Speaker choice??

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 3 Replies | 1 Follower

bigphil
Top 500 Contributor
53 Posts
Silver Member
bigphil posted on Sat, Apr 22 2017 10:40 AM

Hi I have just bought a beautiful pair of Chario Syntar 100 Tower speakers and was wondering if they are a contender to replace my RL60. 2's.  I have a Beocenter 9000 powering them. Cheers Phil. 

All Replies

Saint Beogrowler
Top 200 Contributor
Saint Paul, Minnesota
337 Posts
Gold Member
Very different speakers. Speakers are so much a matter of taste. The higher sensitivity and impedance of the RL are a very nice match to your Beocenter as is.

The chario speakers will likely benefit from or need an external poweramp from the Beocenter pre-outs to drive them more appropriately.

Peter-

Peter
Top 10 Contributor
Earsdon
11,484 Posts
Founder
Peter replied on Sat, Apr 22 2017 4:55 PM

Look like a good pair of two way speakers - I am sure they will be fine - the amp on the 9000 should be fine with them.

Peter

Steve at Sounds Heavenly
Top 150 Contributor
The cable workshop, Leics, UK
585 Posts
Gold Member

Hi bigphil,

Sounds like an interesting combination - I also use a pair of passive floorstanding speakers (Royd Minstrels) with my Beosystem 3500 after years of using RedLine 60s and I'm really happy with the sound - I find the B&O amps of this era are fine for driving most passive speakers (although they can struggle with oddities like Quad ESL57 electrostatics!)

The key is to trust your ears, have a listen and (if possible) try the speakers on different amps as well for comparison.

Kind regards, Steve.

Steve.

www.soundsheavenly.com

Sounds Heavenly are proud to sponsor the BeoWorld forums!

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS