rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 17 Replies | 0 Followers

BeoGreg
Top 75 Contributor
South of France
1,302 Posts
Gold Member
BeoGreg posted on Fri, Nov 3 2017 6:21 PM

I received a letter today with a wee catalog for the introduction of a new color (dark green) for : M5, BS 1 + 2, BS 35 and A9.

May interest a few of you...

can’t attach a pic, but dark green is dark green (military/olive).

All Replies

benoit
Top 150 Contributor
North East France
580 Posts
Bronze Member

Sounds interesting. I'm curious to see the BS2 army khaki to see if I regret mine. but still no infos about Airplay 2 guess :-(

BeoGreg
Top 75 Contributor
South of France
1,302 Posts
Gold Member

I managed to scan the document.

BeoGreg
Top 75 Contributor
South of France
1,302 Posts
Gold Member

Another try.

benoit
Top 150 Contributor
North East France
580 Posts
Bronze Member
benoit replied on Mon, Nov 13 2017 12:24 PM

I like this color. Less conventional! But I'll not think of buying any other B&O as long as I don't know what will happen to my BS2 and Airplay 2 compatibility... (when I contacted Beocare less then 2 months ago they told they were waiting infos about Airplay 2... but it seems that they have theses infos as the M3 seems to be compatible...)

Jeff
Top 50 Contributor
USA
2,675 Posts
Bronze Member
Jeff replied on Mon, Nov 13 2017 2:44 PM

benoit:

Sounds interesting. I'm curious to see the BS2 army khaki to see if I regret mine. but still no infos about Airplay 2 guess :-(

Most people I know who've been in the army tend to go out of their way to avoid that color! Stick out tongue

Jeff

Beovirus victim, it's gotten to be too much to list!

Hiort
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
1,528 Posts
Gold Member
Hiort replied on Tue, Nov 14 2017 3:19 PM

Saw a pic on Instagra,. Very subtle green colour. 

I cannot see any press pics anywhere

moxxey
Top 25 Contributor
South West, UK
4,412 Posts
Bronze Member
moxxey replied on Tue, Nov 14 2017 5:02 PM

Interesting. I'm not sure I'd commit to a green (even subtle) BeoSound 2 for £1500 in case I'd get bored of the shade. You can't easily interchange the colour.

Also, maybe I'm wrong, but the green version looks like shiny aluminium spray painted green?

Would love a matt graphite version, though. Prefer the matt colours they displayed at launch!

CB
Top 100 Contributor
> You are Here <
850 Posts
Gold Member
CB replied on Tue, Nov 14 2017 5:19 PM
I received a leaflet also.

Here are two pictures taken with a corrected white balance (as much as possible...)

tph
Top 500 Contributor
Finland
74 Posts
Bronze Member
tph replied on Tue, Nov 14 2017 6:34 PM

moxxey:

Interesting. I'm not sure I'd commit to a green (even subtle) BeoSound 2 for £1500 in case I'd get bored of the shade. You can't easily interchange the colour.

Also, maybe I'm wrong, but the green version looks like shiny aluminium spray painted green?

Would love a matt graphite version, though. Prefer the matt colours they displayed at launch!

It's definitely not spray painted, but anodised in true B&O fashion. In person the green is definitely more subtle – it looks almost gunmetal grey to me. I think it'll be really beautiful.

-- Tuomas // Bang & Olufsen Create

moxxey
Top 25 Contributor
South West, UK
4,412 Posts
Bronze Member
moxxey replied on Tue, Nov 14 2017 9:06 PM

tph:

moxxey:

It's definitely not spray painted, but anodised in true B&O fashion. In person the green is definitely more subtle – it looks almost gunmetal grey to me. I think it'll be really beautiful.

Clearly, I was joking about spray paint. I was trying to imply that it looked a bit like they'd taken the brass version and giving it a light dusting of green paint. I'm sure it looks good, but I think I'll wait for some matt options - they showed them off at launch, so they can produce them. Like I said, once you commit to the green, you'd be stuck with it for a while.

beojeff
Top 75 Contributor
USA
1,012 Posts
Bronze Member

moxxey:

tph:

moxxey:

Clearly, I was joking about spray paint. I was trying to imply that it looked a bit like they'd taken the brass version and giving it a light dusting of green paint. I'm sure it looks good, but I think I'll wait for some matt options - they showed them off at launch, so they can produce them. Like I said, once you commit to the green, you'd be stuck with it for a while.

I agree with you. That's quite a commitment to green. While I'm a fan of collecting different frets for some variety, I tend to go back to the basics. Perhaps the green as a temporary cover for the A6 or M5. BTW, I noticed in the details of the product specs in the new B&O magazine that the cover of the BeoSound 35 will be offered in midnight blue and purple heart.

Jeff
Top 50 Contributor
USA
2,675 Posts
Bronze Member
Jeff replied on Tue, Nov 14 2017 9:55 PM

It's interesting, I think it's probably good that they offer different colors, but it does tend to limit the ability to use them in different colored decors later if you change your mind or redecorate. It also tends to be the opposite of what B&O was thinking when they went to aluminum, that the matte finished aluminum would subtly reflect the color scheme of the room and adapt to whatever the colors were in the room. I wonder just how successful the different colors of speakers have been over the years, sales wise?

Jeff

Beovirus victim, it's gotten to be too much to list!

Hiort
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
1,528 Posts
Gold Member
Hiort replied on Wed, Nov 15 2017 8:53 AM

Got a folder yesterday promoting gifts for christmas, where the Harmonies collection was displayed. Temted to get a green cover to my M5. /C

Hiort
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
1,528 Posts
Gold Member
Hiort replied on Fri, Nov 17 2017 9:40 AM

Nice video just out:

https://youtu.be/OEzF2l8em-0

Page 1 of 2 (18 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS