rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 12 Replies | 1 Follower

badgersurf
Top 150 Contributor
494 Posts
Gold Member
badgersurf posted on Fri, Oct 6 2017 12:13 PM

Dear all,

I have been moving a few things around in the house, now that we have completed the building work. I need your help with the option settings and configurations.

My set up is with cat7 cables running from each room into the loft space:

Living room –

V1 and Beosound moment (connected to the V1 Speakers)

Cinema Room –

V1, Beosound 5 (set as audio master as the moment uses the music from the BM5 as the DNLA server) with Beogram 3300 connect to aux, and a ML/NL converter (set as V master).

Bathroom –

Beosound essence (mk2) connected to beovox 1 speakers.

Main Bedroom

Beosound 1

Office (just moved everything in to it so not set up yet)

BV7-32 and Beosystem 4500 (connect via a 1601 converter) sharing spakers, a beosound essence (MK2) with a ml/nl converter. Also a BV6-26 which I am using as a computer monitor.

The questions I have so far are:

1. Can I add in my BS3000 into the cinema room added in to connect via ML and what should the options be set to?

2. Can I also add in a BS Essence Mk 2 to the cinema room as well, how is the best way to do this with the BS5 and BS3000?

3. In the office what is the options I should set the BV7-32 and the BV6-32 (the ML/NL converter in the cinema room is set to V Master).

4. How should I set up the NL/ML converter in the office?

Hope you can help.

Regards
Toby

All Replies

beojeff
Top 75 Contributor
USA
1,012 Posts
Bronze Member

The solution is to have multiple NL/ML converters. You should use one converter with your "main" ML network and set it to A.Master. This will give you quite a lot of free audio sources that you can then map to your ML network via the converter. You can use those free audio sources for both NL and ML sources. You can then join each ML audio system via its own converter to the main ML network by way of the NL network.

I had originally tried using an NL/ML converter set as v.master while keeping my BeoSound 5 as the a.master on the ML network. This has the disadvantage of needing to map NL audio sources as "video" sources on the ML network. It's better to set the NL/ML converter as a.master and then join each ML audio system via its own converter.

beojeff
Top 75 Contributor
USA
1,012 Posts
Bronze Member

I just re-read your original post more closely. It actually sounds like you're thinking in the right direction!

badgersurf
Top 150 Contributor
494 Posts
Gold Member

This is driving me slightly insane so I am hoping someone can help.

In the office, I have the BV7-32 and Beosystem 4500 (connect via a 1601 converter) sharing speakers, a beosound essence (MK2) with a ml/nl converter. Also a BV6-26 which I am using as a computer monitor (set to V.opt 4).

In the office what do I set the BLC to in there, (whatever I try I then lose the ability to use the BS5 with the V1 in the cinema room as the BLC there is set to V. Master) so I use the essence to play through the BV7 speakers?

The BV7-32 in the office was original set in option 1 with the options as V-opt 2 and A-opt 0. As the cinema room is the V master to use the BS5 what should the BV7 be set as in the office?

Hope someone can help?

Regards

Toby

beojeff
Top 75 Contributor
USA
1,012 Posts
Bronze Member

This is my advice (which relates back to my earlier post). Connect the BeoSound 5 (and nothing else) to one of your ml/nl converters. Set that converter as V.Master. Map the BeoSound 5 sources to "experience mapped to NL." Now, all of your BeoSound 5 sources can be mapped as "sources visible on ML."

Set your office ml/nl converter as A.Master with the BV7 set as V.Master. Set your BeoSystem 4500 to Option 6 (slave mode). On that ml/nl converter, you will now be able to map your BeoSound 5 sources as "sources visible on ML."

Additional ML/NL converters can be similarly connected as A.Master on any rooms with a BeoVision that you would like to set as V.Master and control through your B&O app.

As you did with the BeoSound 5, you can also connect any other B&O sound system (for example BeoSystem 5500 to be able to control a turntable and cassette player) to its own ML/NL converter and set that converter as V.Master. Then, map that sound system's sources as "experience mapped to NL." Those sources will now also show up as options to map to "sources visible on ML" on any converter that is set as A.Master and connected to a BeoVision. (As described in the preceding paragraph)

This has worked perfectly for me as follows: I have a converter set as V.Master to a BeoSound 5, a converter set as V.Master to a BeoSystem 5500 for the turntable control, a converter set as A.Master for my BeoSystem 3 in the living room to be able to use the BeoSystem 3's speakers for the Moment in the living room, and a converter set as A.Master in the bedroom connected to a BeoVision 10 set as V.Master to be able to use the BeoVision 10's speakers for the Moment in the bedroom. In my bathrooms, I have BeoLab 3500 speakers all connected by ML to the BeoSystem 3 in the living room. I have control of all audio sources from all music systems via all ML devices. If I wanted to go crazy (crazier), I could connect a 5th ML/NL converter to my BeoSystem 4500 (currently now in use) and a 6th ML/NL converter to my BeoCenter 2 (currently not in use), and a 7th converter to my BeoSound 2300 (currently not in use. BTW, we called it BeoSound 2300 rather than BeoCentre 2300 in the U.S.). I could then add any of those sources -- until I run out of available "sources visible on ML -- which is limited to 6. Of course, that's a crazy scenario, but you get the idea.

badgersurf
Top 150 Contributor
494 Posts
Gold Member

Thanks for your very helpful reply, hope to have a go at this tonight once the kids are in bed.

thanks

Toby

badgersurf
Top 150 Contributor
494 Posts
Gold Member

Last night I tried to set my Beosystem to option 6 (slave). I don't seem have this option.

The only options that are available to me are A.opt 0, 1, 2 ,3 and 4.

I have connected to the Beomaster a CD 4500 and Beogram Phono 4500. The option setting is Phono.

I am then connected to the BV7-32 (set to V.Option 2) via a beolink converter 1611.

Any idea how to get the beosystem in to slave mode (not sure what the software version is that I have but it is a 2 way).

Hope someone can help (and apologies but I am sure there will be lots more stupid questions).

Regards

Toby

beojeff
Top 75 Contributor
USA
1,012 Posts
Bronze Member

Ah. If your BeoSystem 4500 is capable of 2-way communication, it lost the slave mode option. That was lost with the software update that enabled 2-way communication. Your best solution might be to get another ML/NL converter just for the BeoSystem 4500.

badgersurf
Top 150 Contributor
494 Posts
Gold Member

Thanks Jeff,

Glad to know I am not going mad trying to get this in A.opt 6!

Would it work connecting the Beosystem 4500 into the Line in of the BS essence in the office, or I have an Almondo powerlink switch somewhere and connect the BV7 and BS4500 into the Beolab 4500s?

Regards

Toby

beojeff
Top 75 Contributor
USA
1,012 Posts
Bronze Member

I think the line-in solution will be your best option for the time being. At some point in the future, you might want to bring the BeoSystem 4500 back into the network using its own ML/NL converter so that you can have control of it from around your home.

badgersurf
Top 150 Contributor
494 Posts
Gold Member

Just to give you an update.

Finally got it working, followed Jeff's answer and for the life of me could not work out why it was not working what ever I did. Finally worked it out that I had not disconnected the ML from the run to the house. Once disconnect works fine.

Things that I have learnt are that if you have a beosound essence connected through a BLC to a ML Beovision to use its speakers you loose the use of the wheels remote.

I have lost the use of the MLGW for the Beovision 7, but can turn on the tv using the beomusic app. 

I have the beosystem 4500 connected to the line in of the essence and set to option 0 so currently have to stand up,to use the controls, so if anyone who's how to set a 2 way Beosystem 4500 to link please let me know.

still need to work out if the BV7 will still send light commands via the BLC, as need to set up my Philips hue bulbs wither the mlgw.

Its still a work in progress but thanks to Jeff I am slowly getting there.

regards

Toby

beojeff
Top 75 Contributor
USA
1,012 Posts
Bronze Member

I think I might be able to help a little. 

You can set the wheely to IR mode to control the Essence via the BeoVision that you use as its speakers. I do this for my Moment that uses my BeoSystem 3's speakers. You can find the instructions on the beointegration.com site under "technical inspiration" under the "knowledge base" tab.

For the Beovisions that are connected to NL/ML Converters and that are not part of the "main" ML network that is connected to the BLGW, you can get BLGW control of the BeoVision by way of its sources on the NL/ML Converter on the BLGW setup. You might need to upgrade from MLGW to BLGW though. I'm not sure.

I can confirm that you lose LIGHT/CONTROL communication via the BeoVisions that are not a part of the ML system that are connected to the BLGW. You can regain this LIGHT/CONTROL command, though, by connecting a B&O hockey puck IR receiver to the NL/ML Converter. You must enter the correct settings on the NL/ML Converter setup screen to enable the LIGHT/CONTROL communication. You don't need to have the new "Essence" remote receiver. You just need the new cable to connect to any old B&O hockey puck receiver. You just won't have use of the physical buttons on the hockey puck. Again, you might need to upgrade from MLGW to BLGW to do this. I seem to recall on the MLGW compatibility table that the NL/ML Converter might not be compatible with MLGW for this.

badgersurf
Top 150 Contributor
494 Posts
Gold Member

Thanks for your help Jeff, I will experiment further. Had to put this on hold for a bit as need to get the last bedroom sorted before I plaster and decorate. But hope to get the office sorted soon.

thanks for all your help.

regards

Toby

Page 1 of 1 (13 items) | RSS