rated by 0 users
Answered (Verified) This post has 1 verified answer | 279 Replies | 8 Followers

andersenpost
Not Ranked
18 Posts
Bronze Member
andersenpost posted on Mon, Jan 2 2017 2:44 PM

Hi,

I have bought the beovision 14 55" 3 weeks ago - and i love it!

.. but some things is really bothering me:

1) after I added a HDD, then its not possible to get an alert when a specific tv-show is on - this due to that the new "record" option replaced to old "plan" option - can I get i back somehow?

2) The tv guide keeps crashing - do you know when the next software upgrade is planned?

3) Chromecast streaming keeps crashing - it worked smoothly on my old beo11

4) when I power on my tv to radio it often turns on normal tv and vice versa - have you experienced the same?

5) can I add spotify as an option directly on the remote?

thx

Answered (Verified) Verified Answer

BartS
Top 500 Contributor
87 Posts
Bronze Member
Answered (Verified) BartS replied on Fri, Jul 14 2017 10:25 AM
Verified by frank50

Thanks! Let's  hope it is not delayed again.

All Replies

mr_anders_son
Top 50 Contributor
sweden
1,488 Posts
Bronze Member

September says my dealer....Cool

BeoVision 14-55 oak...BeoLab 8002 as FRONT....BeoLab 4000 as REAR....BL19 SUB copper 90's edt....BV5 2xHDMI....BV7-32 MK3....BC6-26....Beosound 9000....BeoRemote One BT....Beo6....Beo4....Beo4 Cinema....BeoLink 7000....Serene....H8....H6 90´s Rose Gold edt....Form 1....U70...A2 Black Copper Special Edt

BartS
Top 500 Contributor
87 Posts
Bronze Member
Answered (Verified) BartS replied on Fri, Jul 14 2017 10:25 AM
Verified by frank50

Thanks! Let's  hope it is not delayed again.

frank50
Not Ranked
1 Posts
Bronze Member

I purchased a Beovision 14 55" last December. I am now on my third set and STILL experiencing issues. The main problem is the remote, freezing, not scrolling or just packing up. This on top of messages popping up on the screen while trying to watch the tv such as "android TV not working" plus lots of other ones that I cant remember.

I am awaiting a FURTHER upgrade on the software, but I feel I am losing all confidence in B & O.

I have been a loyal customer for many many years, purchasing TVs, Hi Fi, and also specing B & Os in my cars. I know I am paying extra for the brand and the so called quality, but I feel my loyalty has been streched to braking point.

For a premium brand, this is not acceptable. 

Sandyb
Top 100 Contributor
690 Posts
Bronze Member
Answered (Not Verified) Sandyb replied on Tue, Jul 18 2017 4:15 PM
Suggested by Pocket

thing is, it is unlikely the TV set itself.....there may be specifics to your situation, but mine was changed at their suggestion, when i knew it was all software related, and lo and behold the new set had the same issues......just because B&O tell your dealer they will exchange the set, doesn't mean that is addressing the issue....

i switched mine eventually to an Avant 55 (not Android), and outside of the look of the BV14 which i love, i'm much happier.

The sound is more punchy, and i think picture doesn't suffer from the same motion blurring which hadn't been fixed on the 14 up to a couple of months ago when i did my exchange. I do not miss the native apps from the Android TV platform, as my Avant is fed from a matrix with a bunch of sources, but i can see of course how some want an all in one solution

The remote issues are a B&O thing, the Android pop-ups are an Android thing - the Sony forums have similar complaints.

Much as my 14 got much more stable and much of the initially missing functionality from October through to June, i took the opportunity of swapping for an ex-dsiplay Avant 55 and some money back, just to make life easier. Happy with the Avant 55, though doesn't compare to my 12-65 plasma.

Pocket
Not Ranked
2 Posts
Bronze Member
Pocket replied on Tue, Jul 18 2017 11:03 PM

I own a BV 14-55 since May. The TV runs together with a pair of BeoLab 18 & 19 subw. I must admit i have nothing to criticize. Impressive appearance when off like no other. Amazing picture quality. Haven't experienced any issues with too dark or artefacts. The sound is just amazing. The google android software which is included is crap. No Netflix, no Amazon prime. when I used TuneIn I get program suggestions and advertisements all the time. very annoying.  however I don't use google I use Apple TV new generation and a sky receiver. Both fully controllable with the Beoremote. Don't need anything else. Don't know why all this harsh criticism here. Works perfect in my home and I like a lot  !!!

9 LEE
Top 10 Contributor
Eastbourne, UK
6,688 Posts
Founder
9 LEE replied on Tue, Jul 18 2017 11:34 PM

Pocket:

The google android software which is included is crap...

You have just pinpointed the issue in one casual sentence. Laughing

The image quality is truly superb, as is the sound, as you say.  This is what B&O excel at - tweaking what someone else has produced. It's the economy of scale, they can't produce their own panels as it's not viable financially - and B&O have always worked this really, really well.

What worries me is the new TV's will be (basically) LG panels, LG chassis, with B&O speakers in a box attached...

Bang & Olufsen seem to have almost given up on TV's to concentrate on Loudspeakers.... and Play.  

Am I wrong?  Please correct me!

beolion
Top 200 Contributor
271 Posts
Bronze Member
Agree.

And often the TV sales also generated speaker sales, my concern is that they risk a double dip in sales with the new approach.

Difficult times ahead. Hopefully I am wrong.
AngloApulian
Top 500 Contributor
London, UK
75 Posts
Bronze Member
9 LEE:

What worries me is the new TV's will be (basically) LG panels, LG chassis, with B&O speakers in a box attached...

I don't think we know if they'll be using LGDisplay's standard OLED panels or if they have a similar deal as Loewe where LGDisplay manufacture custom versions of their OLED panels to certain specs requested by Loewe for their Bild7 model for example which provide a slightly better picture quality than LG's standard OLED panels.

I guess we'll find out soon enough Smile
9 LEE
Top 10 Contributor
Eastbourne, UK
6,688 Posts
Founder
9 LEE replied on Wed, Jul 19 2017 10:06 AM

As far as I'm aware, B&O (and Loewe, actually) are simply specifying only 'A-Grade' panels from LG, the same as always.

However, there is to be none of the 'tweaking and B&O magic' behind the panel. It's all LG processing.

The only thing which is B&O is the 'cabinet' and the sound then..  I hope I'm wrong, but I've been told this a few times now.

Lee

Chris Townsend
Top 50 Contributor
Badsey, UK
3,080 Posts
Gold Member
frank50:

I purchased a Beovision 14 55" last December. I am now on my third set and STILL experiencing issues. The main problem is the remote, freezing, not scrolling or just packing up. This on top of messages popping up on the screen while trying to watch the tv such as "android TV not working" plus lots of other ones that I cant remember.

I am awaiting a FURTHER upgrade on the software, but I feel I am losing all confidence in B & O.

I have been a loyal customer for many many years, purchasing TVs, Hi Fi, and also specing B & Os in my cars. I know I am paying extra for the brand and the so called quality, but I feel my loyalty has been streched to braking point.

For a premium brand, this is not acceptable.

I don't know how you lot put up with it, I really don't.

Our 15 year old 5-42 turns on, and off. That's it. All the smart stuff is done by smart boxes. Loosing faith or interest in most of the new stuffErm..

Beovision 7-55 Mk2, Avant RF 28, Beolab 5,  Beolit 15,  Beoplay A1/A2, Beocom 2, Beotime, H3 ANC/H8/H6/H2, Form 2, Beoplay A3, Beovision 5-42 connected to a DVD1

Sandyb
Top 100 Contributor
690 Posts
Bronze Member
Sandyb replied on Wed, Jul 19 2017 10:27 AM
I didn't, I swapped mine for a non Android Avant....had to get the poison of Android out of my house.....given that webOS seems to have few issues, hope it's not too much of a stretch to assume the upcoming B&O OLEDs are just stable out of the box....should be, if LG are doing most of the software ...
Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
9,824 Posts
Bronze Member

9 LEE:

As far as I'm aware, B&O (and Loewe, actually) are simply specifying only 'A-Grade' panels from LG, the same as always.

However, there is to be none of the 'tweaking and B&O magic' behind the panel. It's all LG processing.

The only thing which is B&O is the 'cabinet' and the sound then..  I hope I'm wrong, but I've been told this a few times now.

Lee

People tend to talk 'picture' (LG) and 'sound' (B&O).

But as we all know a great part of what we like of a BeoVision is - and has always been - the way we control it, the way we interact with picture and sound sources and the settings on the set.

The user interface the on screen and the physical remote (as well as the app) have always been something unique with the BeoVisions.

Apart from the question of leaving the picture part to LG (and the pros and cons of this) I find it much more interesting how we are going to control this conglomerate of the two worlds (LG and B&O).

Will we recognize the user interface, will we have a BeoRemote 'as we are used to'? How will this tv interact with the other (NL) products from B&O, that we have at home? What about PUC-controlling of 3rd party devices?

This is a software-thing - and something that LG surely won't and can't provide. This has to come from B&O!

The new BV must come not just a combination of a LG picture part and a B&O sound part - it must provide the feeling of being a BeoVision, when we use it in our daily life.

I wonder how they are going to solve this?  I am very excided not just to see and hear the BV Eclipse, but to use it, navigate, interact with it, live with it.

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

mr_anders_son
Top 50 Contributor
sweden
1,488 Posts
Bronze Member
Millemissen:

People tend to talk 'picture' (LG) and 'sound' (B&O).

But as we all know a great part of what we like of a BeoVision is - and has always been - the way we control it, the way we interact with picture and sound sources and the settings on the set.

The user interface the on screen and the physical remote (as well as the app) have always been something unique with the BeoVisions.

Apart from the question of leaving the picture part to LG (and the pros and cons of this) I find it much more interesting how we are going to control this conglomerate of the two worlds (LG and B&O).

Will we recognize the user interface, will we have a BeoRemote 'as we are used to'? How will this tv interact with the other (NL) products from B&O, that we have at home? What about PUC-controlling of 3rd party devices?

This is a software-thing - and something that LG surely won't and can't provide. This has to come from B&O!

The new BV must come not just a combination of a LG picture part and a B&O sound part - it must provide the feeling of being a BeoVision, when we use it in our daily life.

I wonder how they are going to solve this? I am very excided not just to see and hear the BV Eclipse, but to use it, navigate, interact with it, live with it.

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

All I can say it is a LG set with B&O shelf...notining more or less...sadly...

BeoVision 14-55 oak...BeoLab 8002 as FRONT....BeoLab 4000 as REAR....BL19 SUB copper 90's edt....BV5 2xHDMI....BV7-32 MK3....BC6-26....Beosound 9000....BeoRemote One BT....Beo6....Beo4....Beo4 Cinema....BeoLink 7000....Serene....H8....H6 90´s Rose Gold edt....Form 1....U70...A2 Black Copper Special Edt

KMA
Top 150 Contributor
491 Posts
Gold Member
KMA replied on Wed, Jul 19 2017 11:28 PM
mr_anders_son:

All I can say it is a LG set with B&O shelf...notining more or less...sadly...

Oh, bugger Sad

Still hoping for some B&O magic to justify the Eclipse's rumored price compared to LG W7 or Loewe Bild 7.

KMA

B&O product history since 1991: Ridiculously long to list in a signature.

w5bno123
Top 150 Contributor
London
374 Posts
Bronze Member
w5bno123 replied on Wed, Jul 19 2017 11:41 PM
mr_anders_son:

All I can say it is a LG set with B&O shelf...notining more or less...sadly... BeoVision 14-55 oak...BeoLab 8002 as FRONT....BeoLab 4000 as REAR....BL19 SUB copper 90's edt....BV5 2xHDMI....BV7-32 MK3....BC6-26....Beosound 9000....BeoRemote One BT....Beo6....Beo4....Beo4 Cinema....BeoLink 7000....Serene....H8....H6 90´s Rose Gold edt....Form 1....U70...A2 Black Copper Special Edt

How do you know this? This has to be the best BeoVision that I have ever heard. The sound stage smashes any of the current range of B&O TVs out of the water.
Page 16 of 19 (280 items) « First ... < Previous 14 15 16 17 18 Next > ... Last » | RSS