rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 82 Replies | 5 Followers

tat960
Not Ranked
4 Posts
Bronze Member
tat960 posted on Thu, Jun 22 2017 7:51 PM

We just received the following announcement from Spotify:

“We want to give you a heads up that Spotify support will soon be removed from your Bang & Olufsen BeoSound 5 speaker. 

We want to make playing Spotify on your speaker and other devices better and easier which means regrettably that we sometimes have to discontinue device-specific integrations.

For alternative ways to keep enjoying Spotify on your product, please contact your Bang & Olufsen store.

Thanks and keep rocking, 
Spotify”

96 Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE

We have a BeoSound 5 connected to B&O speakers.  What does this announcement mean for us?  What are the “alternative ways to keep enjoying Spotfy on your product?”

All Replies

Frederic
Top 500 Contributor
Belgium
78 Posts
Bronze Member
Frederic replied on Mon, Jul 10 2017 10:01 PM

Hey everybody,

therefore i think it is important to keep this thread alive, keep calling your dealer or regional manager. Tell them it is unacceptable. If they want they can solve it.

See also: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Idea-Submissions/Bang-amp-Olufsen-Continues-with-the-app-for-B-amp-O-BeoSound5/idc-p/1733334#M52562

Stefan E
Not Ranked
Sweden
24 Posts
Gold Member
Stefan E replied on Thu, Jul 13 2017 12:05 PM
I agree, keep sending support requests to B&O as well that you are not satisfied with their solution.

They have the new Spotify code available that Spotify have shared with B&O.

BV7-40 MKIII, BC6-26, BV4-50/BS2, BS5, BS9000, BL3500, MLGW, BLGW, PlayMaker, Beo6, Beo5, BeoTimex2, Linctonic, BS6500, BS4500,LX6000

Frederic
Top 500 Contributor
Belgium
78 Posts
Bronze Member
Frederic replied on Fri, Jul 14 2017 11:58 AM

Went to my dealer yesterday, and even though they try at their level to find a solution for their customers they don't get any support from B&O itself apart from the three suggested (underachieving and stupid,...) solutions.

here you will see that, compared to BS5 owners, this thread concerning Squeezebox gets more traction.

Frederic
Top 500 Contributor
Belgium
78 Posts
Bronze Member
Frederic replied on Fri, Jul 14 2017 11:59 AM

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/All-Platforms-Music-Keep-squeezebox-support/idi-p/1737939#comments

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
9,328 Posts
Bronze Member

At least for Squeezebox owners there seems to be a solution:

http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?107615-Announce-Spotty-v1-1-0

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

Rorence
Not Ranked
5 Posts
Bronze Member

To charger, I have used 400w power inverter to charge shaver when camping outside. In other days, I will use it to charge laptop, phone and camera battery in car. The method for us to use this tool is to connect it with car cigarette lighter charger outlet. If you need to catch more information about this charger, you can search bestekmall on Google. Wish this tip is helpful to you. Best regards. 

Hiort
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
1,396 Posts
Gold Member
Hiort replied on Mon, Jul 17 2017 4:07 PM
Rorence:

To charger, I have used 400w power inverter to charge shaver when camping outside. In other days, I will use it to charge laptop, phone and camera battery in car. The method for us to use this tool is to connect it with car cigarette lighter charger outlet. If you need to catch more information about this charger, you can search bestekmall on Google. Wish this tip is helpful to you. Best regards.

????

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
9,328 Posts
Bronze Member

I guess that belongs here:

http://forum.beoworld.org/forums/p/14404/204381.aspx#204381

There is a post with almost the same words.

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

Page 6 of 6 (83 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6 | RSS