Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Juanitito
Not Ranked
Paris, France
28 Posts
Bronze Member
Juanitito posted on Mon, May 1 2017 6:07 PM

Hello there,

I acquired a Beomaster 3000-2 in bad shape two years ago. It was working but very noisy with hums and randoms crack. The tuner was complety unstable too. I changed all the electrolytics capacitors a week ago thanks to Martin.

Now it works really well. No more white noise or hum, the sound is lovely (paired with some Beovox 45-2) and I'm really happy.

My only issue is that I noticed that the transformer is a bit noisy. It's not affecting the signal but I think it vibrates. I tried to dampen it without success. I tried changing the voltage from 240V to 220V and it was identical.

Do any of you have had the same issue ?

All Replies

Beold
Not Ranked
Denmark
39 Posts
Gold Member
Beold replied on Mon, May 1 2017 10:22 PM

I have a 3000-2 and totally agree on the nice sound. I have paired it with P45 speakers, which also i a good match.

I have however not encountered any noise from the transformer.

Office: Beomaster 3000-2 with Beovox P45 (all in white)

Living room: Beomaster 7000 and Beogram 7000 with Beovox RL 7000 (all in white)

Kitchen: Beocenter 2300 with Beovox 4500 (not available in white :-(

chartz
Top 25 Contributor
Burgundy, France
3,494 Posts
Gold Member
chartz replied on Mon, May 1 2017 11:16 PM

My Beocenter 3500 - basically a Beomaster 3000 with a Beogram 3000 turntable - has the same issue. There is no cure that I know of.

Jacques

Dillen
Top 10 Contributor
Copenhagen / Denmark
9,321 Posts
Founder

Annoying if severe but it will work fine regardless and it won't crash and burn.

Only cure is a replacement transformer.

Martin

solderon29
Top 200 Contributor
U.K.West Midlands
248 Posts
Gold Member

I think Rudy (beolover.com)has had some success with replacing the transformer with a toroidal type?

The original was encased in resin inside it's screening box,and was a common service job to replace back in the day.The popular theory was that the resin shrank with heat,and the transformer then rattled about in the space.

You might try some isolating rubber etc spacers under the unit to distance it from say a wooden shelf,which may be amplifying the hum?

Nick

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS