rated by 0 users
Answered (Verified) This post has 1 verified answer | 279 Replies | 8 Followers

andersenpost
Not Ranked
18 Posts
Bronze Member
andersenpost posted on Mon, Jan 2 2017 2:44 PM

Hi,

I have bought the beovision 14 55" 3 weeks ago - and i love it!

.. but some things is really bothering me:

1) after I added a HDD, then its not possible to get an alert when a specific tv-show is on - this due to that the new "record" option replaced to old "plan" option - can I get i back somehow?

2) The tv guide keeps crashing - do you know when the next software upgrade is planned?

3) Chromecast streaming keeps crashing - it worked smoothly on my old beo11

4) when I power on my tv to radio it often turns on normal tv and vice versa - have you experienced the same?

5) can I add spotify as an option directly on the remote?

thx

Answered (Verified) Verified Answer

BartS
Top 500 Contributor
87 Posts
Bronze Member
Answered (Verified) BartS replied on Fri, Jul 14 2017 10:25 AM
Verified by frank50

Thanks! Let's  hope it is not delayed again.

All Replies

9 LEE
Top 10 Contributor
Eastbourne, UK
6,688 Posts
Founder
9 LEE replied on Thu, Jul 20 2017 12:34 AM

w5bno123:

How do you know this? This has to be the best BeoVision that I have ever heard. The sound stage smashes any of the current range of B&O TVs out of the water.

... which is what he said.  An LG panel, LG software, and B&O speakers underneath.

I've heard nothing but rave reviews about the sound from the Eclipse, so this is without question it seems - but the panel and software appear to be pure LG, with no B&O 'tweaking' at all...

Barry Santini
Top 150 Contributor
New York
402 Posts
Bronze Member
9 LEE:

... which is what he said. An LG panel, LG software, and B&O speakers underneath.

I've heard nothing but rave reviews about the sound from the Eclipse, so this is without question it seems - but the panel and software appear to be pure LG, with no B&O 'tweaking' at all...

The analogue domain in the age of the original Avant lent itself to tweaking.

Mass produced panels by quality manufacturers do not. The sophisticated preference menus now take care of everything nicely.

B

BAND'OH!
Top 150 Contributor
501 Posts
Bronze Member

mr_anders_son:
All I can say it is a LG set with B&O shelf...notining more or less...sadly...

So who is going to buy it then? I won't buy something like this unless the price is directly equivalent for the LG/competitor equivalent, which it won't be. If I am to pay extra, what exactly 'is' the extra I am paying for? Linking to other products? No - I've now sold every B&O product I own apart from a few Play products here and there; better picture quality? No - unlikely from what I am reading on this forum; better sound quality? Yes - probably, but I am now living in another home, which is too small for sound reproduction to be relevant; a new chassis or shape? No - well perhaps if a couple of hundred more but that's all I'd pay, tops. It seems I am no longer the typical B&O customer. However, I can't help but wonder who is? What's left... a different remote, products plagued with software issues and reports of appalling customer services from a company that doesn't care or respond to its loyal customers? That doesn't interest me.

Maybe it's not B&Os fault. Perhaps this is simply the modern era and a technological sign of the times. I don't desire or require B&O as I once did - not deliberately, but just nothing that makes them different or stand out from the crowd anymore. The competition is just as good and in many ways better. My new TV will be the Sony A1. Just renovating the new property first. B&O was always attractive to me because of the whole package you bought into - it was so much more than just buying a product. I liked and valued the relationship I had with my local dealer and the overall customer service I received from B&O; I felt special. B&O has sadly changed its ways. I can't and won't ever buy into a company that doesn't value its customers. I am sad for B&O. It doesn't affect me as I will simply buy different products, there's plenty of them. I do pity B&O though for losing what they once were. I can only put it down to greed, which like so many others in this day and age, they bring on themselves. When will businesses realise that you never buy a product, you always buy the person/company/service? I always thought B&O understood this. Simon.

BeoGreg
Top 75 Contributor
South of France
1,302 Posts
Gold Member
Just read a review about the 2016 Loewe bild 7. Some posters are complaining because it's outrageously 500 € more expensive than the LG equivalent (+ 900 € for a motorised stand).

It seems that the Eclipse will be (I hope not and it musn't to be sold) around 5.000 € more expensive than the Loewe/LG.

500 € (more) for the Loewe with good design, built quality, sound, integrated hdd, good remote, made in Germany vs 5.000 € ?

Price aside, if the LG platform is good (should better than Android !) what's the problem ?

The Oled picture is superb and now we know the sound will be the best ever.

Will have Puc for sure, multiroom certainly, contrast screen, room compensation, motorised stand and a Beoremote.

It's good for me.

Let's wait and see and hear.
Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
9,824 Posts
Bronze Member

Rumoured - from a rather reliable source - price in Denmark for the BV Eciplse 55" is DKK. 63.000.

Which is even cheaper than the Loewe Bild 9 55" (at DKK 64.999).

Think of the Eclipse as a big NL-AudioSystem with an (LG)OLED screen ;-)))

Lots of placement option, also.

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

badgersurf
Top 150 Contributor
494 Posts
Gold Member

But will it have the electronic curtains

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
9,824 Posts
Bronze Member

Good question!

I sure hope it will - but why not?

MM

benoit
Top 150 Contributor
North East France
580 Posts
Bronze Member
benoit replied on Thu, Jul 20 2017 10:33 AM

badgersurf:

But will it have the electronic curtains

Why not? Loewe has it for switching off.

Aussie Michael
Top 50 Contributor
Melbourne, AU
2,536 Posts
Bronze Member
Millemissen:

Think of the Eclipse as a big NL-AudioSystem with an (LG)OLED screen ;-)))

So same as a beovision avant then

With the avant you didn't need a audio system anymore
Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
9,824 Posts
Bronze Member

No, not quite!

With the new 'tv', you will have AirPlay (audio - probably AirPlay 2?), ChromeCast Audio, Bluetooth audio, Spotify Connect.......which was not possible per default via the Avant.

Basicly what you have in any new NL Sound System from B&O - plus hopefully some more connection possibilities.

MM

mbee
Top 50 Contributor
Paris, France
1,544 Posts
Bronze Member
mbee replied on Sun, Jul 23 2017 1:04 PM

Millemissen:
Rumoured - from a rather reliable source - price in Denmark for the BV Eciplse 55" is DKK. 63.000.

I think there is a mistake : the LG "wallpaper" OLED is only available from 65"... At approx. 8k€. If your price is for a 65" Eclipse, it would mean that the Eclipse is only €500 more than the LG version... Which would be a very agressive pricing in B&O terms, considering you get a full NL audio system!

Sandyb
Top 100 Contributor
690 Posts
Bronze Member
Sandyb replied on Sun, Jul 23 2017 1:16 PM
Doubtful about pricing....the 55 inch BV14 is around 6500 pounds, the 55 Avant is around 8000, so the 55 Eclipse is likely to be in the same postcode......so I suspect you are about right....
benoit
Top 150 Contributor
North East France
580 Posts
Bronze Member
benoit replied on Sun, Jul 23 2017 1:37 PM

mbee:

Millemissen:

I think there is a mistake : the LG "wallpaper" OLED is only available from 65"... At approx. 8k€. If your price is for a 65" Eclipse, it would mean that the Eclipse is only €500 more than the LG version... Which would be a very agressive pricing in B&O terms, considering you get a full NL audio system!

Could it be the price for the screen only... You then have to buy the audio system for an extra 5-6000€

Sandyb
Top 100 Contributor
690 Posts
Bronze Member
Sandyb replied on Sun, Jul 23 2017 1:44 PM

Not sure that makes sense, for them to sell screens separately, as they will be integrated into / require the soundbar / speaker to work even at a basic level.....after all they are not making a panel with a speaker, and then also a soundbar, as two separate product releases........and as with the Avant and BV14, Horizon, the sound processing (BS4 engine) is integrated into the TV offering.....

AngloApulian
Top 500 Contributor
London, UK
75 Posts
Bronze Member
mbee:

diisign.com

Maybe it’s about time B&O started being a bit more aggressive with it’s pricing. There’s no reason why you can’t have both great build quality and more realistic pricing, a strategy that appears to be working for Loewe at the moment.
Page 17 of 19 (280 items) « First ... < Previous 15 16 17 18 19 Next > | RSS