rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 1 Reply | 0 Followers

John Painter
Not Ranked
Maine
3 Posts
Bronze Member
John Painter posted on Mon, Oct 31 2016 12:16 AM

My BM 2400 is making what sounds like feedback/static and it's very loud on the radio setting (phone and tape channels working fine) and is having a hard time finding a station (though I've got a number of strong FM stations close by), when I do it's very faint and staticy, I've got the regular rabbit ears with two prong connector (rabbit ears and connector are good) and for a hoot I tried the coaxial and got the same noise, I'm not sure what the issue is, any suggestions out there?

Would love to save it, but no radio is a deal breaker for me.  If it's something like changing caps, I have novice soldering skills and would feel comfortable going at it, if it's something more complex I might need to put the old girl down. Sad

All Replies

John Painter
Not Ranked
Maine
3 Posts
Bronze Member

Well, joy of joy's I started to replace the caps thanks to Dillen (aka Martin) and testing as I went along and the radio is now coming in crystal clear, better than ever. I mean wow what a difference.

Of course it could not go perfect for me, I lost the volume control (so its stuck about half way) I also lost the tape and FM1 and am totally lost as to how get them back.  Everything else working as it should e.g. sliders, switches, presets (except FM1), tuner.  I do not have all the caps in, does this sound like it is just a matter of finishing up replacing the caps and I should have the controls back?  Or somewhere along the line did I cross something, looking for some ideas for what to check before I proceed and potentially mess things up more.

Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS