Very sad news. Bang & Olufsen in Eastbourne closing

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 20 Replies | 2 Followers

thorne
Top 500 Contributor
167 Posts
Bronze Member
thorne posted on Thu, Mar 23 2017 6:52 PM

Unbelievable and very sad.  The store has been in Eastbourne since the 70s, when it was known as Leonard Booth, and there actually was a man called Leonard Booth.  An institution in the towno

All Replies

Duels
Top 50 Contributor
England
1,629 Posts
Gold Member
Duels replied on Sun, Mar 26 2017 10:19 AM
I just don't get that. Read the things you are interested in. Don't read the things you are not. Forums evolve.
Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
9,824 Posts
Bronze Member

Rolf:

Being a founding member of this site I have been sad to see the deterioration of it over the years and therefore choose to stop being an active member a few years ago after another shop closing thread.

Irrespectively I will "again" leave, but will sat that I prefer three postings of relevance than 8942 postings of usual *** speak,

Quality over Quantity,

Founding member or not - if your only 'B&O interest' is how many shops are closing, I fully understand that you are about to leave 'again'.

Beoworld is about much more than ''shop closing'.

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

Simonbeo
Top 75 Contributor
1,296 Posts
Gold Member

I think the evolution of retail is relevant to B&O too. With Play forming a great proportion of revenue I believe in buying from your local store. This is as opposed to on-line ,which is being pushed by the company and hopefully ensures there will still be B&O shops on the high street. The products deserve more than an icon on a website to sell them as they're tactile and must be seen in real-life.

Beo Century ,Beoplay V1, Beocenter 6, Ex-Beolit 12, Beotime , A8 , MX 5500 . Beolit 15 , Form 2i , Beolab 2000, Beoplay A3.

Duels
Top 50 Contributor
England
1,629 Posts
Gold Member
Duels replied on Sun, Mar 26 2017 1:55 PM
Simonbeo:

I think the evolution of retail is relevant to B&O too. With Play forming a great proportion of revenue I believe in buying from your local store. This is as opposed to on-line ,which is being pushed by the company and hopefully ensures there will still be B&O shops on the high street. The products deserve more than an icon on a website to sell them as they're tactile and must be seen in real-life.

Beo Century ,Beoplay V1, Beocenter 6, Ex-Beolit 12, Beotime , A8 , MX 5500 . Beolit 15 , Form 2i , Beolab 2000, Beoplay A3.

I think both on-line and physical stores are important. It would be a mistake to just rely on stores. There simply aren't anywhere near enough of them in enough places to handle to volumes of Play items B&O want and need to sell. I am lucky enough to have an excellent dealer in Sheffield just walking distance from my house. But it would be frustrating for anyone who had to travel miles to pick up a £200 A1 for example and who could get an alternative product on-line.

Most retailers who succeed in the current market have a good combined physical/virtual model.
Simonbeo
Top 75 Contributor
1,296 Posts
Gold Member

I totally agree and I'm in a similar position to you , in that I can walk to a shop , and buy my new headphones for example.

StUrrock
Top 100 Contributor
862 Posts
Bronze Member
Rolf:

Being a founding member of this site I have been sad to see the deterioration of it over the years and therefore choose to stop being an active member a few years ago after another shop closing thread.

Irrespectively I will "again" leave, but will sat that I prefer three postings of relevance than 8942 postings of usual *** speak,

Quality over Quantity,

With your and my post ...

Make that 8944 of *** speak now then

Stick out tongue
Page 2 of 2 (21 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS