Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Click here to tell us about your new email address

Beoplay H8

rated by 0 users
Answered (Verified) This post has 3 verified answers | 653 Replies | 17 Followers

Emil Jensen
Top 500 Contributor
Denmark
127 Posts
Bronze Member
Emil Jensen posted on Tue, Jan 6 2015 6:21 PM

Beoplay H8

Beolab 20, Beolab 17, Transmitter 1

Answered (Verified) Verified Answer

leogoeswild
Top 50 Contributor
Helsinki, Finland
1,360 Posts
Gold Member
Verified by ellesofia

My H6´s just went on my local selling site :P

riverstyx
Top 75 Contributor
Exeter, Devon, UK
876 Posts
Gold Member
Verified by k3wt

k3wt:

Would it be possible to use H7 ear pads on the H8?

Hi k3wt,

No, they are not interchangeable, I tried this on a pair in store a while ago.

Kind Regards,

Martin.

Roger
Top 200 Contributor
Norway
239 Posts
Bronze Member
Answered (Verified) Roger replied on Mon, Feb 1 2016 4:32 PM
Verified by Mirzoni

This just in from Struer:

Bluetooth reception improvements have been implemented in production from serial number:
Gray Hazel: serial number 2524849 (w1542), and
Argilla Bright: serial number 25120775 (w1543).
BeoPlay H8 Black and Natural are per definition OK from start with improved Bluetooth reception.
Anyone that can confirm this? For the rest of us, knowing that the receiver is in the right H8 cup should help a little (put the phone in the front right pocket, not the left one) - but it would be even better if they have actually solved the issue all together from these S/N´s.
Roger

All Replies

leogoeswild
Top 50 Contributor
Helsinki, Finland
1,360 Posts
Gold Member
That was one quite kid Big Smile
Scuttlebroom
Not Ranked
London
12 Posts
Bronze Member

I got this one and it works great!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Kinivo-BTD-400-Bluetooth-Energy-Adapter/dp/B007Q45EF4

chris8535
Not Ranked
5 Posts
Bronze Member

Picked up a set of H8's this weekend for the my constantly flights.  These are really exceptional headphones.  A pleasantly neutral, but still very warm response, perfect mids, and a exceptionally wide stage.  

Bluetooth is a little finicky on re-connecting on the iPhone 6, but i think this is more of an OS problem.

Excellent cans and well worth the premium.  Now the problem is my girlfriend is dying for the rose gold versions for herself :)

Aussie Michael
Top 50 Contributor
Melbourne, AU
2,216 Posts
Gold Member
However the rose gold ones are H6 and not H8. So if Bluetooth is not an issue and she's happy to use the lead then it's all good Big Smile
elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
6,787 Posts
Founder
@chris ....

I don't understand the problem

Treasure and nurture the passion

And you might be as lucky as the other Chris whose wife wants BL5s in their bedroom !

BeoNut since '75

leogoeswild
Top 50 Contributor
Helsinki, Finland
1,360 Posts
Gold Member
Aussie Michael:

I'd go the H8 for the noise cancelling.

I have now been flying with both, and I agree. The noise canceling is a killer future! The H6 wins on comfort, tho. I can wear them for many, many hours without adjusting them. Almost don't notice them.

But bluetooth is the future.
BillC
Top 500 Contributor
96 Posts
Bronze Member
BillC replied on Tue, Apr 7 2015 12:20 AM
I tried my H8 over the long weekend and there were massive number of drop out. Luckily I tried using another receiver paired to the same Bluetooth transmitter and there was constant drop outs too. The only difference was that the other receiver will manage to get lock back after the drop outs whereas the H8 will lose connection totally after a number of drop outs.

Btw I was at home in my bedroom at night and we only have one wifi network.

From my H8 unit/situation it looks like it's not B&O fault. I'm now looking for a better transmitter for my tv

Mikael
Top 500 Contributor
Denmark
133 Posts
Bronze Member

The new iOS update to 8.3 should improve Bluetooth performance. Looking forward to hearing about any changes in real life performance with the H8 :)

Beoplay V1 with Beo4, Beolab 14.4 and ATV4/Chromecast.

Beoplay A2, A9, H2, H3, H8.

danielh
Not Ranked
11 Posts
Bronze Member
danielh replied on Thu, Apr 16 2015 10:17 PM

Bought these, here the other day.

Can`t say that I`m impressed when you consider the price.

Bluetooth is not good. Stuttering occurs even when I`m relatively close to the phone. I have used bluetooth much so I know it`s not supposed to be like this. 

When I walk i will get noise in the headphones when i put the foot down a little to hard. NC is picking up the sound or something.(Normal walking) I have used QC15 for a few years so i know it is possible to  do this better!

The headset is also very top heavy so it falls of the head easy. Not a good thing on something you are wearing when you are travelling. Does anybody have an easy fix for this? Beside gel in my hair Stick out tongue

Positive : I like the sound very much. NC is working good. Used to Bose QC and I don`t complain. Big Smile And it is so nice to get rid of the cable!

Will continue to use it for a few weeks, but I might return it and maybe wait for an updated version.

AnalogPlanet
Top 150 Contributor
Zagreb, Croatia
348 Posts
Gold Member

Interestingly enough, H8 Gray Hazel stock in one Austrian electronic retailer is our of stock - available again starting from week 23 (first week of June).

Maybe that points towards an updated batch? Retailers normally replenish their stock dynamically, and if they sell something out for sure they get more in stock before they are out - unless... :) *hopeful*

leogoeswild
Top 50 Contributor
Helsinki, Finland
1,360 Posts
Gold Member
I am waiting for my replacements. They would be a valuable late in April. Hoping it will be an updated version.
AnalogPlanet
Top 150 Contributor
Zagreb, Croatia
348 Posts
Gold Member

First of all - I do hope your replacement H8 works excellent without dropouts (also: please update us on it).

Actually, I can't wait to buy them but I just can't go through the frustration of returns etc. :(

Michael
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
1,806 Posts
Bronze Member

I still have my original H8´s and I think they might be working a little better with iOS 8.3 but it might very well be a result of the better weather this time of the year. I am not sure. I still get drop outs and I get dropouts quite often from my Mac (when Im sitting with it in my lap).

I am supposed to send them to B&O, and I will do that but I don't want to be without them altogether either.

I do have my H6, H3 and EarSet 3i, form 2 etc but they all have cables and once you get used to not having one.. 

Mark
Top 75 Contributor
London
1,035 Posts
Gold Member
Mark replied on Thu, Apr 23 2015 1:54 PM

in support of H8's

we tend to forget there is more to design than designing.

danielh
Not Ranked
11 Posts
Bronze Member
danielh replied on Sun, May 24 2015 11:15 PM

The bluetooth is driving me crazy. Diconnects all the time. Will it be possible to update the firmware or do I need to get a new pair? Are there a new batch with good bluetooth software/hardware?

Page 16 of 44 (654 items) « First ... < Previous 14 15 16 17 18 Next > ... Last » | RSS