooray!

seem to be able to add apps (BBC iPlayer) to one of the my buttons...which i think is new......

i'll postpone judgement re stability for another week or so.......but so far, ok....

ThatGuyFromDenmark
Not Ranked
46 Posts
Bronze Member

Hope it's okay for me to ask a question related to the software, even if I have a Horizon and not a BV14.

Question is about brightness: I can specify a brightness on each Picture Source, plus I can specify a brightness with the Picture Mode. Let's say I set brightness for HDMI1 as 10, while brightness for Movie Mode is 45.

What happens if I select source as HDMI1 and put the picture mode as movie? Which setting wins?

Anybody else have problems that room adaption does not work in the new software update?

phirstpro
Not Ranked
40 Posts
Bronze Member

Sandyb:

tentative thumbs up so far....managed to connect matrix properly now, and control all sources...hooray!

seem to be able to add apps (BBC iPlayer) to one of the my buttons...which i think is new......

i'll postpone judgement re stability for another week or so.......but so far, ok....

Is it still going well?  I've had good days and bad days.  Some of the old issues still there, like switching itself on and pop up banners. Also had a couple of complete lockouts! Getting really disgruntled now. 

Has as anyone managed to get the BeoRemote app working?  All I get is "No Bang and Olufsen products detected on this network" even though they are on the very same network! Once I get that message I cannot get past that screen.  

mr_anders_son
Top 50 Contributor
sweden
1,488 Posts
Bronze Member
phirstpro:

Is it still going well? I've had good days and bad days. Some of the old issues still there, like switching itself on and pop up banners. Also had a couple of complete lockouts! Getting really disgruntled now.

Has as anyone managed to get the BeoRemote app working? All I get is "No Bang and Olufsen products detected on this network" even though they are on the very same network! Once I get that message I cannot get past that screen.

Beoremote is not supported at this moment!

BeoVision 14-55 oak...BeoLab 8002 as FRONT....BeoLab 4000 as REAR....BL19 SUB copper 90's edt....BV5 2xHDMI....BV7-32 MK3....BC6-26....Beosound 9000....BeoRemote One BT....Beo6....Beo4....Beo4 Cinema....BeoLink 7000....Serene....H8....H6 90´s Rose Gold edt....Form 1....U70...A2 Black Copper Special Edt

Sandyb
Top 100 Contributor
690 Posts
Bronze Member
I was advised to power off from the mains for 45 minutes in order to clear the caches....that certainly has improved stability though it's not perfect and I suspect the same issues will recur......I don't think the TV can be seen by the app yet, that's due in the next update
koning
Top 25 Contributor
holland
3,995 Posts
Bronze Member

Maybe they have to re-write the sw too...

This is really really bad!

Michael
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
1,955 Posts
Bronze Member
I'm so confused by this move to android.
Sandyb
Top 100 Contributor
690 Posts
Bronze Member

are Android phones this unstable ?

phirstpro
Not Ranked
40 Posts
Bronze Member

Hi guys and thank you for your response.  

I was also told to power down for at least 45 minutes.  It was after that things started to really wrong! I had to reboot 5 times (completely locked out)  and reboot the remote in order to get control again.  During the reboot I got all sorts of error messages. It seems to be ok now and has been for the last two nights. Here's hoping! 

I was was told by dealer that BeoRemote would work after this update, I guess not.

Seanie_230
Top 50 Contributor
UK
1,897 Posts
Gold Member
phirstpro:

Hi guys and thank you for your response.

I was also told to power down for at least 45 minutes. It was after that things started to really wrong! I had to reboot 5 times (completely locked out) and reboot the remote in order to get control again. During the reboot I got all sorts of error messages. It seems to be ok now and has been for the last two nights. Here's hoping!

I was was told by dealer that BeoRemote would work after this update, I guess not.

As much as I love and adore this brand I think you need to demand a refund. Selling a TV that is not fit for purpose is wrong to loyal customers. In fact I think all users with issues should demand refunds.

I would demand a loan TV that is working until the current range is fixed fully.

How this can be such a mess is beyond me.

I am on the Beta team for the BLGW and new Beolink App and the software development is amazing and working well.

The moment Beta team reports great things too which means it can be done and done properly.

Some heavy and expensive urgent resolutions must be required or a product recall.

If these were cars not working they would be dropped at the fourcourt and a fix demanded.

BLGW - Rekindling the love of ML

Sandyb:

are Android phones this unstable ?

When Sony switched a Android the TV's also became very buggy an unstable.

--

BeoLab 18's. Beolab 3's. A8. A9. A2. H7.

Page 4 of 19 (280 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6 Next > ... Last » | RSS