elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
Posts 7,260
Founder
elephant replied on Tue, Nov 14 2017 9:14 AM
Thank you all new Eclipse owners !

Your positive feedback has given me food for thought Smile

I have been “silent” since Selfridges because of travels and then three works of playing catch up at work ! But mainly because the “outage” of the BeoWorld iApp ... thank goodness it’s back !!!

Anyway despite the silence I had been active research LG options, G7 as an alternative!, going back to Loewe and even Sony ... and measuring and remeasuring placement options ... and having debates with SWMBO.

I am convinced I could (with only a little pain) get an LG OLED working with my BL20, BL3, and BL19.

And that for the price of a 55” Eclipse I could get a workable 65” Loewe or even a 77” LG !!!

But when I read your positivity I started to waver ... Laughing

BeoNut since '75

BenSA
Top 75 Contributor
Durban, South Africa
Posts 1,135
Bronze Member
BenSA replied on Tue, Nov 14 2017 12:26 PM

I think you should waver!! Big Smile

BenSA
Top 75 Contributor
Durban, South Africa
Posts 1,135
Bronze Member
BenSA replied on Tue, Nov 14 2017 12:26 PM

I think you should waver!! Big Smile

andriani
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 74
Bronze Member
andriani replied on Tue, Nov 14 2017 6:58 PM

hello,

i decide to place an order for beovision eclipse 55 after a long  reflexion ( soory for my english , french is my first language)

as you  i look at lg, sony and panasonic ( not a loewe because i don t like the look-- "the big eye " - under the  screen) in 55  and 65 

i came from  beovision 7 55 mk2 , beolab 5 and beolab 3

i choose to order eclipse because i think it is not a bad product .i can read  the review  and in reading  the beoworld forum

it is why i was  yesterday in bang olufsen store in south of france to look at it

.I compare with beovision avant ng , it is a new look different of last generation , but the main is the picture you see !! and also the sound

the both are very good  (not better than sony or panasonic)

i choose the eclipse 

1 simplicity with my speakers

2 very good picture and  sound

3  "very open" for multimedia  ( apple tv, plex, deezer,spotify,...)

price is high but the store purchase my beovision 7 mk2  ...so for a tv oled 55 with the integrated amplifier and integration with all my speaker i think it is  a good choice  Stick out tongue( ps i  take for my eclipse the vertical stable stand from stbbrackets )

i wait for the beginning of december nowSmile and i sall try to make  a "review"

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
Posts 7,260
Founder
elephant replied on Tue, Nov 14 2017 9:14 PM
Thank you Andriani for sharing your thoughts.

Congratulations on your decision !

You have summarised why I am wavering.

Plus I can’t see a way of squeezing the bigger TVs into where by BV8 sits.

BeoNut since '75

Seanie_230
Top 50 Contributor
UK
Posts 1,897
Gold Member
andriani:

hello,

i decide to place an order for beovision eclipse 55 after a long reflexion ( soory for my english , french is my first language)

as you i look at lg, sony and panasonic ( not a loewe because i don t like the look-- "the big eye " - under the screen) in 55 and 65

i came from beovision 7 55 mk2 , beolab 5 and beolab 3

i choose to order eclipse because i think it is not a bad product .i can read the review and in reading the beoworld forum

it is why i was yesterday in bang olufsen store in south of france to look at it

.I compare with beovision avant ng , it is a new look different of last generation , but the main is the picture you see !! and also the sound

the both are very good (not better than sony or panasonic)

i choose the eclipse

1 simplicity with my speakers

2 very good picture and sound

3 "very open" for multimedia ( apple tv, plex, deezer,spotify,...)

price is high but the store purchase my beovision 7 mk2 ...so for a tv oled 55 with the integrated amplifier and integration with all my speaker i think it is a good choice ( ps i take for my eclipse the vertical stable stand from stbbrackets )

i wait for the beginning of december now and i sall try to make a "review"

Congratulations I have seen it in a shop and it’s amazing. What a great TV

BLGW - Rekindling the love of ML

svinaik
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 120
Bronze Member
svinaik replied on Fri, Nov 17 2017 8:21 PM

Folks

After a long delay, I finally have received my Loewe 7.77 and I have integrated BL 50 speakers with it via Almando Box. I have loaded a picture on the media section.

Since this is Eclipse forum, I do not want to say too much about Loewe but all I can say is that I could not be happier with my decision. I just could not get over the poor execution by B&O on Eclipse and the LG interface was a deal killer for me. On the picture side, Loewe processing is much better than LG C6.

Those who want to learn more about it, please feel free to PM me.

BAND'OH!
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 501
Bronze Member
BAND'OH! replied on Sat, Nov 18 2017 2:19 AM

svinaik:

Folks

After a long delay, I finally have received my Loewe 7.77 and I have integrated BL 50 speakers with it via Almando Box. I have loaded a picture on the media section.

Since this is Eclipse forum, I do not want to say too much about Loewe but all I can say is that I could not be happier with my decision. I just could not get over the poor execution by B&O on Eclipse and the LG interface was a deal killer for me. On the picture side, Loewe processing is much better than LG C6.

Those who want to learn more about it, please feel free to PM me.

Thanks for sharing and I think it is perfectly fine to talk about a Loewe product here (although I acknowledge this is a B&O forum but what B&O is there these days? Not much...) but I am with you completely and am also in the process of ordering a Bild 7 for exactly the same reasons you state. This will be the first time ever in 20 years that I have not bought a B&O tv but it all honesty the Eclipse is complete rubbish in my opinion. There's nothing about it that is B&O except an average speaker effort, which doesn't even size well compared to the LG tv it is attached too. Such a disappointment and enough is enough for me. That's an honest and sincere opinion. It really is such a poor effort from B&O and I truly think the company is in trouble and won't be here in the next few years. To be fair, they don't deserve to be with such mediocre efforts, so I'll be moving on. They are simply not what they were. Loewe are the next best thing. I am also considering the LG W7 with the atmos sound bar, which is a beautiful designed and up to date product. Simon.

svinaik
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 120
Bronze Member
svinaik replied on Sat, Nov 18 2017 2:51 AM

BAND'OH!:

I am also considering the LG W7 with the atmos sound bar, which is a beautiful designed and up to date product. Simon.

On the LG versus Loewe, only thing I will add is that Loewe has full blown surround sound processor and it gives lots of flexibility in set up. I use 2 speaker mode for the music and 3 speaker mode for movies etc, Not sure if LG W7 has any of the processing that Loewe has. Also, sound on the Loewe is pristine and goes well with BL 50. LG are not known for their sound.

Honestly, I am yet to explore full functionality on Loewe7.77 . There is so much more to it than what I know right now. In few weeks, I will be an even more informed source. It has exceeded all my expectations so far.

Materials and user interface is perfect on Loewe. I love the curtains and software is very well thought through. motorized stand and speaker are what B&O used to be.

On the real plus side, Wife also thinks of me as genius (after seeing the total solutions) :)

Chris Townsend
Top 50 Contributor
Badsey, UK
Posts 3,079
Gold Member

I’ve been swung by the technical merits of the Loewe Bild 7 for a few months, but I must confess the demo I recently had in my new local dealer has made me think.

But now this blind test by the nerd militia at AVForums, and it paints the C7 panel which I believe is unmodified in the Eclipse, in the worst possible way.

https://www.avforums.com/news/philips-9002-oled-tv-wins-blind-shootout.14195

Beovision 7-55 Mk2, Avant RF 28, Beolab 5,  Beolit 15,  Beoplay A1/A2, Beocom 2, Beotime, H3 ANC/H8/H6/H2, Form 2, Beoplay A3, Beovision 5-42 connected to a DVD1

Emil Jensen
Top 500 Contributor
Denmark
Posts 160
Bronze Member

Lets agree to disagree as I find the speaker in the Eclipse superior to any other,

But Svinaik, could you start a new thread about about your Loewe as I have a bunch of question, and I think the solution could fit many of the members.

Beolab 20, Beolab 17, Transmitter 1

Chris Townsend
Top 50 Contributor
Badsey, UK
Posts 3,079
Gold Member

I can’t edit my post. After reviewing the Eclipse and it’s sound bar, I had second thoughts about the Bild 7.

Beovision 7-55 Mk2, Avant RF 28, Beolab 5,  Beolit 15,  Beoplay A1/A2, Beocom 2, Beotime, H3 ANC/H8/H6/H2, Form 2, Beoplay A3, Beovision 5-42 connected to a DVD1

ErikVonAgnar
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 167
Bronze Member

For a Bang & Olufsen forum with Eclipse there is a lot of talk about other TVs and brand. 
If you wanna talk about Loewe then go to LoeWorld.org

//EA

Beo in white is my thingBig Smile

Currently own: BeoVision Avant 55", BeoLab 5, BeoLab 18, BeoRemoteOne, BeoPlay V1-32", BeoRemote4, BeoSound 3200, BeoGram 6500 (MMC-1), BeoLit 15, BeoPlay A1, LC2, BeoVision MX7000 and BeoLab 3

svinaik
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 120
Bronze Member
svinaik replied on Sat, Nov 18 2017 1:14 PM

ErikVonAgnar:

For a Bang & Olufsen forum with Eclipse there is a lot of talk about other TVs and brand. 
If you wanna talk about Loewe then go to LoeWorld.org

//EA

Hi Erik

This is also a discussion about BL integration. It seems my input has displeased you somehow but just to remind that you do not own this forum. Our views are also very relevant to those who are seeking a path forward on the OLED TVs. It is not just for fanboys.

Please also do not advise me about Loewe forum. I do not know you were showing off your knowledge (of Loewe Forums) or ignorance (of other's awareness).

ErikVonAgnar
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 167
Bronze Member

No I don't own this forum. But when this thread is named BEOVISION ECLIPSE and people are talking of buying a Loewe, then I think this is the wrong forum for those people. 
If you wanna talk to those "who are seeking a path forward on the OLED", then why talk to them here in a forum for the BV Eclipse? Look for a forum with names like: Beovision vs other brand or Beo vs Loewe.

I think people should share their experience and aspects about the BV Eclipse and buyers advice. And yes, you can compare BV to some others in some way but when people start to saying that they have bought a Loewe in this forum I think it's wrong. 

AND, if I can't advice you about writing about Loewe in a "Loewe forum". Then do not advice me on my view on this forum that is named BV Eclipse.

//EA 

Beo in white is my thingBig Smile

Currently own: BeoVision Avant 55", BeoLab 5, BeoLab 18, BeoRemoteOne, BeoPlay V1-32", BeoRemote4, BeoSound 3200, BeoGram 6500 (MMC-1), BeoLit 15, BeoPlay A1, LC2, BeoVision MX7000 and BeoLab 3

Carolpa
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 709
Bronze Member
Carolpa replied on Sat, Nov 18 2017 2:00 PM

ErikVonAgnar:

No I don't own this forum. But when this thread is named BEOVISION ECLIPSE and people are talking of buying a Loewe, then I think this is the wrong forum for those people. 
If you wanna talk to those "who are seeking a path forward on the OLED", then why talk to them here in a forum for the BV Eclipse? Look for a forum with names like: Beovision vs other brand or Beo vs Loewe.

I think people should share their experience and aspects about the BV Eclipse and buyers advice. And yes, you can compare BV to some others in some way but when people start to saying that they have bought a Loewe in this forum I think it's wrong. 

AND, if I can't advice you about writing about Loewe in a "Loewe forum". Then do not advice me on my view on this forum that is named BV Eclipse.

//EA 

well said!

Puncher
Top 10 Contributor
Durham
Posts 11,217
Founder
Puncher replied on Sat, Nov 18 2017 2:15 PM

FFS grow up!!

Ban boring signatures!

Carolpa
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 709
Bronze Member
Carolpa replied on Sat, Nov 18 2017 2:22 PM

Puncher:
FFS grow up!!
Did you look in the mirror?

or did you address somebody else?

Puncher
Top 10 Contributor
Durham
Posts 11,217
Founder
Puncher replied on Sat, Nov 18 2017 2:32 PM

Carolpa:

Puncher:
FFS grow up!!

I'll happily hold my hands up if ever I post anything akin to, "You're shouldn't be allowed to call my TV names on here"!

Ban boring signatures!

svinaik
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 120
Bronze Member
svinaik replied on Sat, Nov 18 2017 3:18 PM

Follks

let’s cool down. Those who are really interested in some real discussion on how to make some of the best brands work together and are serious about it can start commenting on a new thread that I have started. Link is below. 

http://forum.beoworld.org/forums/t/28501.aspx

I will let the fan boys hang around here as I have nothing more to add to Eclipse discussion. I have spoken on it through my decision on buying the Loewe.

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 9,816
Bronze Member

I see no problem in advertising someones view on Eclipse vs Loewe in an Eclipse thread like this.

The problem starts, when the Loewe point takes over.

It is very easy to start a new thread on that subject here - as has svinalk now done -

(By the way, it is not the first one), and let the Eclipse owners/future owners have the show here.

And - Carolpa, don’t mess with Puncher......the name speaks for itself ;-)))

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

Jeff
Top 50 Contributor
USA
Posts 2,675
Bronze Member
Jeff replied on Sat, Nov 18 2017 5:10 PM

Puncher:

Carolpa:

Puncher:
FFS grow up!!

I'll happily hold my hands up if ever I post anything akin to, "You're shouldn't be allowed to call my TV names on here"!

Perhaps this wouldn't happen if B&O produced products currently that were beyond reproach, rather than cobbled together, buggy designs?

But it does remind me of an old joke. Woman with a very ugly baby is traveling on a train. Drunk on board starts harassing her, going on and on about how ugly her baby is. She finally calls the conductor and complains. He throws the drunk out of the train car to the baggage car to cool down, and apologizes to her. Ma'am, I'm so sorry you were subjected to this. I want to apologize on behalf of the railroad, and give you this slip, just present it in the dining car and they'll give you any meal you like, no matter the cost. And they'll even round up a banana for your monkey.

Jeff

Beovirus victim, it's gotten to be too much to list!

BAND'OH!
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 501
Bronze Member
BAND'OH! replied on Sun, Nov 19 2017 12:18 AM

Jeff:
Perhaps this wouldn't happen if B&O produced products currently that were beyond reproach, rather than cobbled together, buggy designs?

I agree with you Jeff. I am so frustrated and frankly, feel very angry with B&O as I feel they have totally let me down as a customer; a loyal one at that. I respect that those who have bought the Eclipse love it and are enjoying it, and that's great and as it should be. However, equally I am also entitled to my opinion - to what it means to me - and I do, quite simply see it as complete rubbish. There is nothing about it that has a B&O hallmark apart from a speaker which to be honest, any manufacturer could produce if the so wished. To charge a premium price for such a poor effort is an absolute insult in my opinion and it makes me angry and bitter towards the brand that I once so loved and respected. B&O clearly don't care anymore; so neither do I. Of course there is, will be and has been ... a knock on effect to customers. The BL90 is the only new looking product I can see from the company in the last few years. Everything else is a poor copy of previous designs. Where is the innovation? Where is the magic? Where is the B&O'ness? A pathetic joke frankly.

svinaik
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 120
Bronze Member
svinaik replied on Sun, Nov 19 2017 1:12 AM

BAND'OH!:
The BL90 is the only new looking product I can see from the company in the last few years.

I would add BL 50 also to the great products. Frankly, it is BL 90 class performance at BL5 price (at least for those of us who imported BL 50 from Europe / UK to USA) . :)

On the B&O side, I am not angry any more. I was waiting for the past 2 years for B&O (Passed on Avant for that reason) to come out with a TV with HDR and was very disappointed at Eclipse but it gave me a chance to renew my love for non B&O (Hint L****).

Now that I have moved on, no anger any more. Enjoying my BL 50 and much better TV experience by going elsewhere. If B&O had produced even half A** effort, I would have stayed in the camp but it did allow me to venture out and feel liberated.

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
Posts 7,260
Founder
elephant replied on Sun, Nov 19 2017 2:26 AM
Chris Townsend:

I’ve been swung by the technical merits of the Loewe Bild 7 for a few months, but I must confess the demo I recently had in my new local dealer has made me think.

But now this blind test by the nerd militia at AVForums, and it paints the C7 panel which I believe is unmodified in the Eclipse, in the worst possible way.

https://www.avforums.com/news/philips-9002-oled-tv-wins-blind-shootout.14195

Beovision 7-55 Mk2, Avant RF 28, Beolab 5, Beolit 15, Beoplay A1/A2, Beocom 2, Beotime, H3 ANC/H8/H6/H2, Form 2, Beoplay A3, Beovision 5-42 connected to a DVD1

Thanks Chris for post

Really enjoyed the article, the video, and attendees’ posts.

Strangely yesterday my wife and I were yet again the a department store comparing screens and out the blue she talked about how we had always preferred the natural tones of Philips TVs.

I shall have to see if I our local AV shop has managed to secure a Philips’ import licence !

BeoNut since '75

Page 36 of 36 (1425 items) « First ... < Previous 32 33 34 35 36 | RSS