rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 18 Replies | 1 Follower

Llew_
Not Ranked
23 Posts
Bronze Member
Llew_ posted on Thu, Dec 28 2017 11:30 PM

Hi all

I'm wondering if you can help me, I have recently moved house and decided to ditch sky tv.... Sadly when I went to tune my bv10-46 in (mk2 with quite late s/w) it seems all options in the menu regarding tuning in the tv have disappeared! :( This leads me to believe the chassis has lost connection with, or is not seeing, the tuner module - Annoying! I checked error codes and there aren't any. All other functions work perfectly.

Is this a known issue? Does anyone know of a fix?

Any help appreciated as always :)

All Replies

Llew_
Not Ranked
23 Posts
Bronze Member
Llew_ replied on Tue, Jan 2 2018 9:29 PM

Can anyone help? I spoke to my local B&O dealer engineer who was all out of ideas. I've tried installing the latest dvb software but because the tv isn't seeing the module I can't carry out the update.

Does anyone have a guide to remove the rear panel etc? I am tempted to try and re-seat the tuner module and possibly check it for dry joints etc.

Douglas
Not Ranked
Edinburgh & Essen, Germany
49 Posts
Bronze Member

Hi a friend of mine has a BV10-46 which had exactly the same problem, we swapped out the main board

(eBay) if its on the option menu try switching DVB Tuner on and Off, perhaps a silly question but have you turned the DVB tuner on in the menu?

Yours D.C

Keith Saunders
Top 25 Contributor
Little Ann, Hampshire, United Kingdom
5,058 Posts
Founder

Llew_:
Does anyone have a guide to remove the rear panel etc? I am tempted to try and re-seat the tuner module and possibly check it for dry joints etc

I would be surprised if it is anything to do with the DVB tuner otherwise you would get errors listed in the Service Menu

The first step I would take would be to go into the Service Menu and then select DVB Service. Does it say "DVB Connected Yes"? If it does it means the microprocessor is seeing the the DVB

Regards Keith....

Keith Saunders
Top 25 Contributor
5,058 Posts
Founder

Assuming step 1 is OK, then I would as if when you removed the Sky Box did you deselect the port used by it to None in the connections setting?

Regards Keith....

Llew_
Not Ranked
23 Posts
Bronze Member
Llew_ replied on Wed, Jan 10 2018 9:29 PM

Hi Keith, thanks for the reply and advice :)

I can't see a separate DVB menu in the service mode, however when you go into the monitor info part (I can't remember the exact name for it, but it's the bit with the serial numbers etc listed) it says something like:

DVB HD: - (or NA or something)

I can take a photo and upload tomorrow. I've been through all the menus regards connnections etc and there isn't anything I've changed or deactivated. Also there is no option to select tuner type or do anything relating to the tuner or DVB. Does this help? I can take some sequential screen shots of the menus if you'd like?

Rob.B
Top 500 Contributor
Melbourne
200 Posts
Gold Member
Rob.B replied on Thu, Jan 11 2018 2:55 AM

the TV definitely has the DVB module? has it worked in the past or purely just used sky?

Llew_
Not Ranked
23 Posts
Bronze Member
Llew_ replied on Thu, Jan 11 2018 4:51 PM

Yep, it's definitely installed and was working...

Keith Saunders
Top 25 Contributor
5,058 Posts
Founder

When you removed the Sky Box did you reassign the connection port from DTV?

Regards Keith....

Llew_
Not Ranked
23 Posts
Bronze Member
Llew_ replied on Thu, Jan 11 2018 8:50 PM

Possibly!

Llew_
Not Ranked
23 Posts
Bronze Member
Llew_ replied on Thu, Jan 11 2018 8:52 PM

Internal tuner was already disabled and Sky was assigned to TV... I have since done a factory reset which I thought would cure it but no joy so far :)

Keith Saunders
Top 25 Contributor
5,058 Posts
Founder

Llew_:

I can't see a separate DVB menu in the service mode, however when you go into the monitor info part (I can't remember the exact name for it, but it's the bit with the serial numbers etc listed) it says something like:

DVB HD: - (or NA or something)

In my view based on your answers so far I would say that either:-

1. The DVB software has been corrupted or erased somehow
  2. The 12 volts supplying the DVB from the main chassis is missing or below 11 volts

In the "Service Menu" the DVB should be shown as in the diagram below. if it does not show this, then my first check would be to test the 12 volts on pins 1 & 2 of J8 on the DVB board. You will need to get the help of a technician at your B&O dealer to perform this test.

Assuming the 12 volts is OK then I would do a forced software update.

Regards Keith....

Llew_
Not Ranked
23 Posts
Bronze Member
Llew_ replied on Fri, Jan 12 2018 11:07 AM

Thanks for the detailed info Keith :) 

I have uploaded a picture of my service menu so you can have a look... It doesn't seem to recognise there is a tuner fitted. Do you think if I get the local B&O engineer to do a forced software update it might help? Would this be tuner board or main chassis? 

frog
Top 200 Contributor
Camberley UK
354 Posts
Founder
frog replied on Fri, Jan 12 2018 4:42 PM

If it helps, I get the same on my BV10. I switched off the DvB and TV tuner when I got the tv so I could assign a different source to the tv button - now I can’t get to the TV tuner menu again. I don’t think that it is a hardware fault as both out TVs exhibit the same situation.

you should be able to get to the TV menu by hitting TV, then MENU, highlighting Options then GO, but I can’t get the menu to come up,when TV is selected - even from power off.

puzzling.

Douglas
Not Ranked
Edinburgh & Essen, Germany
49 Posts
Bronze Member

Hi, this is exactly what happened to my friends BV10-46, the DVB Module was switched off in the Menu when we tried to activate it in the Menu it was no longer recognized .

By the way this was a MK1 BV10-46 which was inspected by a B&O Technician who tried a few times to reinstall/update Mainboard Software without success, the MB functioned fine but didn’t recognize the DVB Board.

Yours Douglas 

Page 1 of 2 (19 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS