Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Click here to tell us about your new email address

Beoplay H8

rated by 0 users
Answered (Verified) This post has 3 verified answers | 657 Replies | 17 Followers

Emil Jensen
Top 500 Contributor
Denmark
131 Posts
Bronze Member
Emil Jensen posted on Tue, Jan 6 2015 6:21 PM

Beoplay H8

Beolab 20, Beolab 17, Transmitter 1

Answered (Verified) Verified Answer

leogoeswild
Top 50 Contributor
Helsinki, Finland
1,382 Posts
Bronze Member
Verified by ellesofia

My H6´s just went on my local selling site :P

riverstyx
Top 75 Contributor
Exeter, Devon, UK
885 Posts
Gold Member
Verified by k3wt

k3wt:

Would it be possible to use H7 ear pads on the H8?

Hi k3wt,

No, they are not interchangeable, I tried this on a pair in store a while ago.

Kind Regards,

Martin.

Roger
Top 200 Contributor
Norway
247 Posts
Bronze Member
Answered (Verified) Roger replied on Mon, Feb 1 2016 4:32 PM
Verified by Mirzoni

This just in from Struer:

Bluetooth reception improvements have been implemented in production from serial number:
Gray Hazel: serial number 2524849 (w1542), and
Argilla Bright: serial number 25120775 (w1543).
BeoPlay H8 Black and Natural are per definition OK from start with improved Bluetooth reception.
Anyone that can confirm this? For the rest of us, knowing that the receiver is in the right H8 cup should help a little (put the phone in the front right pocket, not the left one) - but it would be even better if they have actually solved the issue all together from these S/N´s.
Roger

All Replies

leogoeswild
Top 50 Contributor
Helsinki, Finland
1,382 Posts
Bronze Member

I am going to Krabi, Thailand on Saturday. Will be a 20 hour journey. H6 or H8 that is the question..

Michael
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
1,858 Posts
Bronze Member
tobeyone:

Just had a 2 1/2 hour flight with my new H8's that I received on Tuesday. Really good. Comfortable. No dropouts from my iPhone. Very happy customer again!!

Not a lot of disturbing signals etc in an airplane. So not surprising.
Dave
Top 500 Contributor
120 Posts
Bronze Member
Dave replied on Thu, Apr 2 2015 11:07 PM

Michael:

Haha yes. Well I had the same thought but I like the look of them on my head actually. But I could do without the gold. Probably getting the darker ones to play it safe. If any. I don't really need more headphones but I swear everyday about the damn cables :D. 

Don't think battery life will be better on my iphone with wireless headphones tough. But I am curious, perhaps the battery life won't be affected much. I mean having to send the audio over bluetooth instead of amplifying it - perhaps it takes the same amour of energy, perhaps even less.. 

Which colour did you go for Michael?

Stan
Top 150 Contributor
332 Posts
Bronze Member
Stan replied on Fri, Apr 3 2015 3:52 AM

leosgonewild:

I am going to Krabi, Thailand on Saturday. Will be a 20 hour journey. H6 or H8 that is the question..

Although I don't have any H8's yet to compare (waiting and waiting and waiting on the darker ones), I can say I am somewhat disappointed in the performance of my H6s on a plane.  Maybe if you're flying 1st class on a jumbo jet, they'd be OK.  Back in coach on a 767 (and smaller), enough of the drone comes through that you might as well be listening to mediocre headphones.  I went back to my in-ear yamaha's for air travel because they sound better (to me) because they block more of the noise and are easier to carry.  Still really like the H6s at my desk or other reasonably quiet areas, but noise cancelling, they are not.

Stan

Aussie Michael
Top 50 Contributor
Melbourne, AU
2,386 Posts
Gold Member
leosgonewild:

I'd go the H8 for the noise cancelling.

AnalogPlanet
Top 150 Contributor
Zagreb, Croatia
354 Posts
Gold Member

Btw:  I am curious how comfortable H8 feel for those who wear glasses? (...completely forgot on that aspect).

Scuttlebroom
Not Ranked
London
12 Posts
Bronze Member

Well I am a glasses wearer, and I have purchased a pair of H8's (the Agrilla Brights, as they were the last pair Hanover Square in London had!) and they are OK to wear, but after a while they do become noticble, and I simply re-adjust them.  I poppoed into the Nrompton Road store trying to get the brown Peak bag and stand from Hard Graft (finally manged to get one from BeoPlay website and they look amazing!) and they asked how I was getting used to them,and I likended it to breaking in a pair of good quality shoes, which is working for me.  I wear them for around an hour or so before my ears get warm and I need to readjust and rub my ears.  One note of caution, if you are like me and swap your galsses for presription sungalsses, be carweful when removing the glasses, as they tend to get stuck, I have to remove the H8's first, then swap glasses/sunglasses, as I nearly dropped the H8's! In conclusion, I wouldn't go back to any normal headphones, they make everything I listen too (music, audio books, TV) much richer and I am not contstantly pushing in ear headphones back into my ears, as they tend to slip out all the time.

I have noticed the BT dropouts, but only when using my Moto G which has Lollipop 5.02 and I thoink it is more of an issue with that versuion as other Moto G Lollipo users have said that after they upgraded to Lollipop from KitKat, they noticed that BT dropdded out a lot, no matter what device they were trying to connect to.  If i use the H8's with my Win 8.1 laptop with a Kinivo BT 4.0 USB dongle I get no droputs at all from the H8's or if used with a 1st Gen Tesco Hudl, and a Samsung Galaxy tab on Kitkat.  I am hoping that when Moto finally ugdate to lollipop 5.1 howpfully next week, they BT issue will go away!  All I do when it happens, is stop playing music, and close the app (google music) and restart, and the dropouts stop.

I am also waiting for the BT adapter that is being brought out to let me use the H8's with my BV3 32" and my LG TV, hopefully next week they will be in B&O stores in London.

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
9,053 Posts
Bronze Member

Scuttlebroom:

I am also waiting for the BT adapter that is being brought out to let me use the H8's with my BV3 32" and my LG TV, hopefully next week they will be in B&O stores in London.

Which BT adapter....in B&O stores?

Could you be a bit more specific?

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

Scuttlebroom
Not Ranked
London
12 Posts
Bronze Member

Well apparently a non B&O technical guy has come up with an adapter that plugs into the headphone socket that allows the H8's to work in Bluetooth mode.  I can't remember the name of the person or company that are making the adapter, but Hanover Square (they first told me about it), Brompton Road and Harrods branches mentioned it, and they said it was due in April this year, as they have been testing it on both non bluetoothed B&O equipment and non B&O equipment.  I did ask Harrods if they knew the cost, and they said around £35.

I did email Hanover Squatre to ask them to advise me when it is in stock, and i will keep chasing them, propbaly toward the end of next week, and i wiull post details here pf how you cna hold of it!

It means I cna get both my BV3 32" and LG TV to use the H8's in Bluetooth mode, as I have a Bletooth dongle on my LG TV for their magic remote, but it doesn't see the H8's!

Stan
Top 150 Contributor
332 Posts
Bronze Member
Stan replied on Sat, Apr 4 2015 12:02 AM
In my experience, bt and video do not work well together. Bt causes a delay which makes the words out of sync with the pictures. This has nothing to do with the H8, but applies to all bt devices that I have used.
leogoeswild
Top 50 Contributor
Helsinki, Finland
1,382 Posts
Bronze Member
10-hour flight from Oslo to Bangkok, and I get a 2-year old next to me. This will be the most extreme test of the H8's ever!

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
9,053 Posts
Bronze Member

Looking forward to the results of that test Travel

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

Scuttlebroom
Not Ranked
London
12 Posts
Bronze Member

Well I have used the H8's on my laptop via a BT adapter and they wprk pr=erfectky for video, and no sync issues, and they also work of I miracast my laptop to my LG tv the sound os synced perfectly to the LG tv.

Duspin
Not Ranked
21 Posts
Bronze Member

Great!  What BT adapter did you use?

Aussie Michael
Top 50 Contributor
Melbourne, AU
2,386 Posts
Gold Member
leosgonewild:

10-hour flight from Oslo to Bangkok, and I get a 2-year old next to me. This will be the most extreme test of the H8's ever!

At least you'll have some more reasonable conversation with a 2 year old than some others Big Smile

Safe flight Leo.

Happy Songkran

The weather will change a little now from when I was in Thailand a few weeks ago.
Page 15 of 44 (658 items) « First ... < Previous 13 14 15 16 17 Next > ... Last » | RSS