Check the tongue that lift the idler wheel up and down, I repaired on like this. And check here for the whole thread
Collecting Vintage B&O is not a hobby, its a lifestyle.
Your arm doesnt look too bad, just dirty, The position of the idler wheel in your pic is just about where I have mine with correct speed adjusted, but it looks like the idler wheel is pressed very hard against the motor pulley, I still have the original belt and it is quiet loose, but working OK, also check the whole drive mech. it has to move lightly in all directions (dismantle, clean and lubricate)
My plastic piece is around 1,5 mm thick, normally there is a round fiber disc attached
Mine tongue was totally worn down, in your case I would find a fiber disc or hard nylon washer and epoxy it. with my belt attached there is no visible deformation on the idler wheel, so you may have a belt problem
So, 4 months later this BG3000 still plays too fast and before I drop some dollars on a really nice SP12 repair I want to get this properly fixed. New belt from Martin which fits amazing!
Doing some reading and it seems my problem is that this is a 50hz deck in a 60hz country. I was reading this amazing post by Soren Mexico, http://forum.beoworld.org/forums/p/1666/14226.aspx#14226and I wonder if this will work for me too?If I just pull my belt drive wheel and have someone 3D print me one that is 20% smaller would that work?
Yes this will work, my 1202 has been working ever since, no problems with the speed what so ever and the motor works at normal temp, even after 3-4 hours continued playing.
When doing the 3D dimension change make sure you only change the 20% on the diameter.
Measure and note the position then just bang it out, it is a press fit.
The original wheel is made of 2 steel plates fitted to the center of aluminum.
To get the right position on the shaft I turned the center top down to the difference between the outside of the belt track to the shaft center
Instead of the 2 pegs I made a "skirt" on the wheel, the idler wheel center has to enter freely in the skirt
Make sure you get the drive pin hole in the right position, the hole is bigger than the pin so + - 0.2 mm is OK
I drilled out the center hole to the same dimension as the shaft, with polyamide this gives a press fit, after tests I just secured it with 2 drops of super glue after cleaning with acetone