B&O Remote App + Beolink NL/ML Converter surprisingly controls ML Products

rated by 0 users
This post has 10 Replies | 2 Followers

beoaus
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 87
Founder
beoaus Posted: Fri, Jan 12 2018 9:15 AM

Much to my surprise today I have found that the B&O Remote controls all my main rooms ML products.

I recently installed a NL/ML converter to connect a Beovision Horizon to my ML sound sources. That is a BS9000, plus a BV7 which is acting as a master for video sources.

To my pleasant surprise the app now completely controls the BS9000 and the BV7 including the set top boxes connected, aux ports and standby.

I suppose this is old news to some. Though, on a search of the forum I found no reference. So I wondered if others were aware of this capability?

Beoaus.

Hiort
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
Posts 1,611
Gold Member
Hiort replied on Fri, Jan 12 2018 3:02 PM

When you say B&O Remote, do you in this context mean B&O app?

beoaus
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 87
Founder
beoaus replied on Fri, Jan 12 2018 10:00 PM
The apps name on my iPhone is BeoRemote...
beolion
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 295
Silver Member
beolion replied on Sat, Jan 13 2018 3:20 AM
Do you have the BLGW as well?
beoaus
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 87
Founder
beoaus replied on Sat, Jan 13 2018 5:44 AM

No BLGW at all. 

Within the "BeoRemote" app you simply select a source, mine are; TV,V.Mem,DVD2,DTV,DVD,DTV2,CAMERA,V.AUX2,PC,RADIO,A.MEM,N.MUSIC,CD,N.RADIO,A.AUX.

Then a simple menu structure with multiple pages are displayed to control the source above. This includes; volume, program control, coloured button control. I can change channels on the TV, record programs, listen to CD's etc.. In link rooms

Quite the find...

Additionally I can remove some of the unused sources or rename them via the converter. No Macros though.

Beoaus.

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
Posts 7,463
Founder
elephant replied on Sat, Jan 13 2018 6:24 AM
beoaus:

Much to my surprise today I have found that the B&O Remote controls all my main rooms ML products.

I recently installed a NL/ML converter to connect a Beovision Horizon to my ML sound sources. That is a BS9000, plus a BV7 which is acting as a master for video sources.

To my pleasant surprise the app now completely controls the BS9000 and the BV7 including the set top boxes connected, aux ports and standby.

I suppose this is old news to some. Though, on a search of the forum I found no reference. So I wondered if others were aware of this capability?

Beoaus.

My memory is fuzzy but I seem to have had this up some time .... and found it not so useful despite its simple interface.

So I am not surprised as you were ... except prompted by you I took a close look and found I can access my new Core and cause it to play Deezer on the BV8 very simply !!!

No ability to manipulate the contents of the playlist that is the role of the other App ... but to simply initiate background listening with a simple click it’s marvellous !!!

BeoNut since '75

beolion
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 295
Silver Member
beolion replied on Sat, Jan 13 2018 9:33 AM
Hi Beoaus

Thanks for the tip!

Yes - thumbs up

Leo
Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 10,003
Bronze Member

That is the good old BeoRemote app.

The sources from your NL and ML (mapped via the converter) will appear there, when you choose a source to control in the main screen.

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

Soren
Not Ranked
Denmark
Posts 35
Bronze Member
Soren replied on Sat, Jan 13 2018 10:49 AM

Is the speakers Connected to BV7 or BS9000? How did you set the NL/ML converter up... as v.slave?

Søren

Tomvdw
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 167
Founder
Tomvdw replied on Sat, Jan 13 2018 5:35 PM

As I just got my Converter today, I am very interested, how you´d set up the converter for using the remote app... So please more details...

Kind Regards

Tom

beoaus
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 87
Founder
beoaus replied on Sat, Jan 13 2018 9:52 PM

I set the converter up as A.Slave with mostly defaults configured, the simplest setup I needed to get started. Which includes mapping all the ML to NL commands. Speakers are connected to the BV7.

The converter needed a software upgrade as did the BS9000. For the BS9000 it was the N.Music or V2 upgrade as I know it. Without the upgrade a source on the TV needed to be selected within the app before CD or A.AUX was used, rather confusing.

I believe from what Elephant mentioned above (confirmed my thoughts), that in some cases you can send NL music sources into the ML network as well. In my case a google cast audio device worked on the line in feature of the converter, piped into the ML network. I don't have a NL audio system only a NL TV so far.

I also tried to use the Source Centre rather than the A.Slave setup on the converter. Though that was before the BS9000 upgrade and at that stage it was just one problem after the next.

My initial aim was to send selectable NL sources from the TV into the ML world and the reverse.

Lastly.

I also have the link TV feature (Video Distribution) working though it is rather clumsy and needs refinement. To do this....I created a channel on the Horizon (301) set to the link frequency. Then I turned on another ML linked TV to start the BV7 link modulator.  On the NL TV I selected channel 301 and used the BeoRemote App to change channels. 

Trust some of this is of interest.

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS