Having some trouble with my new A6 !!

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 5 Replies | 0 Followers

chris
Top 500 Contributor
64 Posts
Bronze Member
chris posted on Mon, Mar 20 2017 2:39 AM

I have had it for three days now and i can't seem to be able to update the speaker.

I cannot get it to connect to my home network. Luckily listening to spotify and mp3's with bluetooth is fine. But im frustrated that i can't connect the A6 to my home network.

The truth is im using the network from the upstairs apartment. Is it possible for theba6 to be updated wirelessly?? Or must it be hooked up with an ethernet cable to the router??

I will have my own network/router this week but the network signal is strong from upstairs and bluetooth works fine no problems. Maybe the signal needs to be 99% percent solid?!

Any help would be appreciated thanks!

Compared to my older Beosound 1 the A6 is far superior to my ears

All Replies

Hiort
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
1,528 Posts
Gold Member
Hiort replied on Mon, Mar 20 2017 6:40 AM
chris:

I have had it for three days now and i can't seem to be able to update the speaker.

I cannot get it to connect to my home network. Luckily listening to spotify and mp3's with bluetooth is fine. But im frustrated that i can't connect the A6 to my home network.

The truth is im using the network from the upstairs apartment. Is it possible for theba6 to be updated wirelessly?? Or must it be hooked up with an ethernet cable to the router??

I will have my own network/router this week but the network signal is strong from upstairs and bluetooth works fine no problems. Maybe the signal needs to be 99% percent solid?!

Any help would be appreciated thanks!

Compared to my older Beosound 1 the A6 is far superior to my ears

You need a good wifi signal and you phone need to be on the same network.

Redo the installation once you have your own network.

Aussie Michael
Top 50 Contributor
Melbourne, AU
2,536 Posts
Bronze Member

Have you tried to use the new app - that is also support to help when you set up the device 

chris
Top 500 Contributor
64 Posts
Bronze Member
chris replied on Mon, Mar 20 2017 10:40 AM

I have the beosetup app but it wont update the a6 .

Ralf
Top 500 Contributor
Hamburg Germany
139 Posts
Silver Member
Ralf replied on Mon, Mar 20 2017 11:46 AM

Hi,

you only need an internet connection, if wifi is poor,may be the update will fail.

You need not a perfect wifi signal. The update will be done with orange (wifi poor) light as well.

Automatic firmware update is enabled by default.

The A6 has a webinterface. You can check in your router which ip it has been assigned and try to setup whth a browser from your ipad or laptop.

But if you have the possibility to connect it through ethernet i would prefer it during setup. For normal operation wifi is sufficient.

Ralf

chris
Top 500 Contributor
64 Posts
Bronze Member
chris replied on Mon, Mar 20 2017 1:08 PM

Thank you

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS