Beolink 7000 problem

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 2 Replies | 0 Followers

thetandyman
Not Ranked
14 Posts
Bronze Member
thetandyman posted on Thu, Oct 12 2017 12:02 AM

I have read on this site some problems with Beolink battery replacement.  I had my batteries replaced by an engineer about a year ago,  now the remote lights up,  and sits up when placed on a table,  but no contact at all.  Is there another small battery that needs to be changed as well?   Thanks so much for any info,  as I have been out of the loop for a dozen years.  Just been using a Beolink and Beo4 for the remotes.  My 2 Beolink master controls will work,  but neither one can change the volume.  I've heard this is common,  but I can't determine what is wrong.  As always,  thanks sincerely for any advice.

All Replies

Weebyx
Top 100 Contributor
Denmark
793 Posts
Bronze Member
Weebyx replied on Thu, Oct 12 2017 8:10 AM

thetandyman:

I have read on this site some problems with Beolink battery replacement.  I had my batteries replaced by an engineer about a year ago,  now the remote lights up,  and sits up when placed on a table,  but no contact at all.  Is there another small battery that needs to be changed as well?   Thanks so much for any info,  as I have been out of the loop for a dozen years.  Just been using a Beolink and Beo4 for the remotes.  My 2 Beolink master controls will work,  but neither one can change the volume.  I've heard this is common,  but I can't determine what is wrong.  As always,  thanks sincerely for any advice.

You need to change the capacitors for the IR receiver, and it would be good to change the backup battery also.

http://www.ebay.de/itm/Speicherbatterie-Backup-Battery-f-BeoLink-7000-BANG-OLUFSEN-B-O-/171190229051

Her is a thread about the recap and new backlight, it also shows the backup battery change

http://forum.beoworld.org/forums/p/3595/32375.aspx#32375

/Jacob

Langleyav
Top 500 Contributor
Windsor UK
205 Posts
Silver Member

If your batteries were changed, it has probably reverted to 2 way operation and will need to be reset to single way operating when used with a non 2 way Beomasters

Ron

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS