Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Click here to tell us about your new email address

BV14 and Beovision Horizon - any feedback?

rated by 0 users
Answered (Verified) This post has 4 verified answers | 376 Replies | 11 Followers

Guy
Top 75 Contributor
Bucharest, Romania
908 Posts
Gold Member
Guy posted on Sat, Oct 8 2016 4:30 PM

Considering that both the BV14 and Beovision Horizon have been out for several weeks there's been very little feedback on this forum!  Does anyone have either and is in a position report how they have got on?  Or is everyone hanging on for the anticipated new TVs next summer?

I am in the market for a new B&O TV and would like to purchase this side of Xmas.  I have been very disappointed with 'android' in the past (albeit with a tablet), hence I am particularly interested in the new android interface and whether the SW runs well?

Anyone?

Answered (Verified) Verified Answer

BartS
Top 500 Contributor
66 Posts
Bronze Member
Answered (Verified) BartS replied on Thu, Oct 27 2016 1:00 PM
Verified by kuyttendaele

I have just been informed that there indeed is a bug in the audio-part of the software and that this will be rewritten. As the connection with the Beoremote One BT concerns; there should not be a connection issue. B&O thinks the problem should be within the TV and that the TV should be shut off from power for a time (+ half an hour). Afterwards the remote should not have connection issues anymore.

Sjengie
Not Ranked
16 Posts
Bronze Member
Verified by Sjengie

I have been using the BV 40 since launch and I do have many software glitches which none of the updates have solved yet.

I am also waiting for update to connect to my wireless speakers eg beosound 1. The TV stops at times without any reason, the TV guide crashed all the time. Sometimes you switch it on and the remote is bklocked after which you have to unplug and plug it again. I can go on and on ...

Dealer says updates are coming and it will take time. Is okay for me but my wife hates it.

Worst is that netflix app does not work on the beovision. 

My dealer told me that B&O recommends to use apple tv. Some argue between B&O and Netflix.

Unbelieveable. I have a subscription with Netflix, I should be able to use it.

The TV itself looks very very nice but is too buggy if you ask me.

I give it another month or so, if the Android glitches are not solved soon I will return it.

good luck

BartS
Top 500 Contributor
66 Posts
Bronze Member
Answered (Verified) BartS replied on Sun, Mar 12 2017 4:19 PM
Verified by boskonay

As said before: at this stage you have to contact your dealer. He passes your serial number through to B&O and subsequently the update will be transferred to your Beovision. I guess it wil take a few weeks before the update is automatically transferred to all the NG Beovisions.

TEL
Not Ranked
33 Posts
Founder
Answered (Verified) TEL replied on Tue, Mar 14 2017 8:00 PM
Verified by TEL

Many thanks Sandyb - I'll probably go ahead with Avant NG 55 later this week

All Replies

Aussie Michael
Top 50 Contributor
Melbourne, AU
2,410 Posts
Gold Member
Gennaro:

Just curios, does the new BT Beoone remote control a PS4? Beovision 11-55, BeoPlay V1 40, Beosound 9000, Beolab 8000's and 3 Beocom 5's...

I asked the dealer. He said no.
mr_anders_son
Top 50 Contributor
sweden
1,457 Posts
Founder

Sandyb: Do you have the same problem as me as picture I posted??

BeoVision 14-55 oak...BeoLab 8002 as FRONT....BeoLab 4000 as REAR....BL19 SUB copper 90's edt....BV5 2xHDMI....BV7-32 MK3....BC6-26....Beosound 9000....BeoRemote One BT....Beo6....Beo4....Beo4 Cinema....BeoLink 7000....Serene....H8....H6 90´s Rose Gold edt....Form 1....U70...A2 Black Copper Special Edt

Sandyb
Top 150 Contributor
371 Posts
Bronze Member
Sandyb replied on Mon, Oct 10 2016 10:02 AM

not like that no....regular HD content from Sky has been absolutely fine....the only issue i have had, picture quality wise, is with something i watched on Amazon Prime.....a couple of dark scenes looked badly defined, no blue bands per se, but definition wasnt good.....i'll post a picture later....

Aussie Michael
Top 50 Contributor
Melbourne, AU
2,410 Posts
Gold Member
Suggested by Mogelmose
Sibbi:

I have the Horizon. Really like how it looks on the wall. It has some softwarebugs as mentioned but its a nice TV. Dealer said that multiroom will be added next month. Picture quality very good. A very nice overall package.

Sibbi and Sandy, what do you mean by when you say multi room is not currently active?

Is that sound or ?

Sandyb
Top 150 Contributor
371 Posts
Bronze Member
Sandyb replied on Mon, Oct 10 2016 12:24 PM

There is no multi room of any kind....so the matrix capability is greyed out, and from an audio point of view swell the BV14 does not appear in any of the Beo apps......so can't audio share the BV14 to my A9 for example.....all of this will follow in the November update (though again, the November update is estimated date)........the lack of matrix ability may not bother some, the lack of audio sharing will likely bother more people for now.......long story short, all of the usual functionality will arrive, and is set up on the OS in a very similar way to the previous environment, just that bits of it will be enabled later.......

you can google cast to the TV i think......

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
9,145 Posts
Bronze Member

Sandyb:

......long story short, all of the usual functionality will arrive, and is set up on the OS in a very similar way to the previous environment, just that bits of it will be enabled later.......

A self paid christmas gift for the owners of the new tv's ;-(

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

Sandyb
Top 150 Contributor
371 Posts
Bronze Member
Sandyb replied on Mon, Oct 10 2016 1:11 PM

agreed, and viewed from a certain angle, it is surprising B&O can get away with releasing a slightly incomplete product....you wouldnt buy a 911 with 6th gear missing a future update.......anyway, maybe other set makers do as well, though i suspect not, but there you go....but again on the other hand, given the sound and multi room functionality (eventually) i'm prepared to be patient.......its a mighty fine looking tv after all......

mr_anders_son
Top 50 Contributor
sweden
1,457 Posts
Founder
On wednesday 12.00 CET the new software will be release says my dealer!

BeoVision 14-55 oak...BeoLab 8002 as FRONT....BeoLab 4000 as REAR....BL19 SUB copper 90's edt....BV5 2xHDMI....BV7-32 MK3....BC6-26....Beosound 9000....BeoRemote One BT....Beo6....Beo4....Beo4 Cinema....BeoLink 7000....Serene....H8....H6 90´s Rose Gold edt....Form 1....U70...A2 Black Copper Special Edt

mr_anders_son
Top 50 Contributor
sweden
1,457 Posts
Founder
There will be a sw update for Beoremote one BT done via Beovision 14/Horizon to.

kuyttendaele
Top 200 Contributor
300 Posts
Founder

mr_anders_son:
There will be a sw update for Beoremote one BT done via Beovision 14/Horizon to.

For the TV & remote? Oooh boy... I hope they have tested this to Pluto and back!

boskonay
Not Ranked
27 Posts
Bronze Member

Has the update been released today?

(I have a 14-40 in the bedroom and a Horizon 48 going in and need Atlona matrix support...)

Roy
Not Ranked
The Netherlands
36 Posts
Bronze Member
Roy replied on Wed, Oct 12 2016 3:51 PM
boskonay:

Has the update been released today?

(I have a 14-40 in the bedroom and a Horizon 48 going in and need Atlona matrix support...)

No update here (yet)

Roy

BeoVision Horizon ● BeoLab 14 Subwoofer ● B&O Play A9 ● Beolit 15 ● B&O Play H8 ● B&O Play H5

Sandyb
Top 150 Contributor
371 Posts
Bronze Member
Sandyb replied on Wed, Oct 12 2016 4:08 PM
This update will not add matrix support- that's for the bigger update in November or whenever it arrives
mr_anders_son
Top 50 Contributor
sweden
1,457 Posts
Founder
No update yet!! Sad

kuyttendaele
Top 200 Contributor
300 Posts
Founder
"Windows is looking for Updates"

-> no updates found...
Page 2 of 26 (377 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS