rated by 0 users
This post has 55 Replies | 9 Followers

petermc
Top 500 Contributor
Australia
Posts 73
Founder
petermc replied on Tue, Feb 28 2017 9:55 AM
Yep still having problems with Playlists not loading.

Have sent an email to Spotify to ask for an update as it's now 2 months since the problem seemed to surface.
nico vercammen
Top 500 Contributor
Elversele, Belgium
Posts 154
Gold Member

same problems overhere....

I wonder if this has something to do with Spotify no longer supporting windows XP...
It just stalls some time when you are using  the playlists. I think it is a bit better then a month ago but it still stalls which is annoying

It  was a very very stupid idea from B&O to use windows XP embedded.
Although the BM5/BS5 is stable these days (except for the Spotify part....). The systyem reboots itself after a couple of days ( a way of keeping it stable I guess...)
They should have gone for Linux, much more stable and you do not need to reboot every 3 days ... ;-) + easier support for the coming years.

It's a pity  that software is now determining the age of a product and not the hardware...  
The BM5/BS5 is not even 7 years old...
Maybe B&O should propose an upgrade price to the Moment for BM5/BS5 owners .... ;-)

nico

David Coyne
Top 200 Contributor
Sydney, NSW, Australia
Posts 264
Bronze Member

Greetings

I  also am now having problems with Spotify on my Beosound 5.

None of the functions appear to work and I receive a message stating  "LOADING". Nothing seems to load despite waiting 10 -15 minutes.

I have rebooted the unit several times via the beomaster.

I have logged out of spotify on my laptop and desktop.

I have deleted my spotify account and reinstalled on the beomaster 5 and still it doesn't work.

Up until about a week ago it worked perfectly fine.

My local dealer seems to know nothing of the issue and thinks it may be a 'wifi' issue. Given it is hard wired to the modem and NRADIO works fine, that certainly isn't the issue.

Any suggestions?

David

Beovision 8-40, Beocentre 6-26, Beocentre 2, Beolab 9's, Beogram 7000, Beogram 9500, Beo 5, Beolit 1000, 800, 700, 600, 400, Beocom 6's, Beotalk 1200

Duels
Top 50 Contributor
England
Posts 1,321
Gold Member
Duels replied on Sat, Mar 4 2017 12:48 PM
David Coyne:

Any suggestions?

Hi David. Have you deleted the Spotify produced playlists such as discover weekly? This seems to have worked for others including myself.
David Coyne
Top 200 Contributor
Sydney, NSW, Australia
Posts 264
Bronze Member

Hi Duels

Thanks for the reply.

I did as you suggested and unfollowed 'discover weekly'. This gave me a little more functionality however i still dont have all functions restored. For example i cant seem to use the search function anymore for a particular artist.. i just receive a 'loading' message which goes on forever , the whole unit then freezes and i have to reboot from the power again.

I must say i have had nothing but problems with my bang and olufsen sound systems... software after software problems... sometimes I wonder if it wouldn't be easier to just use an iPad- not as sexy but far more functional :(

Beovision 8-40, Beocentre 6-26, Beocentre 2, Beolab 9's, Beogram 7000, Beogram 9500, Beo 5, Beolit 1000, 800, 700, 600, 400, Beocom 6's, Beotalk 1200

David Coyne
Top 200 Contributor
Sydney, NSW, Australia
Posts 264
Bronze Member

Now 'daily mix' has appeared and i cant seem to be able to delete or unfollow- is there something im doing wrong?

Regards

David

beoandy
Top 200 Contributor
sissi not kangaroo
Posts 253
Gold Member
beoandy replied on Sun, Mar 12 2017 10:57 AM

still no solution with the spotify playback from playlists. it´s a big shame for b&o! the spotify playback was the big advertised function on the beosound 5. still software problems since weeks!

BS Ouverture, BS 9000, AV 9000, Avant 32 DVD, BV9, BV6-22, BS 5, BS 4500, BS 7000, BC 9500, Beo6, BL Penta, F1000, BLGW, etc....

koning
Top 25 Contributor
holland
Posts 3,948
Bronze Member
koning replied on Sun, Mar 12 2017 12:01 PM

nico vercammen:

same problems overhere....

I wonder if this has something to do with Spotify no longer supporting windows XP...
It just stalls some time when you are using  the playlists. I think it is a bit better then a month ago but it still stalls which is annoying

It  was a very very stupid idea from B&O to use windows XP embedded.
Although the BM5/BS5 is stable these days (except for the Spotify part....). The systyem reboots itself after a couple of days ( a way of keeping it stable I guess...)
They should have gone for Linux, much more stable and you do not need to reboot every 3 days ... ;-) + easier support for the coming years.

It's a pity  that software is now determining the age of a product and not the hardware...  
The BM5/BS5 is not even 7 years old...
Maybe B&O should propose an upgrade price to the Moment for BM5/BS5 owners .... ;-)

nico

I would upgrade to a moment only when they use the same materials.

No plastic,no cheap chinees tablet

B&O make it 1000 euro more expensive and use real materials!

jhamers
Not Ranked
Posts 16
Bronze Member
jhamers replied on Wed, Mar 15 2017 5:51 PM

I had the same problem and deleting all the Spotify generated playlists (but keeping the ones i made manually), fixed the issue.

This system is becoming the biggest disappointment in my life... ;-)

David Coyne
Top 200 Contributor
Sydney, NSW, Australia
Posts 264
Bronze Member

I still cannot delete 'daily mix'.. I cannot see anyway to do it?  I even went to Spotify help desk and they said it is not possible to delete.

I 'unfollowed' discover weekly and radar but cannot delete daily mix. How have others done this?

Some functionality returned after unfollowing discover weekly but not all functionality returned.

Any further suggestions?

Regards

David

Duels
Top 50 Contributor
England
Posts 1,321
Gold Member
Duels replied on Thu, Mar 16 2017 7:16 AM
David Coyne:

I still cannot delete 'daily mix'.. I cannot see anyway to do it? I even went to Spotify help desk and they said it is not possible to delete.

I 'unfollowed' discover weekly and radar but cannot delete daily mix. How have others done this?

Some functionality returned after unfollowing discover weekly but not all functionality returned.

Any further suggestions?

Regards

David

That's odd. I have the daily mix playlists showing on my Spotify account on my iPad/iPhone etc but not on the BS5. I haven't followed or saved the playlists however.

steelpan
Not Ranked
Posts 14
Bronze Member
steelpan replied on Sun, Mar 26 2017 5:03 PM

Same problem here (since december 2016) and deleting all the Spotify generated playlists (but keeping the ones i made manually), fixed the issue.

Thank you to the forum to help this sort out.

Martin
Top 500 Contributor
Sweden
Posts 79
Gold Member
Martin replied on Fri, Mar 31 2017 12:33 PM

Hi, today ALL playlists is gone in Beosound 5. It willl not load playlists at all. Really bad!

I will take this issue to a new level with Bang&Olufsen! 

It sooooo badwill to sell this junk for soooo much money!!!

best regards

Martin Strom

Sweden

Beovision 7-55 3D with Bluray (sw 13.12), Beolab 5 (sw 3.30a), Beolab 3, Beolab 3500, Beo4, Beosound 5, Beomaster 5,  Beosound 9000 Mark III (sw 3.4), Beo 6, Beolink Gateway (Beolink App)

petermc
Top 500 Contributor
Australia
Posts 73
Founder
petermc replied on Fri, Mar 31 2017 11:54 PM
Have been back to Spotify & B&O about this.

Spotify replied yesterday that they have their top technicians working on this and hope to have a fix soon.

Not holding my breath as it's been going since Dec 2016

Peter
gysse2004
Top 500 Contributor
Hellerup
Posts 112
Bronze Member

My BS5 has been working up until yesday, now it will not load any playlist. Tryied to delete all, and delete account. Nothing!

come on B&O ! It's been months!

peter

Rob
Not Ranked
Germany
Posts 13
Bronze Member
Rob replied on Fri, May 19 2017 2:27 PM
I gave up and packed my BS 5 away, saved myself from the anger and disappointment. I've decided to move my 1968 BM5000 to center stage, at least it works with Spotify. My next new adventure is the Avant NG.

Common B&O were still burning our money on you and remain faithful hoping that you will sort out the issues, now give it hell and give us reasons to smile again.

Oh and Spotify slowly but surely we're losing patience too. Ghee wiz people pls get this going for fellow friends on here. I'm sure Netflix marketers and lawyers are bargaining how to make a quick buck on unassuming B&O too. Beware of the wolves!
Page 2 of 2 (56 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS