Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Amazing choice of pre-owned Bang and Olufsen

Got a problem with the Forum?
then please email me at keith@beoworld.org with details

Click here to change your Beoworld Account Details

Connecting my Beolab 8000 speakers to a non B&O TV

rated by 0 users
Answered (Not Verified) This post has 0 verified answers | 2 Replies | 1 Follower

honeydubrovsky
Not Ranked
1 Posts
Bronze Member
honeydubrovsky posted on Tue, Nov 14 2017 5:09 PM

Hi There,

I have a pair of Beolab 8000 speakers that i would like to connect to my pioneer Elite TV. I tried to connect them using some standard RCA cables - going from TV audio outputs to the 'line' output on the speakers. Good news and Bad News. The good news is the speakers worked. The bad news is that the volume was at full capacity and almost blew my house down! The remote I have for the TV did not affect the speaker volume. 

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to make this work?

Thanks!!!

All Replies

svinaik
Top 500 Contributor
121 Posts
Bronze Member
svinaik replied on Tue, Nov 14 2017 11:57 PM

Try Almando Box. (www.Almando.com)

Steve at Sounds Heavenly
Top 100 Contributor
The cable workshop, Leics, UK
751 Posts
Gold Member

Hi honeydubrovsky,

Welcome to Beoworld!  The only way to connect the speakers directly to your TV is to use the headphone socket on the TV, as this is the only socket where the volume of the sound can be controlled.  You can connect a pair of Beolab 8000 speakers to the headphone socket of your TV using this cable:-

http://soundsheavenly.com/line-in-connection/77--trs-2rca-.html 

Please set both speakers to "Line" mode using the small switch next to the input sockets.

If the TV doesn't have a headphone socket, please let us know, as there is an alternative option using the optical output of the TV by adding a Beoplay S8 Connection Hub (£149 GBP from your local B&O dealer) to allow the speakers to be connected.  Please ask if you would like more details of how to connect the speakers via the Connection Hub.

Kind regards, Steve.

Steve.

www.soundsheavenly.com

Sounds Heavenly are proud to sponsor the BeoWorld forums!

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS