Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Click here to tell us about your new email address

BeoPlay M5 ?

rated by 0 users
Answered (Verified) This post has 2 verified answers | 253 Replies | 5 Followers

benoit
Top 150 Contributor
North East France
497 Posts
Bronze Member
benoit posted on Tue, Dec 13 2016 9:35 PM

Does anyone know what kind of speaker it could be?

https://www.certipedia.com/companies/174322/product_certificates?locale=en

https://fccid.io/MSIP-RMM-BOA-BeoplayM5

Answered (Verified) Verified Answer

Fansastic
Not Ranked
19 Posts
Bronze Member
Verified by benoit

Hiort
Top 75 Contributor
Sweden
1,255 Posts
Gold Member
Answered (Verified) Hiort replied on Wed, Dec 28 2016 1:55 PM
Brigantinus:

My dealer is not very happy with the sound, he even didn't want to give a demonstration. And after a demonstration i can understand him. You can compare the sound with a radio clock (i think it is designed for that kind of use in the bedroom). If you have the space A6 ist much better.

In my ears definitely no "clock radio".

I was actually impressed.

I did not like the finish of the top plate, however.

All Replies

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
8,703 Posts
Bronze Member

Sounds pretty impressive for the size ;-)

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

benoit
Top 150 Contributor
North East France
497 Posts
Bronze Member
benoit replied on Sun, Dec 25 2016 12:29 PM

Millemissen:

Sounds pretty impressive for the size ;-)

MM

Nice. How does it compare with the Beosound 1&2 or the A6? Does the design still have some of the magic of B&O or it it something ´common'?

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
8,703 Posts
Bronze Member

benoit:

How does it compare with the Beosound 1&2 or the A6? Does the design still have some of the magic of B&O or it it something ´common'?

I haven't had the opportunity to compare - that does not say much in a bigger store anyway.

Just think BeoPlay A6 smaller and round - then you'll know....same materials/fabric.

MM

benoit
Top 150 Contributor
North East France
497 Posts
Bronze Member
benoit replied on Sun, Dec 25 2016 1:48 PM

Again it makes me think of a Libratone Zipp... Unless if it is hollow...

I'm looking for something a bit more powerful to replace my A1 (which will move to the bedroom) in my small living room (20sqm). But I would like to have a nice design, something that I'm happy to look at even when not in use, something different with B&O's DNA and that doesn't look like all the other wireless mass speakers.

Hiort
Top 75 Contributor
Sweden
1,255 Posts
Gold Member
Hiort replied on Sun, Dec 25 2016 1:55 PM
benoit:

Again it makes me think of a Libratone Zipp... Unless if it is hollow...

I'm looking for something a bit more powerful to replace my A1 (which will move to the bedroom) in my small living room (20sqm). But I would like to have a nice design, something that I'm happy to look at even when not in use, something different with B&O's DNA and that doesn't look like all the other wireless mass speakers.

I would go for Beosound 1 or 2.

Borrow them and compare in your home.

Hiort
Top 75 Contributor
Sweden
1,255 Posts
Gold Member
Hiort replied on Sun, Dec 25 2016 1:58 PM
benoit:

Nice. How does it compare with the Beosound 1&2 or the A6? Does the design still have some of the magic of B&O or it it something ´common'?

I've been told it's below A6 in sound quality (would assume since it's a mono speaker).

The sound not as "elegant" as Beosound 1 and 2.

Assume it's a more casual speaker, that you maybe only have as background or listening to radio news on.

benoit
Top 150 Contributor
North East France
497 Posts
Bronze Member
benoit replied on Sun, Dec 25 2016 2:36 PM

Hiort:
Borrow them and compare in your home.

This is a bit complicated... The 2 closest shops are 70km away since mine closed. I listened BS1 and 2 in the shop and I liked them very much. I'm a bit more for the 2, because I would prefer not to have a battery inside. That's why I'm as well thinking of the M5. But for the price of a BS2 I could have 2 or 3 M5 and have a multi room setup in my flat (although I don't really need it...). I'm afraid of a price increase in January (in Germany as my closest dealers are there now) before I can see and listen to the M5 and make my final choice.

Hiort
Top 75 Contributor
Sweden
1,255 Posts
Gold Member
Hiort replied on Sun, Dec 25 2016 2:52 PM
benoit:

This is a bit complicated... The 2 closest shops are 70km away since mine closed. I listened BS1 and 2 in the shop and I liked them very much. I'm a bit more for the 2, because I would prefer not to have a battery inside. That's why I'm as well thinking of the M5. But for the price of a BS2 I could have 2 or 3 M5 and have a multi room setup in my flat (although I don't really need it...). I'm afraid of a price increase in January (in Germany as my closest dealers are there now) before I can see and listen to the M5 and make my final choice.

From what I hear from my friend, the BS2 will completely beat M5 in sound quality.

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
8,703 Posts
Bronze Member

I would not really want to compare it to the BS2 - it is simply different!

It is presumably not made to be a direct competitor to the BS2 - and it a BeoPlay product.

There are too many differences there - the BS2 being made with the Struer-made aluminium and has the sophisticated volume control etc.

From memory the BS2 surely has a fuller sound - but the M5 do sound nice.

It will be ideal for a kitchen, a smaller diningroom, a bedroom or a big bathroom.

The different fabrics will make it fit in to many lifestyles.

And you certainly can't compare the M5 with the A1 - those are (apart from the A1 being a bluetooth speaker only) two different pairs of shoes.

Imho it is for more than just listening to radio news (for that the A1 would be more than enough).

Taste is different - but I am sure that most people will be surpriced.

I am convinced, that some will say, that it resembles this or that other speaker. But do remember that it is B&O Multiroom capable.

MM

Fansastic
Not Ranked
19 Posts
Bronze Member
Fansastic
Not Ranked
19 Posts
Bronze Member

Sorry guess, I tried to upload an picture of the new M5 but the site is not responding. Will try later on. The M5 is for sale already at B&O dealer in Marbella. Saw a brown version and a silver version. First impression more Sonos than B&O design, unfortunately. But then again, that could change in short time after seeing it a few times.

Fansastic
Not Ranked
19 Posts
Bronze Member
Verified by benoit

benoit
Top 150 Contributor
North East France
497 Posts
Bronze Member
benoit replied on Wed, Dec 28 2016 1:16 PM

This is exciting! I'm waiting to see the photos!

(you can try with http://www.hostingpics.net Wink )

benoit
Top 150 Contributor
North East France
497 Posts
Bronze Member
benoit replied on Wed, Dec 28 2016 1:17 PM

Thank you for the pict!!! I cannot tell I dislike the design but you are right not very B&Oish at all and very plain... Must listen to it to make my final judgement...

Fansastic
Not Ranked
19 Posts
Bronze Member

I'll have a more detailed look if possible and comment on the forum later on. The brown version looked more luxurious than the silver one. And I must try not to compare it with the new BS1/2, completely different league. 

Page 5 of 17 (254 items) « First ... < Previous 3 4 5 6 7 Next > ... Last » | RSS