Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Click here to tell us about your new email address

Beoplay H8

rated by 0 users
Answered (Verified) This post has 3 verified answers | 657 Replies | 17 Followers

Emil Jensen
Top 500 Contributor
Denmark
131 Posts
Bronze Member
Emil Jensen posted on Tue, Jan 6 2015 6:21 PM

Beoplay H8

Beolab 20, Beolab 17, Transmitter 1

Answered (Verified) Verified Answer

leogoeswild
Top 50 Contributor
Helsinki, Finland
1,377 Posts
Bronze Member
Verified by ellesofia

My H6´s just went on my local selling site :P

riverstyx
Top 75 Contributor
Exeter, Devon, UK
885 Posts
Gold Member
Verified by k3wt

k3wt:

Would it be possible to use H7 ear pads on the H8?

Hi k3wt,

No, they are not interchangeable, I tried this on a pair in store a while ago.

Kind Regards,

Martin.

Roger
Top 200 Contributor
Norway
247 Posts
Bronze Member
Answered (Verified) Roger replied on Mon, Feb 1 2016 4:32 PM
Verified by Mirzoni

This just in from Struer:

Bluetooth reception improvements have been implemented in production from serial number:
Gray Hazel: serial number 2524849 (w1542), and
Argilla Bright: serial number 25120775 (w1543).
BeoPlay H8 Black and Natural are per definition OK from start with improved Bluetooth reception.
Anyone that can confirm this? For the rest of us, knowing that the receiver is in the right H8 cup should help a little (put the phone in the front right pocket, not the left one) - but it would be even better if they have actually solved the issue all together from these S/N´s.
Roger

All Replies

Michael
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
1,858 Posts
Bronze Member
Same here. Sometimes it works flawlessly. Sometimes the dropouts are so many they can't be used wirelessly. Sometimes Bluetooth turns off and the music/video starts playing sound through my mac or iPhone instead.

Sometimes they don't turn on properly, what happens then is that the Bluetooth won't work and the touch wheel won't work. Only the noise cancellation works then. When I turn them off (in this mode) they always make strange noise. Happens quite recently and is very annoying.

I usually connect the h8s with cable to my computer but then the DAC doesn't work so sound is much less strong and less bassy. Not a good work around.
RenaissanceGirl
Not Ranked
4 Posts
Bronze Member

I was having a similar problem, and I'm not sure if it's come up in the thread so far (it's huge), but I unscrewed the right ear cap (which just twists off), and locked it back into place.  Not only did the quality improve, but the range picked up significantly, adding about a further 5m to the distance I could go before it dropped out.  I also had an occasional squeak {only way I can describe it} and that has disappeared too...  I have absolutely no idea if it's a coincidence, but it's got to be worth trying...

Duspin
Not Ranked
21 Posts
Bronze Member
Duspin replied on Fri, May 29 2015 9:08 PM

RenaissanceGirl:

I was having a similar problem, and I'm not sure if it's come up in the thread so far (it's huge), but I unscrewed the right ear cap (which just twists off), and locked it back into place.  Not only did the quality improve, but the range picked up significantly, adding about a further 5m to the distance I could go before it dropped out.  I also had an occasional squeak {only way I can describe it} and that has disappeared too...  I have absolutely no idea if it's a coincidence, but it's got to be worth trying...

Sadly, R-Girl, this did not work for me Sad

AnalogPlanet
Top 150 Contributor
Zagreb, Croatia
354 Posts
Gold Member

I can't believe it. 500 EUR headphones with fundamental flaw and B&O does not find it appropriate to address it at least via some statement.

Just disgraceful.

Scuttlebroom
Not Ranked
London
12 Posts
Bronze Member

Well I have been using my H8 now for over 2 months, almost everyday, and I can advise that if I use my Motorola phone with the headphones on bluetooth, I get terrible issues with interuptions and drop outs, (the only way to mitigate it was to turn off WiFi, Location and 4G!) still had issues whenever I wnet through busy stations on the train! It did improve slightly when i was upgraded to Andorid 5.1, but still not perfect.

As the battery on my mobile ran out too quickly using bluetooth, I decided to buy an iPod Nano, and what a difference!  No drop outs, no interuptions, it is a joy!  I also do not get issues with my Laptop using a bluetooth adapter (it also uses wifi to connect to the interent, and no issues there either), and as such I don't think thew blame for the bluetooth issues can simply be put at B&O's door, unless i am simply being lucky!

Now I am free to listen to my music perfectly without anyissues, and my mobile battery lasts! The only pain is not being able to use the H8's for chatting on the phone, as they were great for that, but a small price to pay for flawless music delivery!

Also saw a guy the other day, nudge his wife as I walked down the stairs at the tube station, and point to me and as I had the headphones round my neck I heard him say "Look, those are the headphones I want!" Also love the fact you get left alone by Chuggers and the like, as they presume you can't hear them!

BillC
Top 500 Contributor
101 Posts
Bronze Member
BillC replied on Tue, Jun 2 2015 8:53 AM
I have tried my H8 using my Apple IPhone 6 Plus and haven't had any drop out so far. Using other third party transmitters I get plenty of drop outs. I haven't tried it with my laptops yet.

Aussie Michael
Top 50 Contributor
Melbourne, AU
2,376 Posts
Gold Member
BillC:

I have tried my H8 using my Apple IPhone 6 Plus and haven't had any drop out so far. Using other third party transmitters I get plenty of drop outs. I haven't tried it with my laptops yet.

Works well with my iMac 27. Tried with iPad Air 1 and was better in the distance if I use it standing up in the cover as opposed to lying down.
RenaissanceGirl
Not Ranked
4 Posts
Bronze Member

That's a pity, mine is now working quite well, though I do have the occasional dropout when I "launch" my iPhone (if I'm listening on my MacBook), must send a spike in the bluetooth signal...

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
6,854 Posts
Founder
Six week waiting list for new orders Surprise

BeoNut since '75

Mikael
Top 500 Contributor
Denmark
135 Posts
Bronze Member

I ordered a pair of H8 (and H2) from my danish dealer the other day. Luckily they were both in stock. I'm not picking them up until next month though (the H2 is a present, so I don't want to give away any clues to what she's getting by bringing home the H8). 

Beoplay V1 with Beo4, Beolab 14.4 and ATV4/Chromecast.

Beoplay A2, A9, H2, H3, H8.

Chris Townsend
Top 50 Contributor
Corbridge, UK
2,931 Posts
Gold Member
elephant:

Six week waiting list for new orders BeoNut since '75

They've been for sale over the counter at the last three airports I visited!

Beovision 7-55 Mk2, Avant RF 28, Beolab 9,  Beolit 15,  Beoplay A1/A2, Beocom 2, Beotime, H3 ANC/H8/H6/H2, Form 2, Beoplay A3, Beovision 5-42 connected to a DVD1

BeoBoy68
Top 75 Contributor
FRANCE
1,233 Posts
Bronze Member
@ Chris

Did you buy one ?

Chris Townsend
Top 50 Contributor
Corbridge, UK
2,931 Posts
Gold Member
Not yet, my hair isn't long enoughSad

Beovision 7-55 Mk2, Avant RF 28, Beolab 9,  Beolit 15,  Beoplay A1/A2, Beocom 2, Beotime, H3 ANC/H8/H6/H2, Form 2, Beoplay A3, Beovision 5-42 connected to a DVD1

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
6,854 Posts
Founder
Chris Townsend:

They've been for sale over the counter at the last three airports I visited! Beovision 7-55 Mk2, Beovision 8-32, Avant RF 28, Beolab 8000, Beolit 12, Beoplay A2, Beocom 2, Beotime, H6, Form 2.

I'll try my (h)airport tomorrow

BeoNut since '75

BeoBoy68
Top 75 Contributor
FRANCE
1,233 Posts
Bronze Member
Chris Townsend:

Not yet, my hair isn't long enough.

Big Smile LOL Yes - thumbs up
Page 17 of 44 (658 items) « First ... < Previous 15 16 17 18 19 Next > ... Last » | RSS