Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 106 Replies | 7 Followers

beolion
Top 200 Contributor
262 Posts
Bronze Member
beolion posted on Wed, Nov 5 2014 6:19 PM

Hi

It does not looks like we are going to get Spotify Connect for BS5 ;-(

However, does anyone know that the cheapest system is that I can get to have Spotify Connect?

I then want to attach the system to the USB interface of my BS5, so I dont need a Spotify Connect speaker.

Just like PM or Airport Express with audio out, just also including Spotify Connect.

Thanks.

All Replies

Beobuddy
Top 25 Contributor
Utrecht, The Netherlands
3,124 Posts
Founder

I wonder if there is some kind of workaround  to get Spotify Connect working on only a Beomaster 5. The BM 5 hasn't the A.Aux option or Spotify.

BeoMotion
Top 150 Contributor
336 Posts
Bronze Member

Hi,

in theory that should work on a standalone BM5, too.
You could use the N.MUSIC source and press the stop button before you start the spotify connect stream.  

The problem you might discover here is that your system will switch off automatically after some time since it thinks that nothing is played.
It could be possible that there is a value in the registry that can be changed to expand this auto-standby-timer.

There are a lot of changeable values and it might take some time to find the right one.
Only do this if you know what you are doing :-) 

You could also try the source A-PC (or PC + P.MUTE depending on your RC firmware). I don't know if the standby timer gets activated on this source too...

BR,
BeoMotion. 

lano
Top 500 Contributor
157 Posts
Bronze Member
lano replied on Mon, Dec 1 2014 7:01 PM
Beobuddy:

I wonder if there is some kind of workaround to get Spotify Connect working on only a Beomaster 5. The BM 5 hasn't the A.Aux option or Spotify.

It is possible, but you will have to change some registry values to make to BM5 software think you have a BS5 and set the BS5 software to start when you start the BM5. The you can activate a.aux with remote, MLGW or from a link room and use Spotify connect. Don't forget to turn up the volume on Spotify or else you will not hear any sound.
Beobuddy
Top 25 Contributor
Utrecht, The Netherlands
3,124 Posts
Founder

I remember your suggestion some time ago. It made my Beo6 work with showing covers.

But it became unstable. And if I remember correctly, there needs to be a second screen if you trigger the BS5 functioning, didn't it?

Stan
Top 150 Contributor
334 Posts
Bronze Member
Stan replied on Sat, May 9 2015 4:17 PM

Late to the party here...  

I'm considering adding Spotify Connect to my BS5, but I have a question about turning on A.AUX.  The BS5 is "slaved" to a BS9000.  Therefore, when I press A.AUX, it activates the BS9000's aux input.  Is there a way to active A.AUX on the BS5 (without making it an audio master)?

Also, are we quite sure that B&O isn't going to do this on their own?  Has the BS5 been "end of lifed" now that the Moment has been out a while?

thanks in advance,

Stan

riverstyx
Top 75 Contributor
Exeter, Devon, UK
885 Posts
Gold Member

Hi Stan,

Hope this helps.

Martin.

How do operate BeoSound 5 in a system with another audio system using Beo4?

When BeoSound 5 is set up in a system with another audio system (that is when AUDIO MASTER is set to NO on BeoSound 5), you can activate following sources using your Beo4 remote control:

• N.Music
  • Spotify (provided that you have an account)
  • A.AUX

How to active a source with Beo4 ...

Source
Beo4, type 162x
(with GO button)

Beo4, type 171x
(with navigation button)

N.Music
  • Press LIST until N.MUSIC
    is shown in the Beo4 display.
  • Press GO.
  • Press LIST until N.MUSIC is shown in the Beo4 display.
  • Press the centre button.
Spotify
  • Press GO.
  • Press 1.
  • Press 1.
  • Press Play.
A.AUX
  • Press GO.
  • Press 2.
  • Press 2.
  • Press Play.

Stan
Top 150 Contributor
334 Posts
Bronze Member
Stan replied on Mon, May 11 2015 8:27 PM

Thank you for this.  I guess I can proceed with Spotify Connect install..

Stan

Stan
Top 150 Contributor
334 Posts
Bronze Member
Stan replied on Tue, Jun 9 2015 11:58 PM

I finally found the time to do this, and it didn't work Angry.  

Spotify installs, but when it starts, it just disappears / crashes.  I believe it may have something to do with the fact that I use facebook athentication.  The first time Spotify runs, it asks for my credentials, and then it goes away.  When I try to use facebook authentication from the Spotify app, I get an error about not being able to reach the internet.  I tried using a deviceid / password, and that didn't work either.  

Question 1:  Has anybody tried this recently?  I'm wondering if the BS5 is too ancient for the recent Spotify app.

Question 2:  Does anybody know how to move from Facebook authentication to non-Facebook authentication, or have you made this work using Facebook authentication?

I just had a thought that facebook authentication may work if I make Chrome my default browser...  I will need to give this a try...

Thanks in advance,

Stan

Stan
Top 150 Contributor
334 Posts
Bronze Member
Stan replied on Wed, Jun 10 2015 12:24 AM

Bad news:  I installed the Spotify app on another computer and logged in with my deviceid/password, and it works fine.  I think this should eliminate any network security, firewall issues (since the BS5 is on the same network).  However, logging in with the deviceid/password on the BS5 results in the Spotify app crashing :(.

I'm open to suggestions.

Stan

PS - there was a post missing that was in moderation where I explain that I've followed the instructions in this thread, but it's not working.  The post is now visible.

nico vercammen
Top 500 Contributor
Elversele, Belgium
154 Posts
Gold Member
I have exactly the same problem... No solution found yet ...

Nico
BeoMotion
Top 150 Contributor
336 Posts
Bronze Member

Hi,

I just did a recovery on my BS/BM5 to find out whether I can reproduce this.

I downloaded the Spotify Windows installer on a normal PC and then transferred it via an USB stick to the BM5. 
After launching the installer on BM5 spotify was downloaded and installed properly.

I was able to sign in with my credentials and everything worked like before. Including CONNECT.
Everything is stable and no crashes but I have to add that I never used the facebook login function. Maybe this is the reason? 

BR,
BeoMotion. 

Stan
Top 150 Contributor
334 Posts
Bronze Member
Stan replied on Thu, Jun 18 2015 9:02 PM

Did you install Chrome on your BS5?  

That's the only difference I can think of that might matter.  There should be no difference in installing from a downloaded vs. ubs version of the install program.  A program is a program.  When I login using my deviceid and password, then facebook is not involved, yet still crashes.

I guess I will uninstall Chrome and try your installation approach.

Stan

Stan
Top 150 Contributor
334 Posts
Bronze Member
Stan replied on Thu, Jun 25 2015 11:02 PM

Tried uninstalling Chrome and installing Spotify via USB.  No luck Sad

Stan

Stan
Top 150 Contributor
334 Posts
Bronze Member
Stan replied on Thu, Jun 25 2015 11:02 PM

Stan

BeoMotion
Top 150 Contributor
336 Posts
Bronze Member

Stan:

Stan

That is strange.

I don't think that is has something to do with Chrome as I tried it with and without.

Maybe you want to try a recovery / factory reset of your BM5?
Before you do this, please make sure that your recovery is at least  version 5.00 or higher. Otherwise you will stuck on the old recovery version and no updates are possible. 

Page 2 of 8 (107 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS