rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 19 Replies | 1 Follower

Doug
Not Ranked
Minnesota
5 Posts
Bronze Member
Doug posted on Wed, Jul 5 2017 5:26 PM

I have recently become the owner of a Beosound 9000 Mk1 (Model 2523).  It has very good physical appearance but is completely dead on the electronics.  I have opened it up and found this:

The standby light is not lighting.

The transformer is putting out about 10 VAC

The 3 fuses are all good.

There is about 4.8 VAC on BOTH sides of the fuse "sockets".  That seemed strange to me.

I followed the trouble shooting guide for a Mk3 and removed several of the ribbon cables.  I did not get any standby light.  Was I to remove each one individually and then reinstall it or pull the all off?  I did each one individually. 

I suspect that there is no DC voltage being created anywhere on the power supply but I do not know where to take test measurements.  There appear to be enough differences between the MK1 and MK3 that I could get in deep trouble without the right manuals.

So my options are:

1) Hang it on the wall and let it look pretty.  Tell stories of how it would operate if it was not dead.  That would make me sad.

2) Hope for a miracle answer and simple repair from this forum.  That would be great.

3) Send it to B&O and spend the kids college fund getting it repaired.  That would make me poor.

4) Some option I have not considered?

Thanks!

All Replies

Maurice
Top 500 Contributor
98 Posts
Bronze Member

Doug if you go to safari and type in beosound 9000 service its the green cover manual  with your type number on it, its  from elektrotanya where you can download it  or if you are a silver member  you may be able to get it from this site.Regards

Beobuddy
Top 25 Contributor
Utrecht, The Netherlands
3,204 Posts
Founder

If TS has 10V AC from the transformer, then there is no need to take out the small PCB beneath the aluminum plate.

It needs to have 5,3V around T37/(T10 on newer boards).

Maurice
Top 500 Contributor
98 Posts
Bronze Member
Maurice replied on Fri, Jul 28 2017 12:54 AM

HI i take you mean 3TR37 so you are checking sipply to the power switching PCB33 if i have understood your comment correctly i bow to your superior knowledge  i was aiming at certain trees in the woods not looking at the overall pic so to speak thanks for pointing that out

regards Maurice

Doug
Not Ranked
Minnesota
5 Posts
Bronze Member
Doug replied on Fri, Jul 28 2017 9:12 PM

I have 13vdc on the top and bottom leads of TR37.

robcampman
Not Ranked
1 Posts
Bronze Member

Hi, was wondering if you managed to fix this. I picked up a dead beosound 9000 yesterday and this thread seems to be the only infosource on this model. Would love to get some tips on where to look for.

Page 2 of 2 (20 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS