FOR SALE!! (If the items can be removed from the wall)- Beo***

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 13 Replies | 0 Followers

proggytim2
Not Ranked
8 Posts
Bronze Member
proggytim2 posted on Thu, Nov 9 2017 6:03 PM

I'm just wondering if anyone would be interested in purchasing a second-hand Beo*** and a Beo***. I'm trying to figure out getting these things off the wall and finding the time to do it and would be selling if able to do so. The items belong to a family friend who no longer needs them and she said if I could remove them from the wall I can sell them.

I've seen it working in the last couple of weeks or so, and as far as I know it works as normal. The *** works also.

So I'm just putting out feelers to see how desirable something like this might be.

EDIT by Dillen

All Replies

Dillen
Top 10 Contributor
Copenhagen / Denmark
9,647 Posts
Founder

We kindly ask for a minimum membership level of silver to place sales and wanted ads.
Your support will be appreciated.

Martin     

proggytim2
Not Ranked
8 Posts
Bronze Member

Martin/ Dillen, 

I was surprised and disappointed to see you have edited my post and I can't see that it is legal for you to do that. Stopping people from communicating- how can that be legal!? Firstly, I don't think that rule exists as part of the website so it seems you are doing this as part of your own preference. Do not unjustly subject me to your Nazism.

You say your preference is for people to be silver members before advertising sales. I'm not sure how much activity is needed to achieve silver membership but I am not a person who has ever owned anything bang & olufsen and needed to be on a forum about it, and being a person who isn't likely to be able to afford any b & o stuff I'm not likely to be able to achieve silver membership. My friend who owns the items said to me to check out the website for advice on removing the items and to see if anyone would be interested in purchasing. I thought the b& o enthusiasts would appreciate the opportunity.

This is a genuine enquiry and is not dodgy in any way. My friends want the items removed and said if I removed them I could try and sell them.

So please remove your edit from my post so that I can communicate with any interested parties.

Proggytim2.

Chris Townsend
Top 50 Contributor
Badsey, UK
3,082 Posts
Gold Member

May I suggest you remove the allegation of “nazism” from your duplicated post.

Beovision 7-55 Mk2, Avant RF 28, Beolab 5,  Beolit 15,  Beoplay A1/A2, Beocom 2, Beotime, H3 ANC/H8/H6/H2, Form 2, Beoplay A3, Beovision 5-42 connected to a DVD1

Dillen
Top 10 Contributor
Copenhagen / Denmark
9,647 Posts
Founder
Dillen replied on Fri, Nov 10 2017 5:32 PM

proggytim2:

Martin/ Dillen, 

I was surprised and disappointed to see you have edited my post and I can't see that it is legal for you to do that. Stopping people from communicating- how can that be legal!? Firstly, I don't think that rule exists as part of the website so it seems you are doing this as part of your own preference. Do not unjustly subject me to your Nazism.

You say your preference is for people to be silver members before advertising sales. I'm not sure how much activity is needed to achieve silver membership but I am not a person who has ever owned anything bang & olufsen and needed to be on a forum about it, and being a person who isn't likely to be able to afford any b & o stuff I'm not likely to be able to achieve silver membership. My friend who owns the items said to me to check out the website for advice on removing the items and to see if anyone would be interested in purchasing. I thought the b& o enthusiasts would appreciate the opportunity.

This is a genuine enquiry and is not dodgy in any way. My friends want the items removed and said if I removed them I could try and sell them.

So please remove your edit from my post so that I can communicate with any interested parties.

Proggytim2.

Seriously, you are not telling a forum moderator what the forum rules are?
- And tell him to undo something?

And "my preferences"? - Eh?

We have rules in this forum - as in any other forum.

Your post is, in effect, a sales ad. Supported by your own mentioning of "interested parties".
For privates sales we have a dedicated forum subsection, and as I stated above, before you called me names, we kindly ask for a minimum
membership level of silver to place sales ads.
Your communication with "interested parties" can take place there - you will gain access by upgrading.
Who or what you are and whether or not your item is attractive to Beoworlders or not, and regardless of my preferences (which BTW is quite
non-existing for the item you offered), the rules are the same.

Silver and gold membership levels are not something you need to work your way to - it's merely a matter of supporting the site.

We ask very little for what we provide - if you ask me.

Martin

JC
Top 100 Contributor
West Yorkshire
743 Posts
Founder
JC replied on Fri, Nov 10 2017 7:12 PM

proggytim2 

Ebay is your route sir!!!

proggytim2
Not Ranked
8 Posts
Bronze Member

Martin/ Dillen,

My use of the word 'nazism' may have been badly chosen in these politically correct times but one of the descriptions of 'nazism' is "extreme authoritarian behaviour" and that's what it feels like when a total stranger edits/censors a person's posts. It would be better if you explained your thinking before charging in like a bull in a china shop and censoring people. The word was used in loose terminology of our little situation and not in the German nazism of the 1930s and 40s sense. I do apologise though if this word is hurtful to you but it was used in the general way people use it these days in their own situations.

Yes, I thought people on this site would be interested in obtaining B & O products and, as you say, there is somewhere on the site I can make this kind of post so thanks for letting me know that.

I'm wondering how then a person upgrades their membership. You said in one of your replies: "Silver and gold membership levels are not something you need to work your way to - it's merely a matter of supporting the site. We ask very little for what we provide - if you ask me." - Are you referring to spending money in order to upgrade membership?

Proggytim2.

proggytim2
Not Ranked
8 Posts
Bronze Member

JC,

Thanks for your reply and suggestion. Ebay was one of the sale options I was considering, if I can get the items off the wall, but, as I said in my post, I thought I might try you enthusiasts on this website. I know now there is a sales subsection as part of this site as well. 

Thanks again, Bye.

Guy
Top 75 Contributor
Bucharest, Romania
1,119 Posts
Gold Member
Guy replied on Sat, Nov 11 2017 7:35 PM

Hi Tim,

Perhaps have a look here:  http://forum.beoworld.org/Help.htm?siteurl=forums.forumshome

And click on the 'What are the different membership levels?' link.

I can't remember the cost, but you'll find it somewhere!

Guy

Guy
Top 75 Contributor
Bucharest, Romania
1,119 Posts
Gold Member
Guy replied on Sat, Nov 11 2017 7:40 PM

It took a bit of finding (it's been a while!) but have a look here: https://www.beoworld.org/what.asp

Dillen
Top 10 Contributor
Copenhagen / Denmark
9,647 Posts
Founder
Dillen replied on Sat, Nov 11 2017 7:46 PM

proggytim2:

Martin/ Dillen,

My use of the word 'nazism' may have been badly chosen in these politically correct times but one of the descriptions of 'nazism' is "extreme authoritarian behaviour" and that's what it feels like when a total stranger edits/censors a person's posts. It would be better if you explained your thinking before charging in like a bull in a china shop and censoring people. The word was used in loose terminology of our little situation and not in the German nazism of the 1930s and 40s sense. I do apologise though if this word is hurtful to you but it was used in the general way people use it these days in their own situations.

Yes, I thought people on this site would be interested in obtaining B & O products and, as you say, there is somewhere on the site I can make this kind of post so thanks for letting me know that.

I'm wondering how then a person upgrades their membership. You said in one of your replies: "Silver and gold membership levels are not something you need to work your way to - it's merely a matter of supporting the site. We ask very little for what we provide - if you ask me." - Are you referring to spending money in order to upgrade membership?

Proggytim2.

I have a difficult time understanding how a forum moderator could be regarded as a total stranger in his forum by a new member.
I was here some 10-15 years prior to your arrival, it's you visiting us for the first time.
If anybody is a stranger, it must be you. But that's only for as long as it takes us to get to
know you (that part is at a good pace already) and vice versa.

Perhaps our rules aren't "in your face" when you visit the forum, but they are there if you decide to take
a little time to look around a bit.
We are aware of that and I didn't bull you, I merely informed you of the rules, and I'd like to think I did so in a kind way as I've done
countless times before.
I could've chosen to just delete your post altogether without leaving as much as a comment as I do blatant and endless sales lists from
dealers, spam and various "nasties".

Yes, we like B&O here at the worlds largest public B&O enthusiast website. No surprise there.
We'd also like to keep the site up, so we do ask a little for certain services;
You can read more about membership levels here:
https://www.beoworld.org/what.asp
It costs money to run a site like Beoworld - big money.
So we do ask for money for upgrading memberships - little money.

Martin

vikinger
Top 25 Contributor
Vestri Kirkjubyr, UK
5,114 Posts
Gold Member

If I am not mistaken the OP asked for advice about a month ago concerning what I assume is the same TV in this thread needing removal from a wall.

Several members offered advice.  If the TV is still on the wall then maybe a membeship upgrade would give access to the relevant manuals as well as an opportunity to advertise.  A very small price to pay even if there is no intention to keep engaged with the B&O brand.

Graham

BenSA
Top 75 Contributor
Durban, South Africa
1,140 Posts
Bronze Member
BenSA replied on Mon, Nov 13 2017 7:47 AM

I have to say that someone posted a "want" add on the general forum for speaker frets after this post was edited and that wanted post was never edited. As far as I can tell it should of as we have a wanted/for sale section for members. I was going to bring it up but since Lee replied to the post so I didn't bother to say anything. 

9 LEE
Top 10 Contributor
Eastbourne, UK
6,705 Posts
Founder
9 LEE replied on Mon, Nov 13 2017 8:22 AM

Well, that's one I confess to, and apologise.  I answered that post in a hurry, without looking properly and now feel a bit stupid. I can only guess it was because I could have helped the OP and was pleased to do so.

I've deleted that post now, for what it's worth.

Lee

Page 1 of 1 (14 items) | RSS