Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Amazing choice of pre-owned Bang and Olufsen

Got a problem with the Forum?
then please email me at keith@beoworld.org with details

Click here to change your Beoworld Account Details

Beoplay H8

rated by 0 users
Answered (Verified) This post has 3 verified answers | 661 Replies | 18 Followers

Emil Jensen
Top 500 Contributor
Denmark
160 Posts
Bronze Member
Emil Jensen posted on Tue, Jan 6 2015 6:21 PM

Beoplay H8

Beolab 20, Beolab 17, Transmitter 1

Answered (Verified) Verified Answer

leogoeswild
Top 50 Contributor
Helsinki, Finland
1,423 Posts
Bronze Member
Verified by ellesofia

My H6´s just went on my local selling site :P

riverstyx
Top 75 Contributor
Exeter, Devon, UK
891 Posts
Gold Member
Verified by k3wt

k3wt:

Would it be possible to use H7 ear pads on the H8?

Hi k3wt,

No, they are not interchangeable, I tried this on a pair in store a while ago.

Kind Regards,

Martin.

Roger
Top 200 Contributor
Norway
276 Posts
Bronze Member
Answered (Verified) Roger replied on Mon, Feb 1 2016 4:32 PM
Verified by Mirzoni

This just in from Struer:

Bluetooth reception improvements have been implemented in production from serial number:
Gray Hazel: serial number 2524849 (w1542), and
Argilla Bright: serial number 25120775 (w1543).
BeoPlay H8 Black and Natural are per definition OK from start with improved Bluetooth reception.
Anyone that can confirm this? For the rest of us, knowing that the receiver is in the right H8 cup should help a little (put the phone in the front right pocket, not the left one) - but it would be even better if they have actually solved the issue all together from these S/N´s.
Roger

All Replies

Peter the Biker
Top 100 Contributor
Eastwestfalia
787 Posts
Gold Member

WEIGHT
255 g for decimalists
2.4 lb for imperialists

funny typo ...

But the H8 is a nice surprise

Peter the biker

Chris Townsend
Top 50 Contributor
Badsey, UK
3,080 Posts
Gold Member
Very nice. World classYes - thumbs up

Beovision 7-55 Mk2, Avant RF 28, Beolab 5,  Beolit 15,  Beoplay A1/A2, Beocom 2, Beotime, H3 ANC/H8/H6/H2, Form 2, Beoplay A3, Beovision 5-42 connected to a DVD1

Rivenflush
Top 200 Contributor
Gothenburg
332 Posts
Bronze Member

Chris Townsend:
Very nice. World classYes - thumbs up

Second that, fabolous!

(100 EUR less would have been a better price point though IMHO)

My B&O products: Beosound 9000, Beosound 2300, Beosound Century, Beolab 8000, Beolab 6000, Beolab 4000 x2, Beolab 3500, Beolab 2000, Beolab 10, Beolink Active x2, Beotime, Beo5 x2, Beo4, A9 keyring x2, LC2 dimmer x6 and growing....

PhilLondon
Top 25 Contributor
London
3,591 Posts
Bronze Member

The touch gestures are a great idea, very cool.

Beoworld app with direct photo upload and emoticons. Other apps: ConsltThe Story Mouse

Paul W
Top 50 Contributor
London
1,810 Posts
Bronze Member

Very nice. The brown one looks great. Price is OK IF they perform well. Look at BEATS PRO they are £350 and I know of a lot of kids 18-21 who have saved their pennies for these.

If the H8 plays nicely with the iPhone i.e. the volume is loud enough, they could be on to a winner. I think they are very classy looking!

leogoeswild
Top 50 Contributor
Helsinki, Finland
1,423 Posts
Bronze Member
Verified by ellesofia

My H6´s just went on my local selling site :P

Chris Townsend
Top 50 Contributor
Badsey, UK
3,080 Posts
Gold Member
If they get the advertising etc done well, they'll sell masses of these. I even like the brown!

Every business class passenger on the planet should be sporting a pair of these. Brilliant

Beovision 7-55 Mk2, Avant RF 28, Beolab 5,  Beolit 15,  Beoplay A1/A2, Beocom 2, Beotime, H3 ANC/H8/H6/H2, Form 2, Beoplay A3, Beovision 5-42 connected to a DVD1

Sal
Top 75 Contributor
California, USA
1,128 Posts
Bronze Member
Sal replied on Tue, Jan 6 2015 7:07 PM

This is one of those products that makes me think.. why hasn't this been invented already?! (Apologies if there are already other companies with gesture based headphones out there, and I'm completely wrong.)

This seems extremely well executed, and I'll certainly want to try them out! Kudos B&O!

Paul W
Top 50 Contributor
London
1,810 Posts
Bronze Member

Yes I can see Emirates/Qatar offering these in business class! Someone at B&O needs to get these in the class airlines out there - what a marketing opportunity AND works both ways - it would be very good for the airlines too!

olvisab
Top 75 Contributor
1,287 Posts
Gold Member
If I can use a usb bluetooth aptX adapter for my bm5 and a jack adapter for my bv7, no doubt I will buy one in brown.

beolab 5, beolab 10, beolab 5000, beolab 8000 mk2, beolab 3500, IWS 2000, beovision 7 55 mk2,  beotime, beogram 7000 white mmc2, beosound ouverture, beosound essence and the collection continues...

Chris Townsend
Top 50 Contributor
Badsey, UK
3,080 Posts
Gold Member
They couldn't stock enough if them I tell you Paul. Ditch everything and just build those and the Moment. Really exciting

Puncher
Top 10 Contributor
Durham
11,217 Posts
Founder

I agree they look to be winners. Personally the ANC is more of an attraction than the wireless/bluetooth etc. I would expect the audio performance to be better than Bose headphones - the killer spec to make it a no-brainer is to out perform Bose at noise cancellation, they have managed to beat off all competitors to date!

Ban boring signatures!

SwedishBeoFan
Not Ranked
STOCKHOLM
7 Posts
Bronze Member

Wow these are really exciting! I will be lining up for a brown pair. I love Wagners designs. 

AnalogPlanet
Top 150 Contributor
Zagreb, Croatia
388 Posts
Gold Member

Brown is normally a color I don't even consider, but these brown H8s are classy and beautiful. Will buy for sure.

p.s. Thanks to Millemissen for hinting Bluetooth cans are in the pipeline. I love them! :)

Page 1 of 45 (662 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS