Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Click here to tell us about your new email address

BeoPlay M5 ?

rated by 0 users
Answered (Verified) This post has 2 verified answers | 324 Replies | 9 Followers

benoit
Top 150 Contributor
North East France
540 Posts
Bronze Member
benoit posted on Tue, Dec 13 2016 9:35 PM

Does anyone know what kind of speaker it could be?

https://www.certipedia.com/companies/174322/product_certificates?locale=en

https://fccid.io/MSIP-RMM-BOA-BeoplayM5

Answered (Verified) Verified Answer

Fansastic
Top 500 Contributor
84 Posts
Bronze Member
Verified by benoit

Hiort
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
1,381 Posts
Gold Member
Answered (Verified) Hiort replied on Wed, Dec 28 2016 1:55 PM
Brigantinus:

My dealer is not very happy with the sound, he even didn't want to give a demonstration. And after a demonstration i can understand him. You can compare the sound with a radio clock (i think it is designed for that kind of use in the bedroom). If you have the space A6 ist much better.

In my ears definitely no "clock radio".

I was actually impressed.

I did not like the finish of the top plate, however.

All Replies

Brigantinus
Top 500 Contributor
121 Posts
Bronze Member

My dealer is not very happy with the sound, he even didn't want to give a demonstration. And after a demonstration i can understand him. You can compare the sound with a radio clock (i think it is designed for that kind of use in the bedroom). If you have the space A6 is much better.

Hiort
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
1,381 Posts
Gold Member
Answered (Verified) Hiort replied on Wed, Dec 28 2016 1:55 PM
Brigantinus:

My dealer is not very happy with the sound, he even didn't want to give a demonstration. And after a demonstration i can understand him. You can compare the sound with a radio clock (i think it is designed for that kind of use in the bedroom). If you have the space A6 ist much better.

I was actually impressed.

I did not like the finish of the top plate, however.

Simonbeo
Top 75 Contributor
1,242 Posts
Gold Member

A Kvadrat fabric dispenser?

Beo Century ,Beoplay V1, Beocenter 6, Ex-Beolit 12, Beotime , A8 , MX 5500 . Beolit 15 , Form 2i , Beolab 2000, Beoplay A3.

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
9,239 Posts
Bronze Member

Fansastic:

The M5 is for sale already at B&O dealer in Marbella. Saw a brown version and a silver version.

I am sure the guys in Struer, will be delighted to know that you just delievered the Marbella dealer as one (of those),

who will sell the M5.....before it is officially released ;-o

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
9,239 Posts
Bronze Member

Hiort:

Nor in my ears.

I think the 'wheely' actually fits well with it ;-)

MM

Hiort
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
1,381 Posts
Gold Member
Hiort replied on Wed, Dec 28 2016 2:43 PM
Millemissen:

Nor in my ears.

I think the 'wheely' actually fits well with it ;-)

MM

Thinks it's sensitive to where it is placed. When I listened it was placed on a desk close to the wall as you can see in the picture. Source was Spotify.

I think the top plate felt a bit "flimsy". I wish B&O could be more consistent in how the units are handled.

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
9,239 Posts
Bronze Member

I felt, that it was very much like the A6 in the handling.

As I already have written above - people will have different opinions on this one.

It is a 'BeoPlay smaller than the A6 product' - not a competitor to the BS1/2.

We will see, when more people have heard it more times - and have grown used to it.

Maybe they then - as so often with new B&O products - will like it more?

MM

Sandyb
Top 150 Contributor
426 Posts
Bronze Member
Sandyb replied on Wed, Dec 28 2016 3:01 PM

as an completely unnecessary aside, i got a BS2 last week, have to say very very happy with it......will likely get one more when resources free up a bit.....not as good as the A9, but difficult to have any grumbles.....lovely design and sound, a good product from B&O i think.....

TWG
Top 75 Contributor
1,063 Posts
Gold Member
TWG replied on Wed, Dec 28 2016 4:10 PM

Looks okay but not like a B&O product.

How about handling? Does it have the same bad ergonomics like the A1 or are things like volume control, power on/off etc. easy to operate on the M5?

Earle
Top 500 Contributor
130 Posts
Bronze Member
Earle replied on Wed, Dec 28 2016 4:31 PM

"Handling"? As in 'Power Handling', or as in 'handling like you're playing with it like a kid does with Lego"? 

Anyway, not sure if it's been mentioned, but it seriously just reminded me of the HP Wave... but like most say, gotta hear it before passing full judgment.

TWG
Top 75 Contributor
1,063 Posts
Gold Member
TWG replied on Wed, Dec 28 2016 4:41 PM

I'm referring to the ergonomics of the device. With the Beoplay A1 it is not very comfortable to adjust the volume on the speaker. That's far better on the A2.

Earle
Top 500 Contributor
130 Posts
Bronze Member
Earle replied on Wed, Dec 28 2016 4:54 PM

Yes, makes sense. Didn't mean for my post to sound sarcastic (unintentional). But I agree,... looking for where the power button is on the A1 is a tad annoying. 

Back to the M5, though... it is kind of a cookie-cutter-like shape for a multi-room speaker. 

I'm interested to know if anyone can confirm if the M5 is a mono speaker, or if the drivers are angled out somewhat for stereo imaging.

moxxey
Top 25 Contributor
South West, UK
4,194 Posts
Bronze Member
moxxey replied on Wed, Dec 28 2016 5:44 PM

Sandyb:

as an completely unnecessary aside, i got a BS2 last week, have to say very very happy with it......will likely get one more when resources free up a bit.....not as good as the A9, but difficult to have any grumbles.....lovely design and sound, a good product from B&O i think.....

Hard to beat the A9 in my eyes, but the BS2 must be much more portable, which is a huge advantage over the A9?

Sandyb
Top 150 Contributor
426 Posts
Bronze Member
Sandyb replied on Wed, Dec 28 2016 6:09 PM

yes it is, though i doubt i'll move the BS2 much.......for its footprint though, it's an excellent sounding speaking, sounds rich, plenty of bass, floats my boat......that said, the BS1 was also much better than i thought it would be when i did a side by side last week.......might test drive an A6 for my kitchen, where i will get rid of my Beolit 12, if it doesnt work for me, then another BS2 in the kitchen.....and then i'm done....hopefully....

Aussie Michael
Top 50 Contributor
Melbourne, AU
2,422 Posts
Gold Member
moxxey:

Hard to beat the A9 in my eyes, but the BS2 must be much more portable, which is a huge advantage over the A9?

I love my a9 and I think it's portable you just can't place it everywhere like the A2 because of its size Cool
Page 6 of 22 (325 items) « First ... < Previous 4 5 6 7 8 Next > ... Last » | RSS