Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Click here to tell us about your new email address

BV14 and Beovision Horizon - any feedback?

rated by 0 users
Answered (Verified) This post has 4 verified answers | 371 Replies | 11 Followers

Guy
Top 75 Contributor
Bucharest, Romania
903 Posts
Gold Member
Guy posted on Sat, Oct 8 2016 4:30 PM

Considering that both the BV14 and Beovision Horizon have been out for several weeks there's been very little feedback on this forum!  Does anyone have either and is in a position report how they have got on?  Or is everyone hanging on for the anticipated new TVs next summer?

I am in the market for a new B&O TV and would like to purchase this side of Xmas.  I have been very disappointed with 'android' in the past (albeit with a tablet), hence I am particularly interested in the new android interface and whether the SW runs well?

Anyone?

Answered (Verified) Verified Answer

BartS
Top 500 Contributor
65 Posts
Bronze Member
Answered (Verified) BartS replied on Thu, Oct 27 2016 1:00 PM
Verified by kuyttendaele

I have just been informed that there indeed is a bug in the audio-part of the software and that this will be rewritten. As the connection with the Beoremote One BT concerns; there should not be a connection issue. B&O thinks the problem should be within the TV and that the TV should be shut off from power for a time (+ half an hour). Afterwards the remote should not have connection issues anymore.

Sjengie
Not Ranked
16 Posts
Bronze Member
Verified by Sjengie

I have been using the BV 40 since launch and I do have many software glitches which none of the updates have solved yet.

I am also waiting for update to connect to my wireless speakers eg beosound 1. The TV stops at times without any reason, the TV guide crashed all the time. Sometimes you switch it on and the remote is bklocked after which you have to unplug and plug it again. I can go on and on ...

Dealer says updates are coming and it will take time. Is okay for me but my wife hates it.

Worst is that netflix app does not work on the beovision. 

My dealer told me that B&O recommends to use apple tv. Some argue between B&O and Netflix.

Unbelieveable. I have a subscription with Netflix, I should be able to use it.

The TV itself looks very very nice but is too buggy if you ask me.

I give it another month or so, if the Android glitches are not solved soon I will return it.

good luck

BartS
Top 500 Contributor
65 Posts
Bronze Member
Answered (Verified) BartS replied on Sun, Mar 12 2017 4:19 PM
Verified by boskonay

As said before: at this stage you have to contact your dealer. He passes your serial number through to B&O and subsequently the update will be transferred to your Beovision. I guess it wil take a few weeks before the update is automatically transferred to all the NG Beovisions.

TEL
Not Ranked
33 Posts
Founder
Answered (Verified) TEL replied on Tue, Mar 14 2017 8:00 PM
Verified by TEL

Many thanks Sandyb - I'll probably go ahead with Avant NG 55 later this week

All Replies

Sibbi
Top 500 Contributor
50 Posts
Bronze Member
Sibbi replied on Tue, Oct 18 2016 5:01 PM

yep I have the same problem with a Horizon 48. 

Sibbi
Top 500 Contributor
50 Posts
Bronze Member
Sibbi replied on Tue, Oct 18 2016 5:02 PM

yep I have the same problem with a Horizon 48. 

BartS
Top 500 Contributor
65 Posts
Bronze Member
BartS replied on Tue, Oct 18 2016 6:28 PM

My dealer is going to inform B&O. I suggest to contact your dealer. The more complaints, the sooner it gets fixed.Smile

By the way, I understand that last weeks update should have ended connection problems between TV and remote. Unfortunately I noticed that this problem appears not to be solved.

mr_anders_son
Top 50 Contributor
sweden
1,456 Posts
Founder
Room adaptation can not been swift off.

Beoremote BT lost connection

Google play crash

Android crash

Judder cancellation must swift off every time

I put the TVn on

Etc etc......

BeoVision 14-55 oak...BeoLab 8002 as FRONT....BeoLab 4000 as REAR....BL19 SUB copper 90's edt....BV5 2xHDMI....BV7-32 MK3....BC6-26....Beosound 9000....BeoRemote One BT....Beo6....Beo4....Beo4 Cinema....BeoLink 7000....Serene....H8....H6 90´s Rose Gold edt....Form 1....U70...A2 Black Copper Special Edt

Sandyb
Top 150 Contributor
371 Posts
Bronze Member
Sandyb replied on Tue, Oct 18 2016 7:28 PM

I dont seem to have the same problems, which is odd.....

that said, i dont think the update has fixed everything.....i lost sound again yesterday, same as happened a few times before the update......

i presume you have sent a "usage report" to B&O from the tv..........? think it helps them resolve these issues......

Michael
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
1,873 Posts
Bronze Member
Very happy I didn't replace my Avant yet.
Duels
Top 50 Contributor
England
1,314 Posts
Gold Member
Duels replied on Tue, Oct 18 2016 8:23 PM
Michael:

Original avant or new avant?
Aussie Michael
Top 50 Contributor
Melbourne, AU
2,404 Posts
Gold Member
Michael:

Me too
Michael
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
1,873 Posts
Bronze Member
Duels:

Original avant or new avant?

2014 55"
BartS
Top 500 Contributor
65 Posts
Bronze Member
Answered (Verified) BartS replied on Thu, Oct 27 2016 1:00 PM
Verified by kuyttendaele

I have just been informed that there indeed is a bug in the audio-part of the software and that this will be rewritten. As the connection with the Beoremote One BT concerns; there should not be a connection issue. B&O thinks the problem should be within the TV and that the TV should be shut off from power for a time (+ half an hour). Afterwards the remote should not have connection issues anymore.

BartS
Top 500 Contributor
65 Posts
Bronze Member
BartS replied on Thu, Oct 27 2016 7:25 PM

And skip the remark about the remote. I just had a failure in the connection between the remote and TV again after the TV had been shut off for more than an hour. There is a bug in the communication between TV and remote!

Roy
Not Ranked
The Netherlands
36 Posts
Bronze Member
Roy replied on Thu, Oct 27 2016 8:38 PM

Hi guys, 

Do you also have trouble using chrome cast? On my Horizon it doesn't seem to work. Furthermore I'm very happy about this new television. The software seems more stable after the update. Still work in progress though.

Regards, 
R. 

BeoVision Horizon ● BeoLab 14 Subwoofer ● B&O Play A9 ● Beolit 15 ● B&O Play H8 ● B&O Play H5

BartS
Top 500 Contributor
65 Posts
Bronze Member
BartS replied on Thu, Oct 27 2016 9:13 PM

Chromecast is something that does work on mine. The communication between iphone and TV via Chromecast (Deezer) is ok. However I would give it not 100% yet as bugs do appear. Sometimes you have to press the Chromecast logo on the screen of the iphone and select the Horizon to make the connection.

Roy
Not Ranked
The Netherlands
36 Posts
Bronze Member
Roy replied on Fri, Oct 28 2016 8:33 AM
BartS:

Chromecast is something that does work on mine. The communication between iphone and TV via Chromecast (Deezer) is ok. However I would give it not 100% yet as bugs do appear. Sometimes you have to press the Chromecast logo on the screen of the iphone and select the Horizon to make the connection.

Thanks for your reply! What about Chrome cast video? Audio seems to work as well. But video seems to be the problem.

BeoVision Horizon ● BeoLab 14 Subwoofer ● B&O Play A9 ● Beolit 15 ● B&O Play H8 ● B&O Play H5

Aussie Michael
Top 50 Contributor
Melbourne, AU
2,404 Posts
Gold Member
So BV 14 55

Should I

Or

Shouldn't I ?
Page 7 of 25 (372 items) « First ... < Previous 5 6 7 8 9 Next > ... Last » | RSS