Have we reached 'Peak' B&O?

rated by 0 users
This post has 86 Replies | 3 Followers

chris
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 64
Bronze Member
chris replied on Sat, Oct 21 2017 10:45 AM

Things i like about the beoplay line : A6 and A9. I think they are both fantastic and they sound wonderful and look great. I do not like the other products to be honest except the H8 and H9 headphones.

I don't like the M5 and i don't see why they axed the A8 it was iconic and the last wonderful design by David Lewis. I thought it was the fastest selling product ever made by b&o. It lasted less than 5 years.

That is not the b&o way...products used to last for a minimum of ten years in production.

Lets be honest , after David Lewis passing the products will be good but not iconic like they once were.

The A9 beolab 17,18 would not even exist without David Lewis. 

I like the Beosound 2 as well ..the light touching the tweeter has that "magic" touch in my opinion.

But i feel that there are too many products in general. 

I don't think that as a company they are now less premium. They have many products that will swiftly empty a bank account.

Emil Jensen
Top 500 Contributor
Denmark
Posts 195
Bronze Member

moxxey:

Also, don't mix 'fickle fashion' with a desire to style up your home. Truth be told, I've seen some of the shots here inside homes with expensive B&O equipment and the equipment looks a) more modern and b) not in keeping with the room style - it's very rare to see a room on here which actually looks stylish. You should never plonk a £10K Eclipse in a room where you've spent about £1K on the room itself - it shows, trust me.

That comment is so toxic and have no place here. What good will that comment do for a forum where we hope that people put pictures up of their equipment?

I dont know what you where thinking? bring some joy to the world instead of bashing peoples homes. It really provokes me, and I am sure that is your intension. You have a busy time on this forum to tell people what to think and do. Say your opinion, dont stuff it into others! (But I see the irony as that is my opinion, but this forum is going from Fan forum to bashing forum, negative post everywhere)

Beolab 20, Beolab 17, Transmitter 1

Duels
Top 50 Contributor
England
Posts 1,681
Gold Member
Duels replied on Sat, Oct 21 2017 12:12 PM

moxxey:

Truth be told, I've seen some of the shots here inside homes with expensive B&O equipment and the equipment looks a) more modern and b) not in keeping with the room style - it's very rare to see a room on here which actually looks stylish. You should never plonk a £10K Eclipse in a room where you've spent about £1K on the room itself - it shows, trust me.

I have had a couple of times in my life where all I had was my B&0 stuff. And I probably didn't have much more than £1,000 to spend on a sofa, table and a few bits. 

The joy I got from owning and listening to my BS9000 at those times was beyond measure and description. 

If this forum had been around I would still have posted pictures. And if people judged my style or wealth at those times I wouldn't have cared at all. 

chris
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 64
Bronze Member
chris replied on Sat, Oct 21 2017 12:31 PM

My house is cute but it does not look like the ones in a B&O catalogue lol.

Razlaw
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,283
Bronze Member
Razlaw replied on Sat, Oct 21 2017 1:54 PM

Emil Jensen:

moxxey:

Also, don't mix 'fickle fashion' with a desire to style up your home. Truth be told, I've seen some of the shots here inside homes with expensive B&O equipment and the equipment looks a) more modern and b) not in keeping with the room style - it's very rare to see a room on here which actually looks stylish. You should never plonk a £10K Eclipse in a room where you've spent about £1K on the room itself - it shows, trust me.

That comment is so toxic and have no place here. What good will that comment do for a forum where we hope that people put pictures up of their equipment?

I dont know what you where thinking? bring some joy to the world instead of bashing peoples homes. It really provokes me, and I am sure that is your intension. You have a busy time on this forum to tell people what to think and do. Say your opinion, dont stuff it into others! (But I see the irony as that is my opinion, but this forum is going from Fan forum to bashing forum, negative post everywhere)

Great post Emil. Agree completely.

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 9,935
Bronze Member

I am sure Moxxey would run away screaming...

...should he happen to visit ny home 

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

Jeff
Top 50 Contributor
USA
Posts 2,740
Bronze Member
Jeff replied on Sat, Oct 21 2017 3:02 PM

moxxey:

Puncher:

I would also add that style is timeless whereas fashion is for sheep (numpties, fickle, feckless, ....insert your own description here).

Depends if you really believe the latest products are 'timeless'. I'm not convinced, personally.

While I agree some of the photos seem a tad jarring, I'm consistently impressed at, in the picture threads, just how many modern and stylish homes Beoworlders seem  to have, overall I've been most impressed. Even things not my style are fun to see, just to see how people live and use their B&O. And I've seen a few where the modernist B&O has been made to match up with older styles well, which always surprises and interests me. But I don't take your comment badly as some of the more sensitive snowflakes seem to, post your pics away everyone, no one should care if they think someone might not like or appreciate it, be self confident in your own choices.

So, MM, run screaming...is that from your design style or your company? Big Smile

I think B&O has already peaked sadly, and I have doubts the company will survive. It's interesting, they have been down before and slung some substandard products in a hurry to try and address shortcomings. In the past, remember the wildly popular use of a Sony car CD changer to provide CD changing functionality to their products? Definitely the kind of decision that would have drawn the same kinds of comments we see today about lack of design and such, but they followed that up with the BS9000, a stunning iconic statement piece of a CD changer. Quite a recovery, but I don't see that on the horizon today, especially not with the current designers. The Moment is NOT B&O to me, though I have to admit the software is very B&O.

But today hardware is no longer where its at, the world is all about streaming. Which, if you think about it, is the final evolution of the radio model, it's a radio station that has the largest library of albums of any station in the history of the world, and you are the owner of the station and can call up the DJ any time of the day or night and change the playlist, or just let the station curate it for you. I find I play physical media less and less, but you'll get my BS9000 from me when you pry my cold dead fingers from it.

Jeff

Beovirus victim, it's gotten to be too much to list!

vikinger
Top 25 Contributor
Vestri Kirkjubyr, UK
Posts 5,137
Gold Member
vikinger replied on Sat, Oct 21 2017 4:23 PM

As with all once relatively large companies, B&O will struggle to keep re-scaling its business to a shrinking market sector where the competition is ever increasing. Jacob Jensen and David Lewis had real problems to solve concerning physical bulk and a market full of metal boxes, and they were incredibly successful with their elegant solutions. The future is surely in the speaker sector, with television connectivity. I still believe that B&O made a mistake by dropping most of their passive speaker designs so early, but now we are in the era of streaming the active speaker should come into its own. The BL90's and 50's might be technically superior to the outgoing models, but are they design icons?

Graham

tournedos
Top 10 Contributor
Finland
Posts 7,224
Gold Member
tournedos replied on Sat, Oct 21 2017 11:03 PM

chris:
I don't like the M5 and i don't see why they axed the A8 it was iconic and the last wonderful design by David Lewis. I thought it was the fastest selling product ever made by b&o. It lasted less than 5 years.

The A8 was doomed the moment Apple changed their docking standard (and as it now seems, docking went out of business altogether). While I can at least stand the looks of it now, I can also remember how it was hated on the forum when it first came out. As was/is every new product, every time...

Regarding people's setups... I just recently went through about the first half of the "Flash your B&O" thread - now 100+ pages! While it has suffered greatly from link rot due to external image hosting (not just because of the recent PhotoBucket disaster), it is a nice view into the close history of B&O.

I can see some different classes of posts:

- People wanting to show off their design furniture.

- People genuinely happy of their new B&O kit and wanting to show them to everybody.

- Plain old attempts at interesting photography featuring some B&O. There are some great shots in the thread.

- Some folks just want to show what they just bought, in the hope that others will be interested as well - often they are. In this category, even pictures of a 40 yo cassette deck laying on the floor surrounded by garbage will serve a purpose.

In any case, I find it very interesting to see into people's homes - no matter how (un)polished they are. You can travel the world, but very rarely do you get to visit a "normal home".

Finally, taking a good interior shot is incredibly difficult. Don't expect fashion mag quality from a guy who just bought a pair of speakers and possibly wants another opinion on where to put them.

--mika

beocool
Top 25 Contributor
Alankomaat
Posts 5,877
Bronze Member
beocool replied on Wed, Nov 29 2017 1:30 PM

vikinger:

As with all once relatively large companies, B&O will struggle to keep re-scaling its business to a shrinking market sector where the competition is ever increasing. Jacob Jensen and David Lewis had real problems to solve concerning physical bulk and a market full of metal boxes, and they were incredibly successful with their elegant solutions. The future is surely in the speaker sector, with television connectivity. I still believe that B&O made a mistake by dropping most of their passive speaker designs so early, but now we are in the era of streaming the active speaker should come into its own. The BL90's and 50's might be technically superior to the outgoing models, but are they design icons?

Graham

It's been ages since I've been at the forum. To answer your original question I think B&O has had many ups and downs during the years, but today's B&O and todays products are hardly appealing to me. I can't see the company coming back to its former glory any time soon, so yes, I'm afraid B&O won't peak anymore.

Vähintään yhdeksänkymmentä prosenttia suomalainen! 

folkdeejay
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 68
Bronze Member

Razlaw:

Emil Jensen:

moxxey:

Great post Emil. Agree completely.

+ 1. 

worst kind of elitist snobbery - this judgemental, peevish attitude is one of the (many) reasons I bailed out of audio retail. 

For me, it used to be about dealing with music lovers who also appreciated design...  that changed gradually, but all of  a sudden it was too much time supplying shiny baubles to golf-playing, boastful TV addicts.   Each to his own, but it was no longer for me. 

moxxey
Top 25 Contributor
South West, UK
Posts 4,476
Bronze Member
moxxey replied on Mon, Dec 4 2017 10:49 AM

Millemissen:

I am sure Moxxey would run away screaming...

I think people - as often on this forum - completely misunderstood my comment. Which seems to be a regular theme on here. You give as good as you get, etc etc. People tell you not to get personal, but the people getting the *most* personal are the people above. Ironic. And it's the same two people each and every time. Sometimes you need to question your own comments, too.

What I was trying to point out was based on another person's comment that you can't buy style. And it's true. You can't. Just going out and buy an expensive Eclipse and plonking the device in your home, doesn't necessarily mean someone has style. This is the impression I think someone on here has, simply as they've purchased expensive B&O kit. This isn't a judgement on anyone's particular home, I don't care how your home is styled, frankly. I don't lose sleep worrying about other people's homes. But I do believe that people shouldn't put all their money into one single expensive device, which is how it appears on this board, sometimes.

I do still find it worrying how insecure some people are on here though.

moxxey
Top 25 Contributor
South West, UK
Posts 4,476
Bronze Member
moxxey replied on Mon, Dec 4 2017 10:51 AM

Emil Jensen:

That comment is so toxic and have no place here. 

I'm really starting to ignore most of the stuff you're saying here, these days. Particularly after the LG<>Eclipse admission. If you misunderstand my point, then don't give me your "opinion" in return. If you don't understand, just ask first.

vikinger
Top 25 Contributor
Vestri Kirkjubyr, UK
Posts 5,137
Gold Member
vikinger replied on Mon, Dec 4 2017 11:42 AM

folkdeejay:

For me, it used to be about dealing with music lovers who also appreciated design.

I thought that that was all that Moxxey was suggesting.

Graham

moxxey
Top 25 Contributor
South West, UK
Posts 4,476
Bronze Member
moxxey replied on Mon, Dec 4 2017 11:56 AM

vikinger:

folkdeejay:

For me, it used to be about dealing with music lovers who also appreciated design.

I thought that that was all that Moxxey was suggesting.

100% what I was suggesting Graham!

Someone mentioned about style. I was simply trying to say that I'd love to see an Eclipse in a really inspirational environment. Not an Eclipse plonked in any old room with the Eclipse as the focus of the room. The room should be the focus and the Eclipse should be part of this. ie. it should blend in smoothly and look fantastic. Often you don't see this. It's if the entire room budget was spent on the television. Which is, sadly, a bit disappointing to see.

If people take that as "toxic", fair play. But if you put photos of a room on the internet, for the world to see, people are going to judge the room and draw either inspiration or disappointment.

marexy
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 311
Bronze Member
marexy replied on Mon, Dec 4 2017 12:09 PM

pauljrog:

My thoughts on this -

I've had B&O equipment for around 15-20 years and looking at the current line up of new products from B&O for me i think they reached their peak around 10 years ago.

When I was a kid I loved listening to music, I had a Technics music system, which was at the time all i could afford, but i had a Bang & Olufsen brochure and dreamed of a Beocenter 9000 and a couple of redline beovox speakers, those products were and always will be iconic.

10 years ago you could buy -

Beosound 9000  - (Iconic), Beolab 8000, Beolab 4000, Beolab 5 (AWESOME), Beocenter 2 & Beosound 4.

But...... it all depends how you consume and use your music media, i like the physical touch of vinyl & CD's so thats the music systems i own. My pride and joy is a Jacob Jenson Iconic designed masterpiece Beocenter 9300.

That's exactly my point, when I was 14 I dreamed of a Beocenter 9000, when i was 34 I purchased a Beocenter 9300, and still 10 years later i still love it, the timeless design.

In my opinion the current line up are just not iconic enough, since David Lewis left the design hasn't been as good, can you honestly say a Beosound Moment will be an iconic item admired by many in 20 years time, i don't think so.

I've got no problem with Beoplay, good idea for bluetooth speakers and headphones, they do look good, but not for me.

Paul.

+1

i have Bs9000 MK1,2 and ( 3 in storage )  in original box NEW as i hope it will work after long time and give it to my litle girl when she will be 20 yo.

And i heve some iconic stuff BS5, BS 2300, 3000, Bs4 BC2; BL6000, BL4000; Bl8000 ...ect...

I did try BS Moment ad some new items ...but ..just not for me ...it is not the WOOW ..factor it them...for me not.

In my living room is BS9000 with music server hidden and BL 12.3 on wall + sub....and when my ferind see ( old BS9000) the say only...wwwoooow.

And i smile...after all these years ..stil has wow factor :).. This is a great  B&O in all its glory!

I have a bunch of old B & O magazines I'm reviewing now and then.
As it has already been said, the top peak been 10-15 years ago
The AV industry is developing into miniature devices ... wireless ... everything connected to the Internet ... a huge update, fixes, errors, birth problems ..
Most people over the age of 55 have no idea how to do this, so they avoid everything related to it.
But they have money, which they prefer to use for competitive products with less problematic elesctonics and no updates regardless to money.
And when they hear about problems and read online comments, the end of interest is over.
All this speed of development, tracking of competition, lack of good personnel and ideas leads unknown to where.

But that's all my vision.

benoit
Top 150 Contributor
North East France
Posts 581
Bronze Member
benoit replied on Mon, Dec 4 2017 12:24 PM

moxxey:

Someone mentioned about style. I was simply trying to say that I'd love to see an Eclipse in a really inspirational environment. Not an Eclipse plonked in any old room with the Eclipse as the focus of the room. The room should be the focus and the Eclipse should be part of this. ie. it should blend in smoothly and look fantastic. Often you don't see this. It's if the entire room budget was spent on the television. Which is, sadly, a bit disappointing to see.

If people take that as "toxic", fair play. But if you put photos of a room on the internet, for the world to see, people are going to judge the room and draw either inspiration or disappointment.

I completely agree with you... I asked myself several times why some rooms have so different style than the B&O's more contemporary design. I agree the taste is something very personal, but according to my own taste I admire more a room where everything matches and when your look is not immediately or only attracted by the B&O stuff (look for example Paolomariano's photos).

Mikipedia
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 148
Gold Member
Mikipedia replied on Mon, Dec 4 2017 12:40 PM
@moxxey

I don’t know if i have “style” but i do agree with you. I do think for my room the eclipse and bl50’s made a big difference. Before there was what felt like a wall of black, and althought there is more black now, it feels much lighter and airier than before, especially when the tv is switched off. The stand makes the tv much more present when turned on as it comes all the way forward. As for “inspirational” views of the eclipse, i took some pictures, so you be the judge if they are or not Stick out tongue

The room is not setup with the eclipse as the focal point, the giant window is. I also haven’t really got any furniture pointed to it except for maybe the bottom L bit of the couch. So this way you can sort of see it in a more normal enviroment, rather than all the dealers have it or the productplacement adds. I feel the slenderness of the eclipse really helps the room, altough as a rule of thumb the older Beovisions look more stylish.

New: Beolab 50's, Beolab 18's, Beovision eclipse.

Mikipedi4 on YouTube

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0WLHXZuA1GANMzYcAn5_xg

Old: Beolab 1's, beolab 2, beovision 10-46, overture 2300, beolab 8000's, beolab 4000's, beovision avant 32" etc. etc.

Sandyb
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 711
Bronze Member
Sandyb replied on Mon, Dec 4 2017 12:53 PM

Ha, so as stated before, i completely agree with you. And now it seems quite a few others do too!

I get that not everyone's home can look like a B&O catalogue, for a variety of reasons. That said, and as i mentioned before, there are pictures occasionally posted which are, lets say, quite the opposite. And yes, i understand that mixing styles can be done to quite good effect at times, some of the pictures dont achieve that, and just look plain wrong.

Emil Jensen
Top 500 Contributor
Denmark
Posts 195
Bronze Member

My point was not whether Moxxey statement was right or wrong, as an opinion is fair game.

My point was that a statement like that would not do anything good for a forum, but instead make it worse.

And some agree with that and some dont, fair enough

Beolab 20, Beolab 17, Transmitter 1

Sandyb
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 711
Bronze Member
Sandyb replied on Mon, Dec 4 2017 1:53 PM

Agree with that - much as i agree with him, his original post was daring, and unlikely to pass off unnoticed......

Maybe he should (or maybe me, as i agree with his view) should change our signature to 'ban bad pictures'....(tongue in cheek!)

BenSA
Top 75 Contributor
Durban, South Africa
Posts 1,155
Bronze Member
BenSA replied on Mon, Dec 4 2017 2:04 PM

I think its just going to make people think twice before posting pics of their homes. Its being quite open as it is to let people see inside your house and then to be told its unattractive is a bit soul destroying. This isn't an interior decorating forum.

Duels
Top 50 Contributor
England
Posts 1,681
Gold Member
Duels replied on Mon, Dec 4 2017 2:15 PM

If B&O stuff is only bought by people with homes that would look good in magazine shoots they will go out of business next week.

Sandyb
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 711
Bronze Member
Sandyb replied on Mon, Dec 4 2017 2:23 PM

yes, though in the end i dont think it will work out that way.

People make big purchases, long thought out, and some get excited enough (understandably) to post a few pictures....that will remain the same. And after all, whatever private thoughts i have about how good or bad those pictures look, remain private. I have never responded to a certain picture with negative comments, as i understand these things are personal, and its not my place to offend anyone, nor should i - so i try to be a good citizen about these things. Generally the flash your B&O thread is a really good one. 

I apologise if my broad comment that a few pictures look a bit wrong and incongruous caused any offence. 

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
Posts 7,390
Founder
I would love to live in a catalogue home, or some of the very stylish minimalist homes we see here.

However I have a wife with different tastes, three sons, numerous generations of cats, and now grandchildren.

Such is life Big Smile

So I flash my B&O... and in general the rooms in the background are chaos that I trust people will turn a blind eye too.

The only “negative” comment I received was in 2009 and it was about a rat’s nest of wires Stick out tongue

And to answer the original question audio peak was just before the BeoSound 4 ... video peak (for me) is the table top Avant ... and for speakers we may still be peaking Smile

As for automation... I suspect we have past it but it’s not an area I have invested time nor money in.

BeoNut since '75

moxxey
Top 25 Contributor
South West, UK
Posts 4,476
Bronze Member
moxxey replied on Mon, Dec 4 2017 5:28 PM

BenSA:

I think its just going to make people think twice before posting pics of their homes. 

Why is it? You know what you're doing when you place a photo online for the world to see - people are either going to be inspired or disappointed. Some will tell you, but most won't of course.

The point is though, when you do put these photos online, effectively you're also highlighting to the world the world how stylish, cool and amazing your home looks, complimented by some B&O equipment.

Which was kind of my original point (maybe badly written!). When we put photos live, we put them to inspire people, whether we like it or not.

BenSA
Top 75 Contributor
Durban, South Africa
Posts 1,155
Bronze Member
BenSA replied on Mon, Dec 4 2017 6:19 PM

moxxey:

BenSA:

I think its just going to make people think twice before posting pics of their homes. 

Why is it? You know what you're doing when you place a photo online for the world to see - people are either going to be inspired or disappointed. Some will tell you, but most won't of course.

The point is though, when you do put these photos online, effectively you're also highlighting to the world the world how stylish, cool and amazing your home looks, complimented by some B&O equipment.

Which was kind of my original point (maybe badly written!). When we put photos live, we put them to inspire people, whether we like it or not.

Some of the decor I have seen I didn't quite like, but who am I too judge? Taste in decor is very subjective. The idea of a forum is that people can come and share their questions or what they have purchased without feeling like you are being judged. Maybe someone's dream is to have a B&O and they manage to acquire one but aren't necessarily wealthy so cannot afford expensive designer decor but are so thrilled to have a B&O that they want to show everyone. People from all walks of life are on this forum, they all have different stories to tell and different experiences

Razlaw
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,283
Bronze Member
Razlaw replied on Mon, Dec 4 2017 8:34 PM
BenSA:

Some of the decor I have seen I didn't quite like, but who am I too judge? Taste in decor is very subjective. The idea of a forum is that people can come and share their questions or what they have purchased without feeling like you are being judged. Maybe someone's dream is to have a B&O and they manage to acquire one but aren't necessarily wealthy so cannot afford expensive designer decor but are so thrilled to have a B&O that they want to show everyone. People from all walks of life are on this forum, they all have different stories to tell and different experiences

+1
Peter
Top 10 Contributor
Earsdon
Posts 11,638
Founder
Peter replied on Mon, Dec 4 2017 8:51 PM

My house is very old fashioned - cluttered and very little matches - I have B&O because I like it, not to impress anyone. Most of it is over 30 years old anyway! But I think it all fits in very well and the pictures I see on this site shows others enjoying the products in the way they like. I do know what Moxxey means - having a room without character or personality is not going to be improved by a random lump of B&O - but I certainly do not want to live in a show house - where would the basset hounds go?

Peter

vikinger
Top 25 Contributor
Vestri Kirkjubyr, UK
Posts 5,137
Gold Member

Here's a link to an apartment that will upset many here for different reasons!

I think there might be a plasma Beovision in the cinema room........

https://www.theguardian.com/money/gallery/2017/dec/04/hollywood-directors-london-home-in-pictures

Graham

Chris Townsend
Top 50 Contributor
Badsey, UK
Posts 3,093
Gold Member

Not my cup of tea, but I’d find walking around that far more artistically stimulating than most of the modern art galleries I’ve had the misfortune to stumble into. 

Beolit 15, Beoplay A2, H6/H2, Form 2, Beoplay A3, Beovision 5-42 connected to a DVD1

Sandyb
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 711
Bronze Member
Sandyb replied on Wed, Dec 6 2017 9:14 AM

Ha!

Actually, that decor didnt upset me - i wouldn't decorate quite in that way, but its clearly been done with a lot of thought and aiming at a certain aesthetic.

Just to prove i'm not a slave to the B&O catalogue look! 

That sofa in the lounge with the BV is around 8k anyway, so that would have been a pricey overall design job...

BeoGreg
Top 75 Contributor
South of France
Posts 1,331
Gold Member
BeoGreg replied on Wed, Dec 6 2017 4:20 PM
At 24 my B&O product (Century) was my best "furniture", so what ?

At 25 also, with the MX/VX combo, and at 28 with my Ouverture/BL 2500 lapis blue...

I liked the old catalogs for that.

Remember the chinese couple with the Century on a cloth or the beard fat guy on is bed with a BS2300 on the side with a mess ?

The spanish guy with the Avant/Ouverture in the messy kids room ?

The Inuit with MX tv almost in a igloo !

B&O products at their best not cold interiors (appart the Inuit !).

But please hide those cables !
Jeff
Top 50 Contributor
USA
Posts 2,740
Bronze Member
Jeff replied on Wed, Dec 6 2017 5:01 PM

vikinger:

Here's a link to an apartment that will upset many here for different reasons!

I think there might be a plasma Beovision in the cinema room........

https://www.theguardian.com/money/gallery/2017/dec/04/hollywood-directors-london-home-in-pictures

Graham

Workers of the world, REDECORATE!!!

Jeff

Beovirus victim, it's gotten to be too much to list!

SHEFFIELD
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 230
Bronze Member

Having worked with the brand for over 30 years, I've been in hundreds of B&O owners homes, and in reality, very few are like showhomes. That said, I visited  the most incredible home last week with a stunning collection of Ferraris in the garages!😀

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
Posts 7,390
Founder
BeoGreg:

At 25 also, with the MX/VX combo, and at 28 with my Ouverture/BL 2500 lapis blue...

Remember the chinese couple with the Century on a cloth or the beard fat guy on is bed with a BS2300 on the side with a mess ?

I am still looking for the B&O ad or poster that was a b/w blonde on a daybed listening to some kit

And yes she had gear on !

BeoNut since '75

Tassos
Top 500 Contributor
Athens
Posts 75
Gold Member
Tassos replied on Thu, Dec 7 2017 7:24 AM

elephant:
BeoGreg:

I am still looking for the B&O ad or poster that was a b/w blonde on a daybed listening to some kit

And yes she had gear on !

Couldn't agree more with elephant! Whatever one choose to buy should be for using it and enjoying it. When you use and enjoy your stuff the outcome is a lot of memories, experiences, scratches, dents, accidents, messy rooms, wife shouting about moving stuff around every 10 days. This is reality, this is interaction with your enviroment.

Last but by no means least.....ALWAYS HIDE THE CABLES!!!!!Wink

vikinger
Top 25 Contributor
Vestri Kirkjubyr, UK
Posts 5,137
Gold Member

elephant:

The picture in this thread?

http://forum.beoworld.org/forums/p/28459/224040.aspx#224040

Graham

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
Posts 7,390
Founder
elephant replied on Thu, Dec 7 2017 10:37 AM
vikinger:

The picture in this thread?

http://forum.beoworld.org/forums/p/28459/224040.aspx#224040

Graham

Graham .... thank you !

BeoNut since '75

DMacri
Top 150 Contributor
United States
Posts 480
Gold Member
DMacri replied on Sun, Dec 10 2017 8:23 PM
Peter:

My house is very old fashioned - cluttered and very little matches - I have B&O because I like it, not to impress anyone. Most of it is over 30 years old anyway! But I think it all fits in very well and the pictures I see on this site shows others enjoying the products in the way they like. I do know what Moxxey means - having a room without character or personality is not going to be improved by a random lump of B&O - but I certainly do not want to live in a show house - where would the basset hounds go?

Peter

+1

Dom

BeoSystem 5000, BeoSystem 6500, 2 pair of BeoLab Penta 2, AV 7000, BeoSound 4000, Playmaker, BeoLab 2500, S-45, S-45.2, RL-140, CX-50, C-75, CX-100, 3 MCL82 link rooms, A8 earphones, A3, 4001 relay, H3, H3 ANC, H6, and ambio 

Page 2 of 3 (87 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next > | RSS