Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Click here to tell us about your new email address

BV14 and Beovision Horizon - any feedback?

rated by 0 users
Answered (Verified) This post has 4 verified answers | 376 Replies | 11 Followers

Guy
Top 75 Contributor
Bucharest, Romania
908 Posts
Gold Member
Guy posted on Sat, Oct 8 2016 4:30 PM

Considering that both the BV14 and Beovision Horizon have been out for several weeks there's been very little feedback on this forum!  Does anyone have either and is in a position report how they have got on?  Or is everyone hanging on for the anticipated new TVs next summer?

I am in the market for a new B&O TV and would like to purchase this side of Xmas.  I have been very disappointed with 'android' in the past (albeit with a tablet), hence I am particularly interested in the new android interface and whether the SW runs well?

Anyone?

Answered (Verified) Verified Answer

BartS
Top 500 Contributor
66 Posts
Bronze Member
Answered (Verified) BartS replied on Thu, Oct 27 2016 1:00 PM
Verified by kuyttendaele

I have just been informed that there indeed is a bug in the audio-part of the software and that this will be rewritten. As the connection with the Beoremote One BT concerns; there should not be a connection issue. B&O thinks the problem should be within the TV and that the TV should be shut off from power for a time (+ half an hour). Afterwards the remote should not have connection issues anymore.

Sjengie
Not Ranked
16 Posts
Bronze Member
Verified by Sjengie

I have been using the BV 40 since launch and I do have many software glitches which none of the updates have solved yet.

I am also waiting for update to connect to my wireless speakers eg beosound 1. The TV stops at times without any reason, the TV guide crashed all the time. Sometimes you switch it on and the remote is bklocked after which you have to unplug and plug it again. I can go on and on ...

Dealer says updates are coming and it will take time. Is okay for me but my wife hates it.

Worst is that netflix app does not work on the beovision. 

My dealer told me that B&O recommends to use apple tv. Some argue between B&O and Netflix.

Unbelieveable. I have a subscription with Netflix, I should be able to use it.

The TV itself looks very very nice but is too buggy if you ask me.

I give it another month or so, if the Android glitches are not solved soon I will return it.

good luck

BartS
Top 500 Contributor
66 Posts
Bronze Member
Answered (Verified) BartS replied on Sun, Mar 12 2017 4:19 PM
Verified by boskonay

As said before: at this stage you have to contact your dealer. He passes your serial number through to B&O and subsequently the update will be transferred to your Beovision. I guess it wil take a few weeks before the update is automatically transferred to all the NG Beovisions.

TEL
Not Ranked
33 Posts
Founder
Answered (Verified) TEL replied on Tue, Mar 14 2017 8:00 PM
Verified by TEL

Many thanks Sandyb - I'll probably go ahead with Avant NG 55 later this week

All Replies

BartS
Top 500 Contributor
66 Posts
Bronze Member
BartS replied on Fri, Oct 28 2016 10:53 AM

Roy:
BartS:

Chromecast is something that does work on mine. The communication between iphone and TV via Chromecast (Deezer) is ok. However I would give it not 100% yet as bugs do appear. Sometimes you have to press the Chromecast logo on the screen of the iphone and select the Horizon to make the connection.

Thanks for your reply! What about Chrome cast video? Audio seems to work as well. But video seems to be the problem.

I have not tested this after the update. I will try.

BartS
Top 500 Contributor
66 Posts
Bronze Member
BartS replied on Fri, Oct 28 2016 10:57 AM

Aussie Michael:
So BV 14 55

Should I

Or

Shouldn't I ?

With my knowledge today I would wait a while. I was informed that there are plenty of issues to be solved.

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
9,145 Posts
Bronze Member

BartS:

With my knowledge today I would wait a while. I was informed that there are plenty of issues to be solved.

I'd agree with that - if at all.

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

Sandyb
Top 150 Contributor
371 Posts
Bronze Member
Sandyb replied on Fri, Oct 28 2016 12:28 PM

If you get annoyed by software bugs, i.e. early adopter stuff, then wait.....anyway all of this software will come to the Avant NG, so can't really side step it in any upgrade.....

All that being said, i'm warming to the picture quality of the BV14(55) that i have......and that as an avowed plasma fan, and love my 12-65.......different pictures qualitatively, but the 14-55 does produce an excellent picture, especially once the judder / motion smoothing nonsense is turned off.......

also depends on what you're coming from / expect.......for a step change, only the 2016 LG OLEDs achieve that.....they're jawdropping....

digi
Top 500 Contributor
Bremen
61 Posts
Bronze Member
digi replied on Fri, Oct 28 2016 4:28 PM

You should wait. The current Software is too buggy.

BV 14-55 mit BL 18, BL 8000, BL 2, BeoRemote One-BT, ATV 3; BS 9000 & BS 4500 mit BL 12-3, BL 12-2, BeoLink 1000, AAX 2; BeoLine mit BC 2, BC 6000; BS 8; BeoVox CX100; BeoTime (analog), BeoTime (digital); Earphone A8+H3

BartS
Top 500 Contributor
66 Posts
Bronze Member
BartS replied on Fri, Oct 28 2016 6:14 PM

BartS:

Roy:
BartS:

Chromecast is something that does work on mine. The communication between iphone and TV via Chromecast (Deezer) is ok. However I would give it not 100% yet as bugs do appear. Sometimes you have to press the Chromecast logo on the screen of the iphone and select the Horizon to make the connection.

Thanks for your reply! What about Chrome cast video? Audio seems to work as well. But video seems to be the problem.

I have not tested this after the update. I will try.

Youtube via Chromecast works on my Horizon.

simon8201
Not Ranked
Devon
42 Posts
Bronze Member

Do you think they'll dare to increase the price of these televisions very soon? I hear they might.

vlohjr1
Top 200 Contributor
322 Posts
Bronze Member
simon8201:

Do you think they'll dare to increase the price of these televisions very soon? I hear they might.

It's going up in Nov by 8% I think
Michael
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
1,873 Posts
Bronze Member
Michael replied on Sat, Oct 29 2016 10:52 PM
BV Avant NG comes soon and also there is a new edition of brass speakers called the brass edition I think. Beosound 1, 35, 17, and 18 to name a few. It's quite nice looking too.
Aussie Michael
Top 50 Contributor
Melbourne, AU
2,410 Posts
Gold Member
vlohjr1:

It's going up in Nov by 8% I think

That will affect the balance sheet
Bv7Mk3
Top 100 Contributor
uk
741 Posts
Bronze Member
Bv7Mk3 replied on Sun, Oct 30 2016 10:38 AM
Avant Ng will it have HDR?
PK
Top 500 Contributor
60 Posts
Bronze Member
PK replied on Sun, Oct 30 2016 10:40 AM

is that on all products or just some of them?

Sandyb
Top 150 Contributor
371 Posts
Bronze Member
Sandyb replied on Sun, Oct 30 2016 11:25 AM
From what I understand it is the same TV just with the new Android software....
Sandyb
Top 150 Contributor
371 Posts
Bronze Member
Sandyb replied on Sun, Oct 30 2016 11:28 AM
Imagine if there is a price rise in the pipeline it will be for everything surely? Everything in the UK will be going up for currency related reasons...Apple raised all U.K. prices for that reason, why would B&O leave some out?
Duels
Top 50 Contributor
England
1,324 Posts
Gold Member
Duels replied on Sun, Oct 30 2016 11:46 AM
Aussie Michael:

That will affect the balance sheet

Actually it will affect the profit and loss account more!!
Page 8 of 26 (377 items) « First ... < Previous 6 7 8 9 10 Next > ... Last » | RSS