Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 106 Replies | 7 Followers

beolion
Top 200 Contributor
271 Posts
Bronze Member
beolion posted on Wed, Nov 5 2014 6:19 PM

Hi

It does not looks like we are going to get Spotify Connect for BS5 ;-(

However, does anyone know that the cheapest system is that I can get to have Spotify Connect?

I then want to attach the system to the USB interface of my BS5, so I dont need a Spotify Connect speaker.

Just like PM or Airport Express with audio out, just also including Spotify Connect.

Thanks.

All Replies

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
9,813 Posts
Bronze Member

You mean something like this:

https://www.gramofon.com/

http://www.techly.com.au/2014/07/06/gramofon-stream-spotify-speaker-cheap-wifi-router/

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/fon/gramofon-modern-cloud-jukebox

Or just use the Essence-box Cool

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

beolion
Top 200 Contributor
271 Posts
Bronze Member

Yes, that looks more like it. Thanks.

And to that price, one can still wonder why BS5 can not handle Spotify Connect.

Besides the license most likely.

gysse2004
Top 500 Contributor
Hellerup
123 Posts
Bronze Member

Spotify Connect App for windows and Mac has been released in a Beta version, so it is definitely possible to run on a windows based machine. Big Smile

Peter

BeoMotion
Top 150 Contributor
364 Posts
Bronze Member

Hi,

I think that since yesterday the CONNECT feature is officially integrated in the normal Spotify desktop client.

Since BM5 is Windows based I had success to install that via service menu and use it in background via A.AUX.

Seams to work well as far as I can see.

So this is a solution that will actually cost you nothing and sounds much better than the USB interface with external hardware. But remember that you are doing this on your own risk!

BR,

BeoMotion. 

Fill out the BL Streaming Computer survey here: https://goo.gl/forms/vS5lMkybvQ5muXki2

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
9,813 Posts
Bronze Member

@BeoMotion

Does that mean that you'll have to switch to A.AUX manually?

What does the screen show - i guess just A.AUX, or?

MM

BeoMotion
Top 150 Contributor
364 Posts
Bronze Member

@MM

Yes, you have to switch to A.AUX manually and unfortunately you won't have any coverart since it has nothing to do with the BS5 software.

So it is similar to the "AirPlay mod" with shairport4W. 

If you are using the CONNECT feature you are already holding the spotify app in your hand and won't really need the BS5 display.

Of course an Essence might be better for this purpose but if you already have a BS5 this is a good compromise. Of course the sound is also available through ML... 

BR,
BeoMotion. 

Fill out the BL Streaming Computer survey here: https://goo.gl/forms/vS5lMkybvQ5muXki2

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
9,813 Posts
Bronze Member

What a waste of hardware and money to use a BS5 for that.

But if you already have that 'pretty thingy' hanging on the wall, I guess it is allright.

So thanks for the tip, anyway.

MM

beolion
Top 200 Contributor
271 Posts
Bronze Member
Hi

Great news, thanks. So you just need activate connect and and then a.aux and it plays?

What happens if you switch to radio? Will the connect on bm5 stop playing?

I am trying to understand how it works.

BeoMotion
Top 150 Contributor
364 Posts
Bronze Member

Hi,

I installed it on the following way:

- open service menu
- download Google Chrome since the IE seems to be too old for loading the Spotify HP
- download the Spotify windows client and log in with your account
- open the spotify preferences and activate MINIMIZED autostart, maximal playback quality and maybe disable HW acceleration (otherwise it may cause problems if shairport is also installed)
- CONNECT feature is automatically activated
-  leave the service menu

In fact it is running in background all the time and you will hear the music on all audio sources if you forgot to stop the CONNECT stream from your handheld. A.AUX is preferred since this is the only source where BS5 won't enter standby mode if no content was played during the last 10 minutes or so. (BS5 does not recognize that you play music through the "external" Spotify software...) 

So it is not a very "clean and perfect" solution but seams to work if you can live with this compromise.

BR,
BeoMotion.

claudiu
Top 500 Contributor
copenhagen
186 Posts
Bronze Member

It seems there are many of us who wish spotify connect to beosoun 5.

why not write an email to Bang Olufsen, to ask if this can not be so difficult now to introduce ??

lano
Top 500 Contributor
160 Posts
Bronze Member
lano replied on Sun, Nov 9 2014 2:16 PM
BeoMotion:

Hi,

I installed it on the following way:

- open service menu - download Google Chrome since the IE seems to be too old for loading the Spotify HP - download the Spotify windows client and log in with your account - open the spotify preferences and activate MINIMIZED autostart, maximal playback quality and maybe disable HW acceleration (otherwise it may cause problems if shairport is also installed) - CONNECT feature is automatically activated - leave the service menu

This worked fine for me also, nice to be able to browse music in Spotify and play it throughout the whole ML system.

With the Beolink app and MLGW I can also start A.Aux from every roomSmile

beolion
Top 200 Contributor
271 Posts
Bronze Member

Hmm, could be nice if this Spotify for PC update is what B&O has been waiting for in order to enable Connect on BS5......

OK, I am dreamning, and I will try to enable this woraround soon.

Thanks for the tip Yes - thumbs up

MircoHH
Top 500 Contributor
Germany
198 Posts
Bronze Member

Great Solution - It works!!!

Mabye B&O will implement the feature in the next OS Release :-)

beolion
Top 200 Contributor
271 Posts
Bronze Member

Just installed it, and it works perfect. Thanks a lot.

Now the BS5 has my own music collection in FLAC (CD), I have the radio (RADIO), I have the built in Spotify (using it for new and top albums only) (A.MEM), and with A.AUX I have Spotify connect, AirPlay (using a Behringer USB) and DNLA streaming (using Creation5).

Starting to be a pretty well featured media player for me at least.

All I need is a BS5 app to control all the stuff. = Nice to have. 

In addition, and maybe as the only one here, I use the BM5 to my TV for slideshow of all our pictures.  It streams perfect and is very fast in 1080p resolution.

Page 1 of 8 (107 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS