Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 106 Replies | 7 Followers

beolion
Top 200 Contributor
262 Posts
Bronze Member
beolion posted on Wed, Nov 5 2014 6:19 PM

Hi

It does not looks like we are going to get Spotify Connect for BS5 ;-(

However, does anyone know that the cheapest system is that I can get to have Spotify Connect?

I then want to attach the system to the USB interface of my BS5, so I dont need a Spotify Connect speaker.

Just like PM or Airport Express with audio out, just also including Spotify Connect.

Thanks.

All Replies

Stan
Top 150 Contributor
334 Posts
Bronze Member
Stan replied on Fri, Jun 26 2015 4:21 PM

How do you check the version of recovery?  I read about that problem so I have been treading very lightly because I do't want to be stuck on an old version.

Thanks,

Stan

BeoMotion
Top 150 Contributor
336 Posts
Bronze Member

You can see this within the "normal" service menu (not the windows desktop) under "product info". 

BM5-OS-IMAGE should be the initial / recovery software your BM5 was shipped with. This one is reinstalled if you perform a factory reset / recovery. 

Stan
Top 150 Contributor
334 Posts
Bronze Member
Stan replied on Wed, Jul 1 2015 12:16 AM

I successfully recovered my BS5, and then re-installed Spotify, and same result - Spotify crashes with no error shortly after logging in (I know it is logging in because when I supply a bogus userid/password, it fails to log in).

However, now that I had a safety net (because recovery worked), I started randomly clicking the .exe files in the Spotify install directory (Spotify.exe, SpotifyLauncher.exe, WebHelper.exe, etc.), and it started working.  I tried a number of times to find the reproduceable sequence of .exe clicks, and I couldn't get there except by just kind of clicking around until it worked.  Kind of a pain, but, what the heck, it works!!! Big Smile  (after I remembered to turn off audio master which is what it defaulted to after the recovery).  I think my BS5 reboots every Sunday night so I may have to repeat these steps weekly, but we'll see.

Thanks for the help BeoMotion (and the others earlier in this thread).

I was streaming from an iPhone via an Airport express, but the coverage was spotty in the back yard.  Hopefully, this will work better.

Stan

BeoMotion
Top 150 Contributor
336 Posts
Bronze Member

Great that you got it working finally and letting us know your solution. :-)
Indeed a strange behavior and I really don't know why...

Stan:
I was streaming from an iPhone via an Airport express, but the coverage was spotty in the back yard.  Hopefully, this will work better.

Should be much better and much more responsive. The only back draw you have compared to a "real" CONNECT device like the A9 is that controlling the desktop client is only possible from within your local network and not via 3G. But even on a bad wifi network it works flawlessly. 

BR,
BeoMotion. 

lano
Top 500 Contributor
157 Posts
Bronze Member
lano replied on Thu, Jul 2 2015 9:38 AM
When I tried Spotify connect the BS5 turn of after a while (30 min?). Is this due to no input on AUX or what it something else?
BeoMotion
Top 150 Contributor
336 Posts
Bronze Member

lano:
When I tried Spotify connect the BS5 turn of after a while (30 min?). Is this due to no input on AUX or what it something else?

Okay, this is something I only had with a BeoMedia and the N.Music source where I pressed STOP to prevent hearing CD and spotify at the same time.
Can you confirm that you are using the A.AUX source on your BS/BM5 combo?

lano
Top 500 Contributor
157 Posts
Bronze Member
lano replied on Thu, Jul 2 2015 10:39 AM
Yes, but when I think about it this was when I only had a BM5 with the BS5 s/w activated. I will try again now when I also have a BS5.
Stan
Top 150 Contributor
334 Posts
Bronze Member
Stan replied on Thu, Jul 2 2015 11:29 PM

lano:

I've been having the same issue today.  If I didn't have A.AUX enabled (N.Music, Go, 2), then it would play normal N.Music, no?  The BS5 shows a "Paused" screen. 

My BS5 is NOT an audio master, but I don't know why this should matter (but sometimes it does). 

I think it happened to me last night when listening in my back yard, but I blamed it on my wireless1 (and it could have been my wireless1 which is sometimes spotty).

Stan

lano
Top 500 Contributor
157 Posts
Bronze Member
lano replied on Sat, Jul 4 2015 10:48 AM

I have now installed both Spotify and  Shairport4w on the BM5. Works really well, doesn't turn of and good sound quality.

I have a dedicated Spotify account on one of the iPads and the same account on the BM5 so easy to start and no conflict when away and using the private account.

Shairport4w makes it possible to stream AirPlay onto the ML/NL system (audiobooks etc).

MLGW and Beolink app gives me the possibility to start both Spotify and AirPlay in link rooms. I can also activate AUX on older Beolink passive and Beolab2000 via N.Music AUX in the MLGW. Everything controlled with an iPad😀

hackel
Not Ranked
19 Posts
Bronze Member
hackel replied on Sat, Jan 16 2016 10:48 AM

Thank you so much Beomotion !!

With your solution I can now control Spotify with my smartphone. Nothing else to do, I just have to Unblock the Exe file of Spotify (Property and Unblock), because nothing happen when I double clic on it.

It's working on any platform with Spotify (PC, Tablet, Smartphone).

And I don't need to re-program my Beo6, I already have the A.Aux at the second screen in all of my configuration.

It works perfectly and there is always the Beosound'Spotify choice but I don't think I'll use it now !!

YoBe
Not Ranked
2 Posts
Bronze Member
YoBe replied on Fri, Jun 17 2016 7:28 PM

Great, it works! I think B&O should make this information part of its user guides - the spotify app on the BM 5 is a real drag without the "connect"-functionality, I was close to returning my center to the shop to have it sold, quite happy with it again :-) Thanks, Beomotion

Trolle
Not Ranked
17 Posts
Bronze Member

Hi,

I tried to follow your suggestion but when I try to connect to google to download Crome, internet explorer tells me it can't connect to the internet (despite I know it is connected to the internet)??

Any suggestions, hints or tips?

BR

Trolle
Not Ranked
17 Posts
Bronze Member

Hi,

Please se ignore this post. I managed to install it through a USB stick and it works well. 

BR

Trolle
Not Ranked
17 Posts
Bronze Member

Hi,

Please se ignore this post. I managed to install it through a USB stick and it works well. 

BR

Trolle
Not Ranked
17 Posts
Bronze Member

Hi,

BR

Page 3 of 8 (107 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS