Beosound 2300 question about repair

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 5 Replies | 1 Follower

aub32
Not Ranked
1 Posts
Bronze Member
aub32 posted on Thu, Apr 20 2017 3:55 PM

Hello, folks.  I was fortunate enough to inherit a Beosound 2300, circa 1995, and I don't have a need for it.  It came with all connectors for the speakers, power, manuals, and even the warranty card.  It didn't come with an aux cable, but I see that they're $20 on amazon.  The big problem is that the CD player doesn't spin. The doors magically open and the disc holder opens, and the remote and keypad both seem to work fine, but no spin.  I'd like to sell the system to somebody who would appreciate it, but I think I'd need to sell it to a person who likes to fix things.  Please let me know if anyone has thoughts on the disc issue, or if you just want to buy it from me.  I would hate to just sell it at a yard sale knowing that people truly love these things.  

All Replies

marc
Not Ranked
netherlands
47 Posts
Bronze Member
marc replied on Thu, Apr 27 2017 2:52 PM

As for most of the players from that time, the CD player's lasers wear out and need to be replaced.

These are not made anymore so good luck in finding 1, sorry.

You can try your luck on chinesium lasers, most of them will work just fine, its quite a hassle to replace the laser though.

Good Luck!

Ralf
Top 500 Contributor
Hamburg Germany
78 Posts
Bronze Member
Ralf replied on Thu, Apr 27 2017 2:59 PM

Look for laser type Philips 12.4, the unit should be an VAU 12xxx IND, which is equipped with 12.4 laser type. Chinese lasers have very poor quality. In most cases they will not function, this is my and other users experience, believe me :-)

Original replacement lasers can be purchased from justone Schnepel in Germany.

Ralf

marc
Not Ranked
netherlands
47 Posts
Bronze Member
marc replied on Thu, Apr 27 2017 3:07 PM

after shipping cost you still have to find some one to repair your 180 euro's worth of laser....

that is the big problem.

since the lasers went out of production early 2000 i think it will get more and more difficult to source the parts.

and for 60 euro's you can find 5 lasers in china, so you can have a go at trying it yourself!

Ralf
Top 500 Contributor
Hamburg Germany
78 Posts
Bronze Member
Ralf replied on Thu, Apr 27 2017 4:01 PM

None of the china rubbish is working, i had many of them and gave them a try from time to time.

The problem is not philips it is hitachi the producer of the laser diode.

The lasers from justtone work, justtone gives you a limited warranty of 12 month.

180 Euro is a complete refurbished unit, 69 euro just a working laser.

It is not very sophisticated  to change the laser, there are manuals and tutorials on youtube as well.

But if you like to make your own experience, do it :-)

Ralf

solderon29
Top 200 Contributor
U.K.West Midlands
260 Posts
Gold Member

If it's a '2300,I think it will use a CDM4 cd mech?Could  it be a '3200?

Does the laser arm move in a straight line or an arc in your machine?

The cdm4 is very reliable,so there may be another problem somewhere.Have you tried cleaning the laser lens first?

Nick

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS