Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Click here to see Christmas Prizes
Click here to change your Beoworld Account Details

Lintronic?

rated by 0 users
Answered (Not Verified) This post has 0 verified answers | 53 Replies | 1 Follower

mjmedlo
Top 100 Contributor
889 Posts
Bronze Member
mjmedlo posted on Tue, Mar 24 2015 2:43 PM
Anyone using?

Thoughts?

I'm to receive one and am looking for thoughts and reviews?

All Replies

TWG
Top 75 Contributor
1,161 Posts
Gold Member
TWG replied on Sat, Sep 17 2016 2:55 PM

Hello,

I have problems with my TT238 HW5.1 on Windows 8, 64bit.

I can not connect the device anymore on my stationary PC. I managed to to a firmware update which I guess was a dumb decision ;-)
Now, it doesn't connect.

On the mobile PC it connects but when I try to learn a remote the decoding window pops up every 2 seconds without any remote in front of the TT238. I've read that there was some Windows 8 issue here in this thread. Maybe somebody could clear up the topic.

I wanted to copy some remotes for the Beo 5 but now it doesn't work anymore...

I hope somebody can help!

EDIT: I've found a bug in the software, too. I managed to connect and use the TT238 on an old Windows 7 32Bit Notebook. If you use the "New Function" menu item to add commands from a remote that are not in the list you can save the function and edit the name, e.g you rename "new function" in the list after saving the command to "HDD playback". BUT: If you use the "new function" menu item again and save the command, the software deletes the newly registered name and every new saved item is called "new function" in the list. This is really bad as I can imagine that nobody wants to test 20 buttons on the remote to find out what every "new function" is. :-)

Griebel
Top 200 Contributor
299 Posts
Gold Member
TWG:

EDIT: I've found a bug in the software, too. I managed to connect and use the TT238 on an old Windows 7 32Bit Notebook. If you use the "New Function" menu item to add commands from a remote that are not in the list you can save the function and edit the name, e.g you rename "new function" in the list after saving the command to "HDD playback". BUT: If you use the "new function" menu item again and save the command, the software deletes the newly registered name and every new saved item is called "new function" in the list. This is really bad as I can imagine that nobody wants to test 20 buttons on the remote to find out what every "new function" is. :-)

I'm glad that I'm not the only one having this bug! Contacted Lintronic about it, but they did not believe meAngry. Well, I found a way around by just editing/adding manually in the database file the new function, which can be found in the Lintronic folder.
TWG
Top 75 Contributor
1,161 Posts
Gold Member
TWG replied on Tue, Sep 20 2016 1:57 PM

They didn't believe you?? What kind of arrogant customer service is this? In the past I had good experiences with Lintronic. I've sent a support request email this weekend... let's see if and when they reply.

The database editing seems to be a great hint. Do you have to edit every new function entry or how does it work?

Griebel
Top 200 Contributor
299 Posts
Gold Member
TWG:

The database editing seems to be a great hint. Do you have to edit every new function entry or how does it work?

You need to add every new function in the database, which will then display in the Code Learn window. It's very easy to do.
TWG
Top 75 Contributor
1,161 Posts
Gold Member
TWG replied on Fri, Sep 30 2016 6:04 AM

Griebel:
TWG:

You need to add every new function in the database, which will then display in the Code Learn window. It's very easy to do.

thank you for the great hint!

by the way: Still no answer or sign of life from Lintronic. I didn't remember the service being so bad!? Is something wrong with Lintronic or why don't they answer to support emails?

TWG
Top 75 Contributor
1,161 Posts
Gold Member
TWG replied on Sun, Oct 23 2016 8:07 AM

Update guys: Now it's over a month ago and I got NO support / answer from lintronic!

Any alternatives to this company? Lousy / non existent customer service is a no go!

frog
Top 200 Contributor
Camberley UK
340 Posts
Founder
frog replied on Wed, Jan 25 2017 8:25 PM

The answer generally is to use a raspberry Pi with LIRC for IR. Energenie have HATs that also handle RF. I've given up on Lintronic as the service was bad, the price was extortionate (I suppose it was a captive market), and now building my own. I use a raspberry to control (switch on and off) a TV for my Beosystem 3 via HDMI CEC and LIRC to handle the source boxes (AppleTV, Sky etc.). I've also integrated with the Amazon Alexa service for voice control  (though use a MLGW to handle the commands)

Lintronic? I think they have had their day, and there are many other (cheaper) ways to solve integrations

TWG
Top 75 Contributor
1,161 Posts
Gold Member
TWG replied on Sun, Feb 19 2017 9:08 AM

Hi guys,

does anybody have an older Firmware for the TT455-RT-238 on his PC? Maybe the misbehaviour is due to the latest firmware upgrade.

Hopyfully you can downgrade that thing as there are many remotes I want to copy to the Beo 5...

liberal
Not Ranked
40 Posts
Bronze Member

Hi,

I've found a zip file on an old laptop with firmware version TT455-RT-238-006-001-034-053.

Is that version any use to you?

Best,

Paul

TWG
Top 75 Contributor
1,161 Posts
Gold Member
TWG replied on Mon, Feb 20 2017 6:06 AM

Hello,

yesterday I wrote an email to Lintronic asking about my support ticket from september. I had experienced good customer service from Lintronic in the past so I was wondering why there was no answer.

To my positive surprise: I've got a reply within 3 hours on a sunday! That was a good sign!

Regarding my ticket it must have been a server problem so they didn't see it and therefore couldn't respond properly.

Michael from Lintronic told me that he will help to solve my problem and I'm very happy to let you know about that! Smile

As soon as we have solved it, I'll update this thread again with detailed information as others might be interested if they have the same problem.

@Paul: Thanks, that could be worth a try.

TWG
Top 75 Contributor
1,161 Posts
Gold Member
TWG replied on Thu, Mar 2 2017 10:05 PM

Dear Beoworld,

a big thank you to Michael from Lintronic.dk!!

We started a support session via teamviewer at about 10pm this evening and after my TT238 went weird we had to find the source for infrared noise. I switched off everything and sat there in darkness (despite my computer screen) and Michael suggested that it could be the display itself.
That let me thought immediately about the sensor of my NEC display that looks if somebody sits in front of it and guess what: That thing uses infrared!
I disabled the sensor and now I can copy remote controls again!

I'm so happy that everything worked out fine after all and that Michael helped me so late in the evening and we even solved it! Big Smile
Such a simple cause but I didn't thought of it until Michael told me.

Now I just have the configurator bug where every button is renamed back to "new function" even if I named it e.g. "dimmer". It gets renamed as soon as I learn another "new function". But that bug is more of a comfort problem. I'm sooooo glad that my Beo 5 didn't have to retire!

Aleksei
Not Ranked
Russia
30 Posts
Bronze Member
Aleksei replied on Wed, Aug 30 2017 12:27 PM

I have the Essense remote that I would like to use as a simple TV remote for BV7. Since it does not work from the box (you can only choose from Beoremote One, Beo4 radio and Light commands), I would like to program my Lintronic to read Essence commands and emit Beo4 TV signal. Actually, channel switch and volume up/down works, so I need to program only one button! :)

From the Lintronic software I can see that it reads Beoremote one signals, but my experiments with different Essense modes had no success so far.

Question. Can anybody say the correspondence between Essense commands (black dot in different modes) and BeoRemote One commands?

Then I will use this command from Essense and transfer it into Beo4 TV signal.

https://beointegration.wordpress.com/

Aleksei
Not Ranked
Russia
30 Posts
Bronze Member
Aleksei replied on Wed, Aug 30 2017 12:30 PM

I remember that I have seen the iRobot Roomba codes in the Lintronic library, but cannot find it now. Maybe I am mistaken. At the moment Roomba 880 codes are not recognized by Lintronic.

Is there anyone who controls Roomba via Lintronic? What are the codes?

My plan is to add "I'm leaving" scene to BLGW, so BLGW will switch off the media, lights... and start the cleaner via Lintronic.

https://beointegration.wordpress.com/

Pestria
Not Ranked
36 Posts
Bronze Member

does anyone run the old software on newer windows pcs?

i've tried and had problems with various drivers and it seem incompatible

am I missing something?

Stefan E
Not Ranked
Sweden
46 Posts
Gold Member
Hi

There is another easy and great way to integrate the essence remote control to control other Beo configured as you wish by using the mammutbox control.

www.mammutbox.com

It's not specified on their page yet but if you surf into their homepage and give the program interface a test run you will see that they have added support for the essence control so you can program it the way you wish.

Stefan

BV7-40 MKIII, BC6-26, BC6-23, BV4-50/BS2, BS5, BS9000, BL3500, MLGW, BLGW, PlayMaker, - BS6500, BS4500, LX6000, VX7000, MX5500, VX5000 - Beo6, Beo5, BeoTimex2, Linctonic

Page 3 of 4 (54 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next > | RSS