Beocord 8000 repair

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 17 Replies | 1 Follower

beo3000
Top 500 Contributor
94 Posts
Gold Member
beo3000 posted on Mon, Jul 24 2017 7:36 PM

I have a lovely condition rosewood beocord 8000 that won't work, maybe someone on here can shed some light on the cause of the issues,

symptom, when I try and play a tape it moves the mechanism into position with a loud noise and then disengages immediately new belts have been fitted I am not sure what the issue is

thanks for any info

All Replies

Chris
Not Ranked
Nottingham UK
21 Posts
Bronze Member

I pushed the switch (the light comes on and stays on solid, and without a tape in there it does nothing so I imagine this switch is okay?)... the same behavior is observed when I manually push the switch and try to play the tape, clicking in and out a few times and then engaging and playing.  :( 

Again once playing/fast forwarding etc, it will play happily. 

When I replaced the belts does anything need to be lined up for it to work correctly? I couldn't see a reason why anything there makes a difference be but best to check. 

Dillen
Top 10 Contributor
Copenhagen / Denmark
9,644 Posts
Founder
Dillen replied on Thu, Nov 2 2017 10:25 AM

Nothing needs aligning when replacing only the belts.
If you also replaced the idler rubber parts, the brake arms etc. needs to be on the correct sides of their respective flanges - the
front right one being the one most often ending up on the wrong side, resulting in it getting bend and losing its small felt pad.

When the deck tried to play, does the take-up reel rotate and take up - even for just a brief moment?

Martin

Chris
Not Ranked
Nottingham UK
21 Posts
Bronze Member

Hi Martin,

That's great, hopefully all else is okay as the mechanism moved freely and I only replaced the belts. 

Yes it takes up around a 1/4 turn I would estimate however the head contacts the tape for literally a fraction of a second. 

Thanks a lot for the help :) 

Chris 

Page 2 of 2 (18 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS