New beoplay product

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 64 Replies | 3 Followers

badgersurf
Top 150 Contributor
494 Posts
Gold Member
badgersurf posted on Wed, Nov 8 2017 9:14 AM

Just got the new email from beoplay and looks like a new product is being launched tomorrow, any idea?

All Replies

mbolo01
Top 150 Contributor
FRANCE
551 Posts
Bronze Member
mbolo01 replied on Fri, Nov 10 2017 10:28 AM

moxxey:
Who on earth has a plugged in fixed speaker in their bathroom?

I do :-) a M5 to stream my favorite radio or to join a multiroom, It brings color into your morning start!

The M3 will not do the job unfortunately as it has no local sources.

BS Moment, BL 18, BL 19, A6, M5, A1, H5

Seanie_230
Top 50 Contributor
UK
1,897 Posts
Gold Member

The below shows it has Deezer and TuneIn

Pair a Essence remote and it sorted.

BLGW - Rekindling the love of ML

jimcaj
Not Ranked
Denmark
37 Posts
Bronze Member
jimcaj replied on Fri, Nov 10 2017 10:58 AM

Seanie_230:
Anyway I love the little speaker I think it covers a gap in the market by giving multiroom in an entry level device.

Ditto.

Also, the M3 is front directional. I wonder if it would be possible for B&O to add stereo pairing later on?

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
9,812 Posts
Bronze Member

This little ‘speaker’ could be very usefull with WiSA built-in.

Another product, yes - but just a speaker that could easily be used as back-/surround-/height speaker in a multichannel BV setup.

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

mbee
Top 50 Contributor
Paris, France
1,544 Posts
Bronze Member
mbee replied on Fri, Nov 10 2017 12:52 PM

In its small thick full aluminum case, I see it more than a CX50 (CX100) successor than a BL4000 son... 

Seanie_230
Top 50 Contributor
UK
1,897 Posts
Gold Member

Millemissen:

This little ‘speaker’ could be very usefull with WiSA built-in.

Another product, yes - but just a speaker that could easily be used as back-/surround-/height speaker in a multichannel BV setup.

MM

I would agree nice cheap alternative for rear speakers.

mbolo01
Top 150 Contributor
FRANCE
551 Posts
Bronze Member

Seanie_230:
The below shows it has Deezer and TuneIn

My fault, stopped my reading too early .... so if it has the timer function too (I guess software will be the same than the Mx,Ax), then I could go for it in the Bathroom and move the M5 elsewhere as it is still too "bassy" for a small room.

BS Moment, BL 18, BL 19, A6, M5, A1, H5

Chris Townsend
Top 50 Contributor
Badsey, UK
3,079 Posts
Gold Member

I’ve just listened to it(Adele) and you could hear it struggling with some of the bass. It’s big brother had no such problems whatsoever.

Beovision 7-55 Mk2, Avant RF 28, Beolab 5,  Beolit 15,  Beoplay A1/A2, Beocom 2, Beotime, H3 ANC/H8/H6/H2, Form 2, Beoplay A3, Beovision 5-42 connected to a DVD1

Seanie_230
Top 50 Contributor
UK
1,897 Posts
Gold Member

Chris Townsend:

I’ve just listened to it(Adele) and you could hear it struggling with some of the bass. It’s big brother had no such problems whatsoever.

Ohh interesting, even at low volume?

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
9,812 Posts
Bronze Member

Though a different product. - it would be interesting to compare this to a BeoPlay S3 soundwise.

By the way — it funny that there is no Spotify Connect support on the M3.

I wonder if it is even possible to join-in from a Spotify Connect experience started on another NL-device?

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

beojeff
Top 75 Contributor
USA
1,009 Posts
Bronze Member

With regard to the discussion regarding having B&O speakers plugged in a bathroom: take a look at page 13 of the new Bang & Olufsen Magazine issue 6. It shows a woman luxuriating in a bubble bath with an M5 on a ledge right behind and above her head. OMG. This looks like the beginning of a "Six Feet Under" episode!

moxxey
Top 25 Contributor
South West, UK
4,412 Posts
Bronze Member
moxxey replied on Sat, Nov 11 2017 6:31 PM

beojeff:

With regard to the discussion regarding having B&O speakers plugged in a bathroom: take a look at page 13 of the new Bang & Olufsen Magazine issue 6. It shows a woman luxuriating in a bubble bath with an M5 on a ledge right behind and above her head. OMG. This looks like the beginning of a "Six Feet Under" episode!

Yeah, but the M5 is wireless, so if it falls in the bath it will just stop working. 

Puncher
Top 10 Contributor
Durham
11,217 Posts
Founder

moxxey:

beojeff:

Yeah, but the M5 is wireless, so if it falls in the bath it will just stop working. 

Huh?I'd be very, very much less worried about a line in connection than the very lethal mains cord attached to it!!

Ban boring signatures!

beojeff
Top 75 Contributor
USA
1,009 Posts
Bronze Member

moxxey:

beojeff:

What are you talking about? The M5 is not battery powered. It's connected to an outlet.

Justin9960
Not Ranked
30 Posts
Bronze Member

Doh!!!

Page 4 of 5 (65 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > | RSS