rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 18 Replies | 1 Follower

Llew_
Not Ranked
23 Posts
Bronze Member
Llew_ posted on Thu, Dec 28 2017 11:30 PM

Hi all

I'm wondering if you can help me, I have recently moved house and decided to ditch sky tv.... Sadly when I went to tune my bv10-46 in (mk2 with quite late s/w) it seems all options in the menu regarding tuning in the tv have disappeared! :( This leads me to believe the chassis has lost connection with, or is not seeing, the tuner module - Annoying! I checked error codes and there aren't any. All other functions work perfectly.

Is this a known issue? Does anyone know of a fix?

Any help appreciated as always :)

All Replies

Douglas
Not Ranked
Edinburgh & Essen, Germany
49 Posts
Bronze Member

So further to my reply I would become a silver member of BeoWorld and then download the service manual for the BV10,

Undo the screws of the screen, take it off, undo screws of cover at bottom of TV on a dining room table GOOD HEIGHT TO SEE

then Release the ic pin power cable to the main board, plug in without DVB board connected then check Menus

Remove power, plug in board connection again and check if the Mainboard now can see the DVB board 

Can be Bad main connection to main PCB

frog
Top 200 Contributor
Camberley UK
357 Posts
Founder
frog replied on Sat, Jan 13 2018 4:25 PM

Mine is a MK2, so it looks like it is a design fault. 

Keith Saunders
Top 25 Contributor
Little Ann, Hampshire, United Kingdom
5,058 Posts
Founder

frog:

Mine is a MK2, so it looks like it is a design fault. 

I would only restate my previous posting on this subject.

Back in October 2014 B&O reported to dealers that the problem you are reporting with not being able to see the DVB could occur if the 12 volt supply was low. Apparently, there was at that time quite a few power supply problems where the 12 volts would become low or fail completely.

So, the best way to determine if the problem you have is to get your B&O technician to measure with a multi-meter the 12 volt supply as shown in the diagram below. If the 12 volt supply is less than 11 volts the DVB will not work.

Regards Keith....

Llew_
Not Ranked
23 Posts
Bronze Member
Llew_ replied on Mon, Jan 15 2018 1:26 PM

Frog, Douglas - Thanks for posting, it's good to know I am not the only one with this issue :) 

Keith - That's really great info! I'll speak to my local B&O engineer and see if he can help me out... Sounds like it might be an easy fix if this is the case.

I'll report back with my findings when I get round to having a look!

Page 2 of 2 (19 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS