Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Amazing choice of pre-owned Bang and Olufsen

Got a problem with the Forum?
then please email me at keith@beoworld.org with details

Click here to change your Beoworld Account Details

Lintronic?

rated by 0 users
Answered (Not Verified) This post has 0 verified answers | 51 Replies | 1 Follower

mjmedlo
Top 100 Contributor
887 Posts
Bronze Member
mjmedlo posted on Tue, Mar 24 2015 2:43 PM
Anyone using?

Thoughts?

I'm to receive one and am looking for thoughts and reviews?

All Replies

Dave Hutton
Top 500 Contributor
UK
71 Posts
Bronze Member

I'm interested in this also - I read on the lintronic website that you can connect a cable (RS232?) from their box to a 3rd party TV. I understand that this would go into a socket marked 'service' on my samsung tv. So that's all straightforward.

Does anyone know if the programming for that gets done purely in the lintronic box/programme or is there something that needs to be done in the samsung tv?

I guess I could leave to lintronic box out of the cabinet and just use the external ir from the lintronic box which might well be easier.

I'm trying to work out whether to go this route or whether to get a programmable remote which might do the job. The only issue I have is that the BO overture would behind me when watching tv/playing sound through the BO speakers adjacent to the tv, so I suspect that a programmable remote wouldn't work as I'd be pointing it the wrong way, so the Lintronic box seems a good solution.

Cheers

DJ

mjmedlo
Top 100 Contributor
887 Posts
Bronze Member
I will pick mine up tomorrow from the post office.

Hopefully will get to tinker with it soon.

I will advise
Saxpy
Not Ranked
10 Posts
Bronze Member
Answered (Not Verified) Saxpy replied on Mon, Mar 30 2015 5:19 PM
Suggested by liberal

The Lintronic's IR transmitter is VERY powerful, I have my box semi-hidden and it still controls my Sony TV from angles and distances that the original Sony remote can't handle. I used to wire up the IR transmitter for each device but I've found that to be completely pointless, the transmitter is just that good. For the units hidden in a cupboard I still have it wired of course.

If the RS-232 port of the TV is active and supported then it should all be handled in the Lintronic box.

mjmedlo
Top 100 Contributor
887 Posts
Bronze Member
Well

I can't get the comport to open.

I'm going to try again tomorrow on a couple other pc machines
mjmedlo
Top 100 Contributor
887 Posts
Bronze Member
Anyone tried lintronic with windows 8?
Saxpy
Not Ranked
10 Posts
Bronze Member
Saxpy replied on Tue, Mar 31 2015 4:23 PM

Works just fine on my machine.

If you're using that USB-RS232 cable make sure not to use the latest driver since it doesn't work.

Google it and you'll find some more info.

mjmedlo
Top 100 Contributor
887 Posts
Bronze Member

I tried it with another USB to RS232 cable also; still no luck

I keep getting "ComPort" NOT open

stefan
Top 50 Contributor
200 miles from Struer
2,675 Posts
Founder

Which converter have you bought? TT-238 - LIN-433?

If LIN-433 did you also get the ComCab04?

Does the configurator detect the converter?

Is the driver installed/working ?

Did you try the "usb detect" procedere?

I`m using the cofigurator with Windows 8 via Parallels on my macbook - works fine with TT-238 and LIN-433 (after some trouble shooting!).

Stefan

mjmedlo
Top 100 Contributor
887 Posts
Bronze Member
I have the 238

With a windows laptop

Have tried several things...

Michael is to do an online support call this evening.
mjmedlo
Top 100 Contributor
887 Posts
Bronze Member
Turns out it was a Windows 8 issue. Michael at Lin Tronic allowed me to call him after midnight his time so as to suit my schedule. He was most helpful and we got it worked out in short order. I hope the programming proves more simple than the connection!
mjmedlo
Top 100 Contributor
887 Posts
Bronze Member
I've gotten the lintronic working appropriately.

Last night I mapped the beo4 commands to the new third party panel

I also connected the set up to a beolink active so I'll trigger the newly connected panel to the beolink active with the pc command via the 3.5mm to power link connection. The lintronic piece is quite interesting as it really allows so much functionality.

I'll connect this set up to a pair of beolab 4000 and hope it gets the wife in the kitchen more often... We'll see
mjmedlo
Top 100 Contributor
887 Posts
Bronze Member
Well... New issue

The lintronic will work perfectly for the Samsung television but I can't get the emitter to control the Motorola cable box.

I am using both of the emitter outputs but have had no luck getting the Motorola cable box working.
TWG
Top 75 Contributor
1,149 Posts
Gold Member
TWG replied on Mon, Apr 13 2015 12:12 PM

Do you use infrared-emitters actually or just the control-output with a stereo-jack on both ends?

If you use infrared-emitters: Use your phone's camera to check if they are actually emitting infrared light!

mjmedlo
Top 100 Contributor
887 Posts
Bronze Member

I am using the emitters; 

they work correctly for the panel I've connected, and the front of the lintronic sends out the commands when I test it; 

the problem is when i try to use the beo4 to trigger the command; I am unable to produce any result; 

I'm hoping Michael can help me fix this problem

mjmedlo
Top 100 Contributor
887 Posts
Bronze Member
Jumpers were set wrong.

All good now.

Michael... a++++++
Page 2 of 4 (52 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next > | RSS