Moment and Deezer playlists - question!

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 7 Replies | 4 Followers

Sandyb
Top 150 Contributor
426 Posts
Bronze Member
Sandyb posted on Fri, Apr 21 2017 11:09 AM

Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere, though i've had a good look.

Got a new Moment very recently - having an issue with deleting Deezer playlists.

If i delete a playlist through the Deezer iOS app, the playlist tile remains on the Moment (although the tracks underneath are gone, and will not load, which makes sense). There is an error message in Notifications related to that particular playlist. I cant clear out the playlist tile unless i log the Moment out of Deezer and then back in....

So deleting is a problem, adding playlists is fine......shows up on the Moment, albeit not quickly, generally within 5-10 minutes......

And the utterly bizarre thing is that my dealer logged his Moment into my Deezer account, and when i delete a playlist, his Moment updates fine......

B&O suggested to him that i do a reset and rebuild - didn't help

BeoCare suggested to me that using Deezer on my computer to delete the playlist will work - didn't help.

Any seasoned Moment users got any thoughts......much appreciated!

All Replies

Lyle Clarke
Not Ranked
Lunderskov
32 Posts
Bronze Member

Hej Sandy

Are you still having problems with this playlist? 

When you add or remove playlists, or albums etc. to your collection via the Deezer web site or the Deezer app, the Moment definitely should make the adjustments automatically. When the Deezer web-service signals that a change is happened, Moment then has a look to see what the changes are and then adds/removes the content from its database as need be. 

Pro tip though, if you want to remove a playlist very quickly, swipe to the Search screen on Moment, and search for the name of the playlist you want to remove. Any content you have hearted in your collection which show up at the start of the Deezer results. Unheart what you want to remove and it will be removed instantly from the Moment and then the update is sent up to the Deezer web service, and where the change will also be reflected after a short delay. 

Sandyb
Top 150 Contributor
426 Posts
Bronze Member
Sandyb replied on Sun, Apr 23 2017 6:26 PM
Hi there Lyle, yes still having the issue

Beocare suggested I delete (manage) any playlists on my computer rather than the Deezer app, implying that there is a difference...unsurprisingly it made no difference

My dealer was told by Denmark to rest and rebuild, as something had corrupted my Deezer account.....again no difference

So I have a playlist I deleted on the Deezer iOS app on Friday, and it's still showing on the Moment... not showing anywhere else, not the Deezer app, and neither the BeoMusic nor new B&O app....

As my OP mentioned, when my dealer logs in to his Moment with my Deezer account, he doesn't have the same issue....

No one seems to know how to address this !?!

Any thoughts much appreciated

Sandeep
Lyle Clarke
Not Ranked
Lunderskov
32 Posts
Bronze Member

Hej Sandeep.

We will get to the bottom of it (and I will PM you to get more information). In the meantime. Please search for the name of the playlist using the search function of the Moment. Then try toggling the heart/unheart function from there.

Cheers
Lyle

Weebyx
Top 100 Contributor
Denmark
647 Posts
Bronze Member
Weebyx replied on Sun, Apr 23 2017 7:13 PM

Sandyb:

Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere, though i've had a good look.

Got a new Moment very recently - having an issue with deleting Deezer playlists.

If i delete a playlist through the Deezer iOS app, the playlist tile remains on the Moment (although the tracks underneath are gone, and will not load, which makes sense). There is an error message in Notifications related to that particular playlist. I cant clear out the playlist tile unless i log the Moment out of Deezer and then back in....

So deleting is a problem, adding playlists is fine......shows up on the Moment, albeit not quickly, generally within 5-10 minutes......

And the utterly bizarre thing is that my dealer logged his Moment into my Deezer account, and when i delete a playlist, his Moment updates fine......

B&O suggested to him that i do a reset and rebuild - didn't help

BeoCare suggested to me that using Deezer on my computer to delete the playlist will work - didn't help.

Any seasoned Moment users got any thoughts......much appreciated!

I have actually seen this issue also, also with albums. Sometimes it takes "forever" for the Moment to discover the change, but unheart from the search has always  fixed it for me.

But..I have just tried deleting a playlist with the Deezer app, and that was removed from the Moment within a minut or so. So at least it is not a "common" problem, but that does not help you..

When I first got the Moment, I did a lot of searching/adding in a Deezer/Moment combination. And sometimes I got some unexpected results with content on the Moment that shouldn't be there. I ended up doing a content reset a lot of times, didn't take long when only using Deezer. 

I have not had this issue for a long time though.

/Webyx

Sandyb
Top 150 Contributor
426 Posts
Bronze Member
Sandyb replied on Sun, Apr 23 2017 7:32 PM
Yeah, I just get the issue with deleting a playlist on the Deezer app.....adding a playlist or album in the Deezer app, and it shows up quickly on the Moment....

There is an error message in the notifications screen, relating to the deleted playlist....the Moment seems to empty the playlist contents, but the playlist tile still shows up...

And my dealer doesn't get the problem when he uses my Deezer account, so a bit puzzling

Let's see what the Moment team come up with, will report back

Sandyb
Top 150 Contributor
426 Posts
Bronze Member
Sandyb replied on Sun, Apr 23 2017 7:37 PM
Otherwise enjoying my first few weeks with the Moment......I wanted a separate unit than my IPhone or iPad, and a little more music focused.....anyway enjoying reconnecting with my old music as well as more recent stuff I have in Deezer....

Not that this is a complaint, but through my main lounge setup, the FLAC ripped CD music does sound noticeably better than the Deezer stream, so the absence of Deezer Elite/Tidal is a bit of a shame, not a deal breaker though

TS
Not Ranked
9 Posts
Bronze Member
TS replied on Wed, Apr 26 2017 10:01 AM

Hi All

I have a thread going with BeoCare about the Deezer playlists - there are some issues and it looks like the Deezer has changed something on their side. If you have used the MAC OSX version of the deezer app to "upload" your playlists - if will fail sometimes on some songs. Both on the BS2, A9, A6, BV11 but more importantly the IMAC Deezer App behaves the same way. That is likely that it is a  change on the Deezer side can be established by the fact that the Deezer App on both IPhone, Ipad and Windows 10 can play the same playlists without issues. I have send bug report + screen dumps etc to BeoCare and the App team. If seems that both Deezer MAC version and B&O versions are like issues (the software releases on Ipad, IPhone, Windows 10  are more recent than B&O and the Deezer MAC version)

Let you all know how I get along

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS