Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Click here to tell us about your new email address

Beosound 9000 & Spotify

rated by 0 users
Answered (Not Verified) This post has 0 verified answers | 6 Replies | 1 Follower

Martín
Not Ranked
Canada
11 Posts
Bronze Member
Martín posted on Sun, Mar 19 2017 5:09 PM

Hi there,

I'm trying to integrate Spotify with my Beosound 9000 + Beolab 8000 system. I do this by connecting my iPhone via AUX, but unfortunately two things happen:

1) Sound quality is poor

2) Sound volume is very low

Is there a better way to listen to my Spotify playlists via BO than the one I'm trying?

Cheers, Martin

All Replies

leogoeswild
Top 50 Contributor
Helsinki, Finland
1,402 Posts
Bronze Member
Chromecast
Martín
Not Ranked
Canada
11 Posts
Bronze Member

Thank you for your response!

So, I checked their site and I assume I should be going with the Chromecast Audio. Do you know if Chromecast should be plugged into the 9000 AUX or into my active speakers?

Thanks again,

Martin

leogoeswild
Top 50 Contributor
Helsinki, Finland
1,402 Posts
Bronze Member
You can plug it wherever you want. I would plug it to the bs9000.
Jeff
Top 50 Contributor
USA
2,478 Posts
Gold Member
Jeff replied on Sun, Mar 19 2017 6:33 PM

I have a Playmaker connected to my A Aux on my BS9000, and a turntable connected to the Playmaker aux in. I stream from either my PC (iTunes) or my iPad/iPhone (Spotify) to the Playmaker. Volume is adjusted to it's comparable to the CD player volume, and I use a phono preamp that has adjustable gain so I can level match it to the CD volume level as well. Works fine.

Jeff

Beovirus victim, it's gotten to be too much to list!

graemeben
Top 500 Contributor
121 Posts
Bronze Member
Suggested by graemeben

Hi. I note you use an iPhone. I use Spotify on my iPad via an airport express box connected to the aux in on my BC9300. Works really well and I haven't noticed any  sound quality or volume issues. I would suggest this as then you won't have to directly connect your iPhone to the BS9000, you can leave the airport express box connected all the time. You can pick up used airport boxes quite reasonably from eBay. I'm sure Steve at sounds heavenly would sell you the correct lead to connect to the aux in. 

Just a suggestion. 

Graeme.

Martín
Not Ranked
Canada
11 Posts
Bronze Member

Thank you guys for all your suggestions!

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS